Kylian Mbappé

FinBarcelonafan

It's an obligatory deal. His loan deal will be turned into a permanent transfer the 1st of July.

Our best shot at getting him is to tap him up for the next 4 years using Dembele and Umtiti, possibly Griezmann if we sign him too. All three players are the ones he seemingly hangs around the most with and gets along the best with whenever they meet up with the French NT.

We are not getting him. He is now with PSG and everyone knows It's impossible to get player from there. Mbappe will be offered new contract in a year or few months, whatever and he will make more money, longer contract etc. It's never happening.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We are not getting him. He is now with PSG and everyone knows It's impossible to get player from there. Mbappe will be offered new contract in a year or few months, whatever and he will make more money, longer contract etc. It's never happening.

It totally depends on Mbappe's ambitions and what he want to do. They cannot force him to extend his contract and he doesn't seem to be the kind of person to stay committed to PSG for the rest of his career even if PSG start doing very well. Moving from PSG when he's 24 or 25 will be perfect for him so I think he'll play his cards right.

He's mentioned Barcelona and Real Madrid as interesting clubs in a few interviews before he joined PSG so I think he might be eyeing a move to Spain in the future. Cannot be absolutely certain, but I'd say there's a possibility of it happening.

And if you have the right people trying to sell him the idea of playing in Barcelona at a time when Messi will be 35 and 36 and possibly ready to call it a day.....why not?

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

So long as the club is regularly competing deep into the UCL, I'm almost certain he'll spend the majority if not all of his career in Paris.

JamDav1982

He will have more ambition than to spend career in France.

Decent enough move for him at this stage though as can continue to grow in more comfortable league and PSG are CL contenders in my opinion.

Jair Ventura

Like Coutinho had more ambition than to stay in the EPL?

Anyways, he's Parisian born and already beloved in France. The mania around will only increase if he performs well at the WC. So long as PSG's football is top level(eliminate RM from he UCL, for example), he'll stay.

serghei

He'd have to win the CL a lot of times to be considered one of the best players in the world, as nobody gives PSG credit for winning a league in which they compete with basically no one.

It's completely different in England and Spain, where there are many top 10 teams.

A top 10 atm would consist of Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Atletico, Chelsea, City, PSG, Juventus, United and Liverpool.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Like Coutinho had more ambition than to stay in the EPL?

Anyways, he's Parisian born and already beloved in France. The mania around will only increase if he performs well at the WC. So long as PSG's football is top level(eliminate RM from he UCL, for example), he'll stay.

Coutinho had ambition to play at Barca so yes similar in some ways but dont think it was anything to do with EPL.

He will get bored in France and want to test himself week in week out in a top league is my prediction.

Jair Ventura

He'd have to win the CL a lot of times to be considered one of the best players in the world, as nobody gives PSG credit for winning a league in which they compete with basically no one.

It's completely different in England and Spain, where there are many top 10 teams.

Buffon, Zlatan, Hazard, Kane, Oblak aren't or weren't considered some of the best players in the world? Stop chatting bs.

Jair Ventura

Coutinho had ambition to play at Barca so yes similar in some ways but dont think it was anything to do with EPL.

He will get bored in France and want to test himself week in week out in a top league is my prediction.

Hazard will also leave the EPL for Madrid. Famers league, sans City. Meanwhile:

Bondy gave Mbappe an early code: You respect others. You remain humble. And you love football. "A place like Bondy simply has values you keep wherever you go," Mbappe says. In the last five years, since he left to pursue his football dreams, this has been a city under repair, with many of the older housing complexes getting knocked down. There are construction workers hanging from structures all over, and they are building upward.

In early September, Mbappe returned to the site of a childhood pitch near his old school—"at the time, it was tar and sand and more holes," he says—to christen a renovated stadium. The locals, willing the area's rejuvenation into existence, call it Mbappe Field. Three posters near the upgraded pitch had, by the time B/R Mag visited nearly seven weeks later, been ripped off the walls. "Everyone wanted a piece of him," says a kid playing on the nouveau-camouflage pitch, despite the park being closed for the day.

"When I used to tell people I was from Bondy, they would ask about the violence and drug use," Ahmed says. "Now, they all ask me about Kylian Mbappe and if I know him."

The mural, which remains plastered over his former coach's building, put Mbappe in the company of French sporting royalty: The footwear-sponsored art installation is a distinction previously awarded only to Zidane himself. Now, a giant Mbappe overlooks the road connecting Bondy to the Peripherique, the large highway that joins the suburbs to Paris. (That passage, locals joke, requires a visa.) His hands are making the sign-language signal for "I love you," as a scroll unfurls behind his head.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2747750-the-boy-who-would-be-king

Jair Ventura

Not to the level that Mbappe wants to be probably. I think his ambitions are higher than that.

Higher than Gigi Buffon? Claiming that a player can only be considered one of the best in the world after he's won multiple UCL's is plainly false. There are many examples that contradict this statement.

JamDav1982

Yip Hazard will most likely want to head for Real and again that is not based on him being bored in EPL and wanting to test himself against the better sides week in week out as I think will be case with Mbappe.

Fairly simple to understand.

serghei

Higher than Gigi Buffon? Claiming that a player can only be considered one of the best in the world after he's won multiple UCL's is plainly false. There are many examples that contradict this statement.

Gigi Buffon has made multiple CL finals, won multiple Serie A titles with Juve, won the World Cup, played multiple Euro finals and such. He didn't spent his career in the 5th best league, but in a top 3 one, who at times was even the best league in the world or the 2nd best.

Home of Barca Fans