La Liga 2018/19

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

FinBarcelonafan

Fucking classic. Valverde will play starting 11 and we will be crushed at Old Trafford. Fucking know how this is going to go already.

Good excuse for losing a lot as well. "Tired knees" Blah blah shit.

Sorin

Machin sacked by Sevilla. So much for this guy being more suited for us than Setien. Turns out he's not even suited for Sevilla.

serghei

Machin sacked by Sevilla. So much for this guy being more suited for us than Setien. Turns out he's not even suited for Sevilla.

Man's a train wreck. Setien is better, although he's too similar to Valverde for my liking. Not too many top managers out there to choose from.

Sorin

Man's a train wreck. Setien is better, although he's too similar to Valverde for my liking. Not too many top managers out there to choose from.

Well yeah, I too chilled out on Setien in the last couple of months and realized that he's not what we need but then to compare him to Machin and the later coming out favorable was a foolish thing imo. What he did with Las Palmas a couple years ago was way batter than what Machin did at Girona. Hell, Setien has done better on the poorer team in town.

khaled_a_d

Fucking classic. Valverde will play starting 11 and we will be crushed at Old Trafford. Fucking know how this is going to go already.

We don't have any other option but playing best 11 against Atletico if our lead isn't extended.
Atletico is going all for the league, winning the game will make difference 4 points and they will hold tie breaking advantage.
If we are aiming to win the CL, it is either we throw Liga, or wing AM game to extend league and be able to rest our players before next 3 fixtures

What he did with Las Palmas a couple years ago was way batter than what Machin did at Girona.

It isn't at all, If you watched Las Palmas in Segunda you will know they were very good and entertaining team. Just needed a coach to adapt to 1st division. Machine build a legacy in Girona and lead them to their first ever Liga promotion.
Not that it matters from Barca perspective

FinBarcelonafan

We don't have any other option but playing best 11 against Atletico if our lead isn't extended.
Atletico is going all for the league, winning the game will make difference 4 points and they will hold tie breaking advantage.
If we are aiming to win the CL, it is either we throw Liga, or wing AM game to extend league and be able to rest our players before next 3 fixtures

It isn't at all, If you watched Las Palmas in Segunda you will know they were very good and entertaining team. Just needed a coach to adapt to 1st division. Machine build a legacy in Girona and lead them to their first ever Liga promotion.
Not that it matters from Barca perspective

It's a big risk. We can still lose vs Atletico and use all our energy. Very risky.

soul24rage

I think the most realistic scenario that will happen would be that EV will rest the key players vs Villareal (A) and play the starters vs ATM and vs Man Utd and then rest them vs Huesca (A). In this scenario, I hope we beat ATM by 2 goals in the first half. I really doubt EV will rest key players vs ATM so I'm very hoping he does it vs Villareal.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We can also lose in the CL despite resting first 11. It's also risky.

Well rested, fresh players have a less chance of losing vs. tired players.

Can exert more energy.

Doesn't matter anyway. Atletico are going to lose more points before we meet them.

Joan

Well rested, fresh players have a less chance of losing vs. tired players.

Can exert more energy.

Doesn't matter anyway. Atletico are going to lose more points before we meet them.
So is our first 11 more likely to win point(s) against Altetico than any other lineup.

If Atletico loses points before we meet them, it will be different.

vlad

Your pessimism is something else, "barca will be crushed at old trafford" how on earth you got to this conclusion? Is barca that bad? Doesnt united have still alot to play in PL to stay in first 4, is now Ole worldclass manager who will outsmart valverde? Please...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So is our first 11 more likely to win point(s) against Altetico than any other lineup.

If Atletico loses points before we meet them, it will be different.

Of course, but if the difference is 8 points when we meet Atletico it should be worth resting a couple of players. Perhaps Rakitic and Busquets given those two don't have the legs to play back to back high intensity games.

FinBarcelonafan

Your pessimism is something else, "barca will be crushed at old trafford" how on earth you got to this conclusion? Is barca that bad? Doesnt united have still alot to play in PL to stay in first 4, is now Ole worldclass manager who will outsmart valverde? Please...

Based on history we will be crushed again unless we change something. PSG crushed us, Atletico, Juventus, Bayern etc. This cant keep going. We play like shit away.

I'm hoping we at least rest the team properly before United games.

FinBarcelonafan

Of course, but if the difference is 8 points when we meet Atletico it should be worth resting a couple of players. Perhaps Rakitic and Busquets given those two don't have the legs to play back to back high intensity games.

Valverde will never rest those two vs Atletico.

Home of Barca Fans