Kylian Mbappé

El Gato

Villarato!
^
Which is why they're likely to lower asking price if they want to keep being competitive and have a chance to replace with another excellent talent.

If Liverpool come around to the idea of trading Salah + cash for Mbappe, Real will have to be ready to pay serious cash to get their man.

Morten

^
Which is why they're likely to lower asking price if they want to keep being competitive and have a chance to replace with another excellent talent.

If Liverpool come around to the idea of trading Salah + cash for Mbappe, Real will have to be ready to pay serious cash to get their man.

Thats not how PSG operates, either you pay up or they are perfectly willing to let their players go for free after being on the bench the last year.
They rather make an example of players who defy them, they aren`t particulary concerned with money.

El Gato

Villarato!
Thats not PSG operates, either you pay up or they are perfectly willing to let their players go for free after being on the bench the last year.
They rather make an example of players who defy them, they aren`t particulary concerned with money.

You're not comparing Rabiot situation here... are you?

It's nothing to do with money and everything to do with getting a replacement. They can't let him leave for free and spend another 200-300 on single player of similar quality without violating FFP and they need immediate continuity to retain their progress rate in CL. They'd waste too much time and Neymar career while banned if not getting cash they can reinvest.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Salah will never accept a move to PSG. There will be a political back clash in Egypt for such a move and he is too smart to accept it

The Times wrote about it. For what it's worth.

Results of this season could swing his decision which to me still isn't completely certain. RM or Liverpool probably only serious choices.

-My understanding it isn't worth much.
And Liverpool fans seems to find such rumors a joke, no one believe they can afford him.

El Gato

Villarato!
Salah will never accept a move to PSG. There will be a political back clash in Egypt for such a move and he is too smart to accept it

Fair point. In any case, he'd be getting replaced. But it may be that Klopp doesn't get frustrated enough by him to improve upon him.

Was he not on bad terms with Egyptian FA anyway?

And Liverpool fans seems to find such rumors a joke, no one believe they can afford him.

Again, depends how much PSG are forced to ask for.

khaled_a_d

Was he not on bad terms with Egyptian FA anyway?

True, but I am talking about politics here.
PSG owned by Qataer, Qatar is declared enemy of the state for Egyptian government, lead by one of the most ruthless dictators in the region.
Salah plays political with them, he usually has to give money and gestures for the government and kiss their ass, but on the other hand he uses that as leverage with FA.
He never goes against the government, because he his family is here, and the government can end his career easily by calling him for army service.
You go to play for Qatar, you cross a line.

PS: There are many reports that Mpabbe wanted Barca in 2017. I think with another board we might have a chance.
But a lot can happen between now and then.

El Gato

Villarato!
Wanting to play with Messi and trying to fill his boots are very different, don't see him having ambition to do the latter.

Didn't know about the political links. Guess that puts the idea to bed.

El Gato

Villarato!
There is that, but he's the better player of the two and justifiably pissed at Salah a lot of the time. Mbappe-Mane is a better fit than Mbappe-Salah.

Newcomer

Khaled is right. It is the Sunday Times, Duncan Castles reporting that. Why would he have an exclusive information on what Mbapp?, a french player has said to PSG ?

And even without this unreliable report, we all know Mbapp? is getting close to an exit as he isn't renewing his contract. No news worthy.

Newcomer

True, but I am talking about politics here.
PSG owned by Qataer, Qatar is declared enemy of the state for Egyptian government, lead by one of the most ruthless dictators in the region.
Salah plays political with them, he usually has to give money and gestures for the government and kiss their ass, but on the other hand he uses that as leverage with FA.
He never goes against the government, because he his family is here, and the government can end his career easily by calling him for army service.
You go to play for Qatar, you cross a line.

PS: There are many reports that Mpabbe wanted Barca in 2017. I think with another board we might have a chance.
But a lot can happen between now and then.

I don't even think it is that political. Big chance neither Salah nor Man? want to play in France.

Everytime people are fantasizing about those big players swap and it doesn't happen. Last swaps were more about creative accounting to dodge FFP sanction (Bar?a goalkeepers "swap" deal, Pjanic-Arthur "swap" deal).
Mbapp? will chose the club he wants to play for and PSG will reinvest the money from the fee (if he is sold) and/or his freed up amortization to buy the best players they can attract.

slicknick

^Yeah, looking increasingly likely that he will not stay at PSG beyond this season, though it might also be one of those mindgames Flo likes to play (not sure Liverpool had a viable shot)
[tw]1308745765108543490[/tw]

Andresito

Staff member
I can't see it happening as it's a very uncharasteristic buy from Liverpool.

The way I percieve Liverpool is that they won't stay at the top for very long. When current personnel like VVD, Salah, Mane and Klopp are gone they'll struggle.
But that could change and it would be some statement from Liverpool if they managed to buy him.

Home of Barca Fans