Kylian Mbappé

JamDav1982

Gigi Buffon has made multiple CL finals, won multiple Serie A titles with Juve, won the World Cup, played multiple Euro finals and such. He didn't spent his career in the 5th best league, but in a top 3 one, who at times was even the best league in the world or the 2nd best.

Neymar is one of the best in the world really whether they win it or not and Mbappe is regarded as best young player in world.

But I agree if they are not winning CLs then their domestic success in France will have them getting a lot of compliments but never really in the discussion as the very best.

Jair Ventura

Gigi Buffon has made multiple CL finals, won multiple Serie A titles with Juve, won the World Cup, played multiple Euro finals and such. He didn't spent his career in the 5th best league.

Exactly, you've made my argument for me. You can be considered one of the worlds best without winning the UCL multiple times.

Yip Hazard will most likely want to head for Real and again that is not based on him being bored in EPL and wanting to test himself against the better sides week in week out as I think will be case with Mbappe.

Fairly simple to understand.

Maybe you should worry less about whether PSG can keep its best players and more about why the EPL can't keep theirs.

JamDav1982

Exactly, you've made my argument for me. You can be considered one of the worlds best without winning the UCL multiple times.

Maybe you should worry less about whether PSG can keep its best players and more about why the EPL can't keep theirs.

Not worried about PSG. Lame argument.

Mabppe will want to test himself in a top league I think and that is not comparible to Hazard or Coutinho who I am delighted moved to Barcelona. Cheers.

serghei

Neymar is one of the best in the world really whether they win it or not and Mbappe is regarded as best young player in world.

But I agree if they are not winning CLs then their domestic success in France will have them getting a lot of compliments but never really in the discussion as the very best.

Nobody cares about their domestic success in France, and without top class performances in CL, reapeated semifinal, final, or even trophy winning campaigns, nobody will rate Mbappe as highly as he wants. Same with Neymar really (but he has this World Cup as his best shot to win the Ballon d'Or, and Brazil are looking hot atm, meaning he isn't as dependant on club performances to win the CL next year).

People already see PSG as the main favourites for the CL, so if by any chance they fell flat on their nose vs this weaker version of Madrid, people will start to call Mbappe overrated, and put whatever he does in Ligue 1 down to the lower level of the league. PSG have basically made themselves much much bigger than the league they play in by basically blowing to other teams away with their Qatar money. Nothing they do in Ligue 1 will matter much until the league will produce CL material teams. When the Ligue 1 title holders ends up last in a CL group won by the Turkish champions, it automatically draws some form of ridicule.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Nobody cares about their domestic success in France, and without top class performances in CL, reapeated semifinal, final, or even trophy winning campaigns, nobody will rate Mbappe as highly as he wants. Same with Neymar really (but he has this World Cup as his best shot to win the Ballon d'Or, and Brazil are looking hot atm, meaning he isn't as dependant on club performances to win the CL next year).

People already see PSG as the main favourites for the CL, so if by any chance they fell flat on their nose vs this weaker version of Madrid, people will start to call Mbappe overrated, and put whatever he does in Ligue 1 down to the low level of the league.

If Real knock out PSG Mbappe will still be seen as the best young player in the world though.

Players can get recognized, just that their domestic success barely registers and will have to perform in CL.

serghei

If Real knock out PSG Mbappe will still be seen as the best young player in the world though.

Players can get recognized, just that their domestic success barely registers and will have to perform in CL.

Sure, he'll get recognized as a very good young player. But if say Barca win the CL, and Dembele has some nice games, people will start to say he's the better player. If City win the CL and win everything in a much better league than Ligue 1, people will replace Mbappe with Sane maybe, or with Jesus, or with whatever young player is winning the big titles and plays consistently great in a top top league.

Mbappe starts as the brightest young player. Other young players are in the zone, like Sane, Dembele, Jesus. And these players have the edge in a way because they play in much more competitive leagues than Mbappe. And if Mbappe doesn't make it big in CL or with France (note that these players play for top NT teams as well, like Brazil or Germany), I can totally see these players getting in front of him as far as the limelight is concerned.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Not worried about PSG. Lame argument.

Mabppe will want to test himself in a top league I think and that is not comparible to Hazard or Coutinho who I am delighted moved to Barcelona. Cheers.

I just think it's funny that you're constantly going on about players wanting to leave PSG and other French clubs to compete in "top leagues" when the EPL struggles to hold onto the few WC players it has.

Jair Ventura

Sure, he'll get recognized as a very good young player. But if say Barca win the CL, and Dembele has some nice games, people will start to say he's the better player. If City win the CL and win everything in a much better league than Ligue 1, people will replace Mbappe with Sane maybe, or with Jesus, or with whatever young player is winning the big titles and plays consistently great in a top top league.

No one thinks Dembele is as good as Mbappe, regardless of which league they play in or the success of the clubs they play for. The same applies to Sane and Jesus.

JamDav1982

Neither Sane or Jesus have been consistently great though if that is the criteria.

I think Mbappe by end of season will still be seen as best young player in world but for any if them to get proper recognition the CL is more important than it is for players in top leagues.

JamDav1982

I just think it's funny that you're constantly going on about players wanting to leave PSG and other French clubs to compete in "top leagues" when the EPL struggles to hold onto the few WC players it has.

Well you have made that up havent you?

I am mentioning why I think Mbappe wont spend future in France.

Not same reasons as likes of Coutinho or Hazard moving. Really not difficult to understand.

Don worry about EPL great players in all the top teams and lot of good ones after that. That league will be fine.

Last edited:

serghei

No one thinks Dembele is as good as Mbappe, regardless of which league they play in or the success of the clubs they play for. The same applies to Sane and Jesus.

I've seen plenty of fans who think Dembele will be better. More think Mbappe is better, give you that, but Barca paid about 160m. on Dembele with addons included, and PSG will pay 180m. for Mbappe.

So, they're both rated ultra high, with not that much between them. Dembele plays for the much bigger club, in the much better league. He has all the tools to become better than Mbappe. Talent wise, they're in the same ball-park as well.

Jair Ventura

Well you have made that up havent you?

I am mentioning why I think Mbappe wont spend future in France.

Not same reasons as likes of Coutinho or Hazard moving. Really not difficult to understand.

Don worry about EPL great players in all the top teams and lot of good ones after that. That league will be fine.

I know, and that's what I find funny. You're arguing why Mbappe will one day leave France as the EPL struggles to hold onto its best players. Countinho forced his way to La Liga, Mbappe turned La Liga down.

JamDav1982

I know, and that's what I find funny. You're arguing why Mbappe will one day leave France as the EPL struggles to hold onto its best players. Countinho forced his way to La Liga, Mbappe turned La Liga down.

Which would be relevant if the reasons were the same which they are not.

Lame stuff.

EPl has plenty great players dont worry about them.

Jair Ventura

I've seen plenty of fans who think Dembele will be better. More think Mbappe is better, give you that, but Barca paid about 160m. on Dembele with addons included, and PSG will pay 180m. for Mbappe.

So, they're both rated ultra high, with not that much between them. Dembele plays for the much bigger club, in the much better league. He has all the tools to become better than Mbappe.

I haven't seen plenty, especially not in France. Media, talking heads, supporters and most every other reasonable observer acknowledges that Mbappe is the biggest talent in the world. Dembele falls into the pool of young players that could develop into WC players with Sane, Guedes, Asensio, Lemar, Arthur, etc.

jamrock

I agree with what serghei is saying about him needing to do well in Europe, but I don't think people will start shifting from him even if psg doesn't do what the money they have spent indicate they should.

He will still be considered the best young player in the world, because the talent with him just screams in your face more so than any of the players on his age group.

After 2 seasons though, the world will start looking at him.

Neymar is the one that needs instabt success with psg in the CL, if he takes too long to win it. Even when he does after let's say 3 seasons. It will be kinda meh.

Home of Barca Fans