Kevin-Prince Boateng

Leo_Messi

Is this real life?

Barto should be forced to blow a dog in a ditch if this signing happens.

What a brilliant idea from the savvy and smooth B-Dog. Why haven't other teams did it yet. Madrid should shoot back at Barca by signing Lord Bendtner

Lord Bendtner would probably be more useful than KDP. An actual number 9/attacker for what it is worth. He would probably "fight" even more for the shirt when given the chance considering that he is currently serving a jail sentence at home (ankle monitor).:lol:

As I wrote earlier now everything make sense. I mean the club being able to keep our interest in KPB a "top" secret. Imagine the number of elite and top clubs that were fighting for his signature. We really did a scope here. Only €2 million as well. Money well spent. Let us ensure that our €40+ million signing Malcom plays as little as possible even when the club decides not to loan an actual striker but a 32 year old has-been turned into an attacker overnight.:lol: I can already see him leading our frontline if Suárez and/or Dembélé and other attackers are out.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Not really. There is a limit of how poor and washed up you can be for you to actually make a genuine difference even when you have won the lottery, in this case the equivalent of El Gordo. Paulinho is 100 times the player.

KPB is not a striker nor a goalscorer so I am struggling to see what he will provide. Can any sane person honestly tell me that they would trust him as a substitute for Suárez in a quarterfinal or semifinal leg in the CL? It is a complete waste of resources and money and takes minutes away from players with an actual future here.

Notwithstanding that there are numerous better options out there who would give one of their legs to join us. Tragicomical and shocking stuff but as I wrote he can only surprise and may my outburst be useful in terms of jinxing although I highly doubt so.

Really don't understand what your point about a Suarez substitute even is. As a club you didn't even have one in mind. Nobody cared about having a substitute striker for Suarez until El Flaco made the thread.

Suarez doesn't get injured and there's no striker that would be good-to-great and willing to stay glued to the bench for 60-70% of the matches without their dropping performances. Loans like this one are fairly perfect, because the person in question will either flop HARD coming in on a holiday and never be seen again, or they will be great because it's their only shot in Barcelona.

Paulinho 100 times the player :lol: What a load of balls. He tries hard and is in good shape. That's about anything anyone can ever expect from a guy whose shtick is hard work and fairly limited skillset.

KPB is fine. Striker market is dry. All you need is somebody to run, Dembele and Messi will be happy to oblige when you need somebody to score. Stop panicking.

Leo_Messi

Really don't understand what your point about a Suarez substitute even is. As a club you didn't even have one in mind. Nobody cared about having a substitute striker for Suarez until El Flaco made the thread.

Suarez doesn't get injured and there's no striker that would be good-to-great and willing to stay glued to the bench for 60-70% of the matches without their dropping performances. Loans like this one are fairly perfect, because the person in question will either flop HARD coming in on a holiday and never be seen again, or they will be great because it's their only shot in Barcelona.

Paulinho 100 times the player :lol: What a load of balls. He tries hard and is in good shape. That's about anything anyone can ever expect from a guy whose shtick is hard work and fairly limited skillset.

KPB is fine. Striker market is dry. All you need is somebody to run, Dembele and Messi will be happy to oblige when you need somebody to score. Stop panicking.

Talking to the wrong person here. I have no idea of that thread whatsoever nor does it matter the slighest. The club just offloaded (sold) Munir who took Paco's place as Suárez substitute this season. This meant that a replacement was needed. Valverde demanded such an replacement and the board agreed. Not sure what that has to do with some thread on this forum.

As for me, I have been quite vocal of the necessity for a potenital Suárez substitute. I mentioned numerous names. Also the player profile. I mentioned the necessity to have a "Llorente type of attacker" who could add another dimension to the team when nothing else works. Something that I know that many fans have called for, for years when we had problems breaking down defenses (Atlético, Juve etc.) in the CL and struggling with creating chances when at times we could have flooded the penalty box with crosses much like RM has been doing with great success in the past few years in the CL. Without that tactic, you would not have won at least half of those 4 CL trophies. The last name that I had in my mind was KPB.

Does not matter. Suárez is 32 years old, has chronic or near-constant knee problems or pains and can no longer play in every single game. We are an injury to him away from being in big trouble in the CL, not that Suárez has been a great goalscorer in that tournament in recent years. His stats alone tell the entire story.

Eh, it was always going to be a loan so not sure what your point is here?

Not a load of balls. Paulinho was signed for a specific role and he did his job. Paulinho was a starter for freaking Brazil when we bought him. KDP has not been a serious footballer since he left AC Milan ages ago. To even compare them is a joke. Not to even mention the fact that KDP is not a striker. Let's begin with this crucial fact. We are loaning a player (for €2 million euro reportedly) that is not the right profile to begin with. How messed up is that?

I am not panicking as he will add nothing nor destroy much. At most take minutes away from Malcom who has no future at this club anyway as long as Valverde is the manager. I am just having a good time seeing how low even this chronically incompetent board has sunk. If I was on a RM forum and RM made a signing like this, I would be the first one to "praise" or to try to rationalize it as well. Believe me.:lol:

Last edited:

serghei

I like his spirit. To be honest, that's what you need most coming from the bench. Dangers of Arda though, but it cost us very little money.

El Gato

Villarato!

You are panicking. Or outraged. Whichever. Spitting out walls of text to no end. No need to get all emotional. Just smile, nod, KPB will be gone by summer at the latest. In the mean time he will do some running for you.

Nobody cared about having a Munir replacement. Nobody. No one out there on the market is capable of being a useful alternative to Suarez. You're only left with the likes of KPB, El Sharaawy or someone bang average like Bacca. Market is shite.

Embrace the times.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

He is replacing Munir, ffs. He will surely do better than him. I'm willing to give him a chance, as the alternatives aren't better, imo (Llorente, Morata, Vela).

We need someone who will accept the bench. Who is out there with that profile who is also cheap and no long-term commitment. But of course Barca-forum wants Arnáiz back instead because he is part (1/1000) La Masia-player..

gregorrin10

Maybe not the most exciting but don't really see what there is to lose? He's a decent player, showed that wherever he'd been and he adds an option. The club clearly doesn't have the money to be throwing about so a loan deal is perfect and won't cost the earth. I wish my main club Aston Villa could turn their noses up at KPB...

Comparing Barca to Aston Villa about doing the same thing. I think you just answered your own question right there. Even if it's a short term loan, we're Barca for god's sake, we could do a whole hell of a lot better, i imagine many great strikers out there would love to get a chance to play for Barca, even if it's only for 6 months. And yeah, actually a real striker, target man, not someone, who's played there only for 2 years of his 10+ year career. Just from the top of my head i can say Giroud, Mandžukić, hell even Morata would be better, at least he's a true striker. Heck, even from La Liga, i can think of a few players, if we wanted someone with La Liga experience. Or how about trying Malcom up front, it's not like he doesn't need the minutes! I would actually prefer the latter option. Now Malcom won't even make it to the bench, cause EV will have a hard on sending KPB into matches for the last 5 minutes every game. Congrats!

Last edited:

tacticvarium

I like his spirit. To be honest, that's what you need most coming from the bench. Dangers of Arda though, but it cost us very little money.

Does he still have that legs to provide additional energy from the bench? Haven't followed him for years so not sure about his recent performance. The only thing that worries me is that he is not a #9 who can perform like Larsson did.

BarcaVillain

Aston Villa is my main club too! And we could definitely do with Boateng now.

Good lad. We could do with a lot more than Boateng, especially defensively. Can't expect to have to score 3 every week just to win a game. Thats for another forum though. UTV!

Cule4life

The Culest
The fuck people are rationalizing this signing? I have been gone a day and the whole place has gone to shit.

Lord Bendtner would be better cos he's an actual striker and he's under house arrest.

Leo_Messi

You are panicking. Or outraged. Whichever. No need to get all emotional. Just smile, nod, KPB will be gone by summer at the latest. In the mean time he will do some running for you.

Nobody cared about having a Munir replacement. Nobody. No one out there on the market is capable of being a useful alternative to Suarez. You're only left with the likes of KPB, El Sharaawy or someone bang average like Bacca. Market is shite.

Embrace the times.

Outraged is more like it and disappointed. Or actually more bewildered if anything that the board can step this low once again and not do better than this. The whole situation with Munir was handled very poorly as well and we lost at least €10 million on their stupidity for not selling Munir this summer when there were suitors.

On top of my head; Llorente, Morata, Bakambu, Falcao, Giroud, Vela, Ighalo, Sturrridge etc.

It's called a shock move for a reason. I am not alone in my amazement and I consider it as a bad joke to try to rationalize this transfer. If it was such a rational transfer, we would have several users here and elsewhere on social media be talking about KPB. In fact I am completely convinced that 99,9% of all users here did not know where he played before today.

Also you have not yet realized that he is not a striker (number 9). Him playing that position for a pathetically bad Las Palmas for 1 season that were relegated and occasional games for Sassuolo is not going to change this reality. We don't need a new supposed "workhorse" either. We have a real and elite one in Vidal.

I mean if KPB is the answer, I would have preferred the club not to loan anyone and just helped ensure that Valverde would actually use Malcom. That or give Mújica or Ruiz those garbage minutes. Not those half-arsed and absurd solutions where you are throwing money away even though we are talking about a relatively small loan fee here and likely getting very little for that amount of money and the minutes that you are allocating to said player which in turn means that the likes of Malcom etc. who might/could have a future at the club and who have a much higher celling, are further left to rot and their value further decreases.

Sorry, I can't spot the "genius" here but it is a natural reaction for most users here to hope for the best and try to rationalize this transfer regardless of how absurd it is etc. However I am tired of trying to rationalize absurd transfers and dealings of this board. I mean, as I wrote initially, he can only surprise me but I am not betting on it.

What better way to announce to the world you have no money than loaning Kevin-Prince Boateng from Sassualo.

To think this guy is going to keep Malcom out of the squad.

I'm going to put on my Valverde mask on (yes, I actually have one) and think of the reason's Valverde signed the Prince.

a) Paulinho withdrawal symptoms, that sexiness of arriving from the second line and clumsily fumbling in yet another goal
b) He is so pissed about Pique going in attack against his wishes that he signed Kevin-Prince Boateng to perform that role.
c) Passive-Aggresively hates Malcom.

Here are Boateng's last 5 transfers.

2015 -> Free Agent -> AC Milan
2016 -> Free Transfer -> Las Palmas
2017 -> Free Transfer -> Frankfurt
2018 -> Free Transfer -> Sassualo
2019 -> 2million 6 month loan -> FC Barcelona

:valverde:

:lol:

Thanks for proving my point mate. Shocking and hilarious stuff.

Last edited:

Don Andrésº8

Never Saw more retard transfer than this one, boateng is awful as a player and even worse for the dressing room, he Will not be happy for not playing and then what???!!! Barto hás Lost it

Porque

Mbaye Diagne. 20 goals in 17 games so far in the Turkish league.
Fran Sol. 13 goals in 17 games in Eredivisie. Signed for Dynamo Kiev for just over 3million.

Not saying the above are any good. But when we're signing KPB then they seem like Maradona :lol:

I guess we have absolutely nothing to spend. But how do we go from the profile of Morata to Carlos Vela to KPB. That's three completely different striker profiles, with two not even a strikers.

When the Ighalo interest broke, we were all shocked at how bad the link was. But he would have been a much better option.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Outraged is more like it and disappointed. Or actually more bewildered if anything that the board can step this low once again and not do better than this. The whole situation with Munir was handled very poorly as well and we lost at least €10 million on their stupidity for not selling Munir this summer when there were suitors.
You made money on Munir. That's a success in itself.

On top of my head; Llorente, Morata, Bakambu, Falcao, Giroud, Vela, Ighalo, Sturrridge etc.
What is this, 'name a striker' contest? Don't know what you expect here. 30+ year olds are a shit import policy in general. They don't like to move unless it's a step up in wages. None of the oldies mentioned here would want to take a paycut on their last ever big contract to be a reserve option for Suarez. Sturridge :lol: Not sure if he even knows how to say "ouch my calf" in Catalan!

Also you have not yet realized that he is not a striker (number 9). Him playing that position for a pathetically bad Las Palmas for 1 season that were relegated and occasional games for Sassuolo is not going to change this reality. We don't need a new supposed "workhorse" either. We have a real and elite one in Vidal.
Who cares? Everyone and their mother sucked when at Las Palmas. It's what happens when you play for a bottom feeder club with no future. Dude was just chilling in the sun. Now his reaction is basically the same as yours - bewilderment that somebody could actually care about his talent. That makes players improve their work ethic and do better than anyone expects of them. He will be fine.

That or give Mújica or Ruiz those garbage minutes.
They're obviously pretty shit. If you want someone to just be the inexistent 11th man then might as well have them battle a bit. I.e. Paulinho or KPB.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans