Kylian Mbappé

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You're just a arguing to argue at this point.

With you on PSG perhaps, but on this point claiming France has the best academies I really don't see why. Just because Mbappe, Dembele etc. who are considered some of the best of the next generation of players are French?

Jair Ventura

With you on PSG perhaps, but on this point claiming France has the best academies I really don't see why. Just because Mbappe, Dembele etc. who are considered some of the best of the next generation of players are French?

You can't be serious. Anyone that even half way follows football recognizes that the talent coming out of France at the moment is extraordinary. Germany and certainly not Spain are on that level.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You can't be serious. Anyone that even half way follows football recognizes that the talent coming out of France at the moment is extraordinary. Germany and certainly not Spain are on that level.

That is a very subjective opinion.

Exactly how extraordinary?

France won the WC but the fashion in which they won it did not show me how extraordinary they are, for example. They are not heads and shoulders above everyone else.

Jair Ventura

That is a very subjective opinion.

Exactly how extraordinary?

Extraordinary enough that they've brought in hundreds of millions in profits from neighboring leagues over the last few years from player sales. Monaco alone has developed and sold more talents than all of Spain since the 2014 world cup.

Humours us and list the Spanish talents that are comparable to Mbappé, Dembélé, Lemar, Mendy, Varane, Umtiti, Martial, Pogba, Coman, etc. Explain to us why no one knows of these players and why no one is buying them?

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Extraordinary enough that they've brought in hundreds of millions in profits from neighboring leagues over the last few years from player sales. Monaco alone has developed and sold more talents than all of Spain since the 2014 world cup.

Humours us and list the Spanish talents that are comparable to Mbappé, Dembélé, Lemar, Mendy, Varane, Umtiti, Martial, Pogba, Coman, etc. Explain to us why no one knows of these players and why no one is buying them?

As I said earlier, Real Madrid has been buying many of them in the last several years. So has Atletico.

By your logic, Brazil must have the best academies in the world, right?

Jair Ventura

As I said earlier, Real Madrid has been buying many of them in the last several years. So has Atletico.

By your logic, Brazil must have the best academies in the world, right?

The only relevant Spanish talent that Madrid has signed is Marco Asensio. France produces wingers as talented or better practically every season.

Yes, Brasil has some of the best academies in the world: Santos, São Paulo, Cruzeiro, Flamengo, etc.... Do you even follow football?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The only relevant Spanish talent that Madrid has signed is Marco Asensio. France produces wingers as talented or better practically every season.

Yes, Brasil has some of the best academies in the world: Santos, São Paulo, Cruzeiro, Flamengo, etc.... Do you even follow football?

Isco didn't count? Vallejo didn't count? Ceballos didn't count? Herdandez didn't count?

OK, so Brazil has the best academies in the world and France has the best academies in Europe?

El Gato

Villarato!

Maaaaaan.. French talent whether developed at home beyond the age of 19 or scouted and acquired by others from French academies has been a constant in Europe for the past 20-25 years, especially in the past decade. Have you seen the list of players who were not called up to Russia?

France won the WC but the fashion in which they won it did not show me how extraordinary they are, for example. They are not heads and shoulders above everyone else.

Wat? Don't be silly. You gotta separate the talent from the management. That team (and in fact all of 30-40 players vying for a spot on the national team) is stupendous and is 2 or 3 tournaments below its peak, and they've already reached two consecutive international finals winning one of them. They're full of versatile guys who play multiple positions and who are above all great on the ball by anybody's standards, which is something the English talent for instance doesn't nearly lay a claim to. Spaniards are good, but will have multiple holes to cover up over the next 5 years, so will Belgium. German and Croatian generations are yesterday news. Only Brazil come close.

Donatello

Every WC winner is hyped like they're gonna rule for years to come, but that rarely happens.

Spain won WC in 2010, Won euro in 2008 & 2012. It was time for Spain to dominate, but they got thrashed out of 2014 WC
Germany won the WC in 2014, won confederation cup with their B team. People thought if B team is that great, A team would be miles better. But sadly, the A team got thrased out of 2018 WC.

I am not saying that France hasn't got the quality, they have. But, its far too early to say that they will keep dominating for the forseable future.

A game isn't won only because of quality players but also because of tactics. And, while it takes time to figure out flaws in one's game , but when its done, their dominance is usually over.

France's XI is their main strength (and the obvious bench), but its their main weakness aswell. Reason, at the time of WC it was in a nascent state, no one knew how they were going to play, what was their main formation & how to counter it. Now, that they have won the WC, its well known how their team plays, what is their usual squad. Now you know which players are they going to play and at which position, you can now make strategy to counter it. While, If France replace the player with some other, you may loose the edge that you have e.g replacing Kante or Pogba with Nzonzi, Matuidi with Dembele etc. If you don't replace them, you become too predictable. Its very hard to keep up once you have reached at the very top.

And You don't need a plethora of talented players to win, what you need is a strong XI, a good bench and an innovative coach, Croatia is a prime example. If France produces 4 quality LW, what's the use? You can only play one, maybe one for bench but that's it. Spain, Germany are far from over and the one who thinks that, is delusional.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Showed several spurts of brilliance with his feet in the first half against Germany. Other than that, France was pretty contained by Germany so not his fault that he didn't have many chances.

Jair Ventura

Isco didn't count? Vallejo didn't count? Ceballos didn't count? Herdandez didn't count?

Isco will turn 27 this season so I don't think you can call him a "talent" anymore. Vallejo and Ceballos haven't done anything worth talking about, leaving you with only Hernandez. So, very little talent, as I said. Not remotely comparable to the depth and quality France is turning out.

OK, so Brazil has the best academies in the world and France has the best academies in Europe?

You're only learning this now?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You're only learning this now?

Whatever.

By the way I would never equate having the best talents to having the best academies. Brazil is a football nation and has continued to produce many great players, I am not sure if the Brazilian academies can take the credit.

KingLeo10

juvens out there becoming more and more unbearable by the minute. How's Neymar's ascent to the throne working out for you, lad :lol:

Home of Barca Fans