La Liga 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Those who are depending on Atletico to lose points before the last game are misguided, we can't rely on that at this point. However I don't get what's wrong with the notion of wanting Atletico to be better than Real. I want Atletico to get 2nd. In no way should we "let them win" or change our course to get that to happen but just as a peripheral desire that has little to do with Barca, they should get that far as they deserve it.

Don, that is very noble of you. However, most of us here are Barca fans first and foremost, we will never be as impartial as the ideal football fan should be. I agree that Atletico has come a long way and Simeone's work is worth applauding, but to me they still play in a very ugly, almost anti-football style. Just me.

Also, it is unlikely that we will not drop points in the remaining games, so hoping for Atletico and Real Madrid to drop points is highly understandable.

F

Frejsgodes

If real drop points tonight will you then want Atletico to drop some points?

Depends if it's 1 or 3 dropped points. If Real Madrid lose in San Sebastian and we beat Betis, then sure I'd want Atletico to start dropping a few points in the next rounds. Atletico would be two matches up against Real and they have the head-to-head advantage. I doubt Atletico would lose to more matches considering how strong they've been this season We'd be "safe" there. We too have the head-to-head advantage against Real Madrid and after the victory tonight 5 point more than them. I doubt we'd choke that away. So, yes, in that scenario I hope Atletico lose some point.

footyfan

Calma, calma
My ideal combination of results would lead to a scenario where, on the final day, whoever wins the Barca-Atletico game wins the title. If it's a draw however, Real Madrid win the title.

That would be brilliant.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Don, that is very noble of you. However, most of us here are Barca fans first and foremost, we will never be as impartial as the ideal football fan should be. I agree that Atletico has come a long way and Simeone's work is worth applauding, but to me they still play in a very ugly, almost anti-football style. Just me.

Also, it is unlikely that we will not drop points in the remaining games, so hoping for Atletico and Real Madrid to drop points is highly understandable.

I understand not liking them and I do understand wanting them to drop points for the sake of Barca (at some point, I'll want that too) but to me they deserve something out of this season in which they've given every last drop of effort. Physical, combative football they may play but they have the passion that supposedly Barca have lost in recent times. 2nd place is a worthy achievement, breaking the duopoly with willpower and tactical toughness. They are a much more likable team than RM to me and I'd fully support them to have success over their city rivals (but not over Barca).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans