Kylian Mbappé

Jair Ventura

Before Ronaldinho Barcelona had Romario. Before Romario Barcelona had Laudrup and the CL. Before The European Cup Barcelona had a little known Argentinian called Maradona. Lets not pretend that they were not a big club before Ronaldinho came. Before Ronaldinho Barcelona had European Cup Finals and the most winners of the Cup Winners Cup and Uefa Cup (Europa League).

But most importantly before Ronaldinho Barcelona had Madrid (who's success we have not even talked about and does not need mentioning) and the rivalry that Ligue 1 can only dream to sell internationally.

But it is true that their most dominant period in the Champions coincided with the arrival of the Laporta regime.

Are you just writing to hear yourself talk? Because nothing you've offered here contradicts what I've argued.

Hyperbole. Mbappe World Cup wasn't even as venerated as James Rodriguez' in 2014, or as productive as a 20 year old Muller's in 2010.

I'm not even going to ask how you quantified that. Remain in your bubble, mate.

Two examples of where World Cup perhaps don't tell the whole story. But for sure France winning the World Cup helped build his brand value more than the rest for sure, giving him top spot in the Soccerex 20 under 21 2018. Because at PSG that sure as hell wasn't happening.

Yea, know one knew who Kylian was before the world cup. He was just some no-named kid that was coincidentally the second most expensive player of all time. Can't imagine why the worlds strongest clubs were willing to break their transfer records to land his signature.

Your comment was will, which is talking about events in the future. I am saying that right now in LaLiga the two best places are Vinicius as Florentino can build him as a global star with Ronaldo's boots to fill (again look who won the World Cup Golden Ball and and FIFA Player of the Year. Hint: It was an old man at Madrid. Imagine what Madrid can do for Vini.

Then Dembele who actually uninjured and playing consistently is building his profile immensely this season.

The future is informed by the present. And presently Mbappé is far and away the biggest u21 star in the world. But perhaps your fantasies will come to fruition at some point. Only time will tell.

If there is one thing I have learned as next big things always come along. Whether potential is fulfilled is a different question, and whether they become a marketing machine is another thing too. Two years after Messi emerged a player in Argentina was doing things as good, at a younger age. He was called Aguero. Imagine moving to Barcelona or Madrid and not Atletico. Injuries screwed him up too.

So yes, I would err on the edge of caution when proclaiming that Mbappe is, and can be the only mediatic global star in football to emerge over the coming years. And that is not even bringing into the equation of how big his profile will be if he sticks in Ligue1, especially if PSG never bring in a CL.

You guys sure are having a rough time dealing with how good Kylian is. :lol:

Jair Ventura

LOL, at the obsession about the European Cup/CL. There were other very prestigious European tournaments before everything was all about the CL. The UEFA Cup for instance was in many regards stronger than the European Cup as many more top teams participated in it. Or the Cup Winners Cup.

Barça had won countless of CdR titles (second most prestigious and important domestic cup in the world after the FA Cup), La Liga titles (historically the strongest and most successful league in Europe), a record number of 4 Cup Winner's Cups (the third most prestigious European tournament), 3 UEFA Cup's or more precisely its predecessor the Inter-City Fairs Cup a record number of times, 1 European Cup win, 2 finals and countless of quarterfinals and semifinals appearances, 2 Latin Cup titles (the predecessor of the CL) two European Super Cups etc.

Barça were definitely in the top 5/6 even pre-2003.

Not that it matters as what was done in 2008 or in 1958 is history in the exact same manner.

Type "Football records in Spain" on Wikipedia and click on the "Most successful clubs overall (official titles, 1903–present)".

93 official titles. More than any other club in the top 5 leagues of Europe. Only the likes of Rangers and Celtic have more official trophies due to their leagues and domestic cups being 30-40 years older and Scotland being the most one-sided league in the world with Celtic and Rangers winning almost every single trophy available.

I highly doubt that the EPL were more popular pre-2003 than the Spanish league. No way. Jair writing nonsense as usual.

WTF? Is Wikipedia banned here for some strange reason?

The serial troll Jair Ventura now taking a dig at the most successful league in Europe historically (by far) in La Liga where most of the world's greatest stars and icons have played, the league from where the most Ballon d'Or winners came, where the two most iconic and prestigious clubs are located, where the best football has been played overall etc. Amazing but not surprising.:lol:

All to somehow create a ridiculous narrative of Ligue 1 overtaking La Liga.:lol: Try overtaking Serie A (would take decades if it ever happens, I highly doubt that it will ever happen) which is on the rise before blabbering about overtaking La Liga. Or the Bundesliga for that matter.

Imagine writing entire essays that fail to contradict the arguments that inspired them. Imagine fabricating inane nonsense to hear yourself talk. Imagine adopting the role of an off brand [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]. Imagine.

Leo_Messi

Imagine writing entire essays that fail to contradict the arguments that inspired them. Imagine fabricating inane nonsense to hear yourself talk. Imagine adopting the role of an off brand [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]. Imagine.

Imagine being as dumb as you. Imagine being as cocky as you while being as dumb as a brick and the resident clown. Imagine for once not performing your annual disappearance act because your "beloved" QSG team defeated a mediocre Man Utd side.

Imagine being schooled time and time again by me and never having any counter arguments other than moronic and desperate on-liners.

I basically picked your nonsense apart and as usual you had nothing to say other than some nonsense and a comparison with one of the users who gets trolled the most. Something you have in common although BBZ is a vastly more interesting and valuable user than you. You are really something.:lol:

Jair Ventura

Imagine being as dumb as you. Imagine being as cocky as you while being as dumb as a brick and the resident clown. Imagine for once not performing your annual disappearance act because your "beloved" QSG team defeated a mediocre Man Utd side.

Imagine being schooled time and time again by me and never having any counter arguments other than moronic and desperate on-liners.

I basically picked your nonsense apart and as usual you had nothing to say other than some nonsense and a comparison with one of the users who gets trolled the most. Something you have in common although BBZ is a vastly more interesting and valuable user than you. You are really something.:lol:

[MENTION=5226]Wolfe[/MENTION]

This guy is comedy. :lol:

Btw, why are you here? We were having a civil discussion before you came to kill it with your trolling.

Leo_Messi

[MENTION=5226]Wolfe[/MENTION]

This guy is comedy. :lol:

If there was a poll here about who was the biggest clown of us two you would win with a 99.9% majority. North Korean style. Maybe your only vote would be from that quoted user who also appears very popular here among users.:lol: Mediocrity attracts each other after all.

You keep writing nonsense and keeping your position as the resident clown alive (until your annual disappearance act) and I will continue to pick your nonsense apart whenever I feel like having field day against you.

Morten

CR never carried a crap team on his back to anything. Mbappe has shown a lot of things already that CR does, excellent poacher, striker, clinical finisher, gets to balls quicker/higher than others can. Though maybe not the level of free kicks CR did as a younger player, but other than that can't see why he couldn't get to that type of impact. Sam with r9--I an see that comparison.

Messi, Zindane, Maradona--different kind of forces on a pitch, where whole different strategy and adjustment needed by an opponent who hopes to cope with them, and even then they might do something the best layed plans are ruined.

Well, CR never played for a "crap team", most world class players dont, so i dont see where this leads to.
He carried a fair bit for Portugal and RM, though people here only look at the failures.

I wouldn`t put Zidane on the level of Messi, Maradona, or even CR when it comes to winning matches, unless it was for big matches.
He was a briliant player, world class, but people dont remember anymore that he could be inconsistent, not turning up for the smaller games.

Jair Ventura

If there was a poll here about who was the biggest clown of us two you would win with a 99.9% majority. North Korean style. Maybe your only vote would be from that quoted user who also appears very popular here among users.:lol:

I’ll ask again: why are you here? Why are you ruining yet another thread with your Trump-esque essays? The discussion was fine without you.

Leo_Messi

I’ll ask again: why are you here? Why are you ruining yet another thread with your Trump-esque essays? The discussion was fine without you.

Sure, it was very fine without you as well. As for why I was here, my posts speak for themselves. Can't say the same about the nonsense that you write. You can't expect users here not to counter your utter nonsense. Either stop trolling or writing nonsense or don't cry whenever a user (s) (I am not the only one that countered your nonsense in this very thread) counters your nonsense. Simple.

You are the resident clown here and have been that for years. No need to make a secret out of it. The only value that you give this forum is your Youtube videos. Aside from being a laughing stock until you perform your annual disappearance act. Can't imagine how unbearable you must be if QSG somehow win the CL. Truth hurts, I know. Now go sit in a corner and cry, cretin. As for Trump, that is more like you. In fact your country has elected a worser version in Bolsonaro. Already told you this.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Sure, it was very fine without you as well. As for why I was here, my posts speak for themselves. Can't say the same about the nonsense that you write. You can't expect users here not to counter your utter nonsense. Either stop trolling or writing nonsense or don't cry whenever a user (s) (I am not the only one that countered your nonsense in this very thread) counters your nonsense. Simple.

You are the resident clown here and have been that for years. No need to make a secret out of it. The only value that you give this forum is your Youtube videos.

But the discussion was being had with me, and everyone was fine. Then you entered to remind everyone how smart you are and how great La Liga is. But those things were never up for debate. So you’ve essentially derailed yet another thread with your self absorbed essay writing without reason.

Leo_Messi

But the discussion was being had with me, and everyone was fine. Then you entered to remind everyone how smart you are and how great La Liga is. But those things were never up for debate. So you’ve essentially derailed yet another thread with your self absorbed essay writing without reason.

Can't you shut up for once Bolsonaro? You can continue to live in denial. What I just wrote to you is what the majority of users here feel like. You have been told this by countless upon countless of users. From YEARS ago I remember the same song. There was even a petition lately to get you banned. Stop kidding yourself. If you stopped trolling and sticked to posting Youtube videos there would be zero noise surrounding you.

Nobody has destroyed or derailed anything in this thread. My posts were all informative (aside from replying to trolling from you and your friend earlier) and opened up for many interesting discussions. Keep trying this "hard". Only making yourself look like a bigger fool than you already are. At least around here.

Even recall somebody here writing that you were banned from Reddit as well. Go figure, man.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Can't you shut up for once Bolsonaro? You can continue to live in denial. What I just wrote to you is what the majority of users here feel like. You have been told this by countless upon countless of users. From YEARS ago I remember the same song. There was even a petition lately to get you banned. Stop kidding yourself. If you stopped trolling and sticked to posting Youtube videos there would be zero noise surrounding you.

Nobody has destroyed or derailed anything in this thread. My posts were all informative (aside from replying to trolling from you and your friend earlier) and opened up for many interesting discussions. Keep trying this "hard". Only making yourself look like a bigger fool than you already are. At least around here.

Mate, even the Barca supporters here hardly enjoy having you around. Your obnoxiousness is annoying and derails countless threads. Get a grip.

Leo_Messi

Mate, even the Barca supporters here hardly enjoy having you around. Your obnoxiousness is annoying and derails countless threads. Get a grip.

Get rid of fucking trolls aka Wolfe, Jair!
Stop ignoring and Do your freaking job admin!!

Wolfe, while prone to occasional trolling, maybe more lately due to RM's revival, let us hope that will be a short one, is not an outright troll. At least not always. Jair Ventura on the other hand has been known as the resident clown for years and always at the center of every controversy on this forum almost. Not to mention his unbearable Ligue 1 propaganda everywhere.

He is a meme here after all. Just praying for another annual disappearance act so we can have a bit of peace now that the season is being decided.

Keep telling yourself that, troll. Said nobody. Ever.

Last time you tried an user wrote a post about me being a quality user with 5-6 users thanking his post. Nice try.:lol: Wasted enough of my time on you. From now on your trolling will be reported and I suggest other users to do the exact same thing. Maybe he will get banned like on Reddit as well. Cretin.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Wolfe, while prone to occasional trolling, maybe more lately due to RM's revival, let us hope that will be a short one, is not an outright troll. Jair Ventura on the other hand has been known as the resident clown for years and always at the center of every controversy on this forum almost. Not to mention his unbearable Ligue 1 propaganda everywhere.

He is a meme here after all. Just praying for another annual disappearance act so we can have a bit of peace now that the season is being decided.

Keep telling yourself that, troll. Said nobody. Ever.

Last time you tried an user wrote a post about me being a quality user with 5-6 users thanking his post. Nice try.:lol: Wasted enough of my time on you. From now on your trolling will be reported and I suggest other users to do the exact same thing.

Congratulations. You’ve ruined yet another discussion.

Looking forward to the day you go the way of Jamdav

Home of Barca Fans