Kylian Mbappé

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Imagine thinking Mbappe isn't world class. smh

The kid reached that status 6 months into his pro debut.

Did you see his matches ? He misses a lot of good chances and often cant control the ball. He was a special player when he was in Monaco but since PSG he didnt develop. The match against barca was the first time when you could see his talent.

BarcaOG

Banned
i have no doubt mbappe and haaland will be the best players in the world for the next 4-6 years but i have seen some really ridiculous claims after their last CL performances.

rio ferdinand, gary lineker and the other pundits at bein sports (or whatever channel they work at) claimed that mbappe and haaland are now entering prime CR and messi level. i couldnt believe it. prime messi and CR were scoring 50-70 goals/year for consecutive years. we wont see that again, probably for a long time, maybe forever

ppl need to chill. theyre good, but chill

Mitchell1978

i have no doubt mbappe and haaland will be the best players in the world for the next 4-6 years but i have seen some really ridiculous claims after their last CL performances.

rio ferdinand, gary lineker and the other pundits at bein sports (or whatever channel they work at) claimed that mbappe and haaland are now entering prime CR and messi level. i couldnt believe it. prime messi and CR were scoring 50-70 goals/year for consecutive years. we wont see that again, probably for a long time, maybe forever

Haaland and Mbappe became WC goalscorers quicker then Messi and CR7.
Messi 'only' at age 21 and CR7 really only at age 24/25.

Thats something in favour of Haaland and Mbappe but will they be able to maintain that level and continue to develop and become better to reach even higher levels like Messi and CR7 i doubt it also.
Mbappe hasn't developped the last 3 years for example.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Thats something in favour of Haaland and Mbappe but will they be able to maintain that level and continue to develop and become better to reach even higher levels like Messi and CR7 i doubt it also.

Difference is that Messi and Ronaldo were also worldclass in freekicks, dribbling, creating chances while Mbappe and Haaland are 'just' goal scorers.

BarcaOG

Banned

michael owen was also a WC wonderkind. he even won the ballon d'or :lol:

meh. the really freakish thing about Messi and CR was their longevity: at least ten years at the top. im not even going to begin comparing haaland and mpabbe to messi and CR unless they can score 30+ goals for at least 5 consecutive seasons.

plus, the above poster is correct. mbappe has more flash than haaland and is also very pacy; haaland has really great finishing. but messi and CR had much more to their games. young CR was a far better dribbler (though a poorer goal scorer) for example than mbappe/haaland; older ronaldo had unreal finishing, much better than mbappe and haaland. and lets not even talk about what else messi was capable besides scoring.

so no, these kids are nowhere near that level and i doubt they will

Bulgroz

I agree with you, obviously. But let's be honest, if you want people to talk about you, get retweets etc, you need outrageous claims. No one's going to say "OMG DID YOU SEE WHAT LINEKER SAID?!! HE SAID THAT MBAPPE IS A GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER!!!". On the other hand, if you claim that "he's the new coming of R9", you'll get people talking. That's just how it is.

Same with people on this forum who like to be the center of attention by going the full troll way with condescending posts or outrageous claims, thinking that makes them look cool (it doesn't).

Chainsaw

Killahead
I agree with you, obviously. But let's be honest, if you want people to talk about you, get retweets etc, you need outrageous claims. No one's going to say "OMG DID YOU SEE WHAT LINEKER SAID?!! HE SAID THAT MBAPPE IS A GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER!!!". On the other hand, if you claim that "he's the new coming of R9", you'll get people talking. That's just how it is.

Same with people on this forum who like to be the center of attention by going the full troll way with condescending posts or outrageous claims, thinking that makes them look cool (it doesn't).

Word

Proper

Banned

I'm not sure why people write stuff like this, it's like they've never actually watched football/follow said footballers careers and just look at stats. :shrug:

You do know Messi and C.Ronaldo haven't always CF's like Haaland and Mbappe? For one C.Ronaldo only became a pure CF aged 28/30+

As good as Mbappe/Haaland are chances are they will never go on to have the careers Ronaldo and Messi have had, do you know how i know this? Because those 2 have dominated the Ballon d'Or for over a decade, they have scored 40+ goals a season for over a decade, have more league and champions league medals around their necks than Mr T gold chains and stayed relatively injury (serious injury) all their careers and have dominated football more than any other footballer in its history.

They are genuinely 2 'all time greats' (possibly the greatest) for 2 more players to come through same era as them and somehow get talked about as they though they are going to be 'better' (or doing things better) is highly unlikely.

For Haaland/Mbappe to maintain their levels and scoring 40+ goals a season every season now until mid-30's is highly unlikely and for them to not get any injuries to slow them down is highly unlikely and for Mbappe/Haaland to win the Champions League (and Ballon d'Or) year after year is highly unlikely.

Last edited:

krakdol

I'm not sure why people write stuff like this, it's like they've never actually watched football/follow said footballers careers and just look at stats. :shrug:

You do know Messi and C.Ronaldo haven't always CF's like Haaland and Mbappe? For one C.Ronaldo only became a pure CF aged 28/30+

As good as Mbappe/Haaland are chances are they will never go on to have the careers Ronaldo and Messi have had, do you know how i know this? Because those 2 have dominated the Ballon d'Or for over a decade, they have scored 40+ goals a season for over a decade, have more league and champions league medals around their necks than Mr T gold chains and stayed relatively injury (serious injury) all their careers and have dominated football more than any other footballer in its history.

They are genuinely 2 'all time greats' (possibly the greatest) for 2 more players to come through same era as them and somehow get talked about as they though they are going to be 'better' (or doing things better) is highly unlikely.

For Haaland/Mbappe to maintain their levels and scoring 40+ goals a season every season now until mid-30's is highly unlikely and for them to not get any injuries to slow them down is highly unlikely and for Mbappe/Haaland to win the Champions League (and Ballon d'Or) year after year is highly unlikely.

True. On the other hand, Mbappe already won the World Cup as a teenager while being a major contributor, like Pele, something
that Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo never achieved in their entire carreer.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans