Kevin De Bruyne

Mitchell1978

we also saw the "real Ben Arfa" this season, yeah, what's your point though?This seems really weird, not that you actually find Hazard to be better - maybe there are some people who still share that opinion -, but that you're really going that much into exageration to desperately get that point straight. Maybe you weren't serious about it, but I can't really believe that you are actually convinced by that when you're implying that there is no actual competition between them. From my impression De Bruyne was carrying Hazard in the nationalteam for quite 3 years already

Indeed De Bruyne has consistenly been better for the National Team then Hazard for years now.

Co0ter

He was very, very bad today. Didn't do a damn thing right the entire game. Only Yaya was worse, and that's because the three times he passed the ball...it was to the other team and just walked around the rest of the time.

Indeed De Bruyne has consistenly been better for the National Team then Hazard for years now.

No he hasn't. He gets a goal/assist and people think he's World Class.

Hazard is the one that runs games for them.

[youtube]v52JQsUIdZc[/youtube]

Look at this game for example. Hazard started pretty much every single attack that night but De Bruyne drew the headlines because of a goal after spending the entire game barely visible. He barely participates in build up play.

Eden Hazard has been consistent since he was a teenager but if you want to judge him solely on this season then fair play. When he's fit, in form & fully motivated it's a no contest between the two of them. I don't care about the stats or whatever when I watch how he took apart Tottenham the other day and how Chelsea feed off him I think this year was an anomaly.

Let's revisit this debate when the Euros begin. No doubt Hazard will the be the one running games again.

Post a performance where De Bruyne is running games like Isco/Modric/Kroos did tonight or Hazard in that video I posted & I'll shut up forever.

Morten

Post a performance where De Bruyne is running games like Isco/Modric/Kroos did tonight or Hazard in that video I posted & I'll shut up forever.

Perhaps KdB doesnt run games, but then, neither does Øzil. They are players who makes things happen in the final third. Running a game but less end product isnt necessarily better or worse, it depends on what your team needs/wants.

Falcao

Nonsense, apart from the odd game here and there, Hazard usually underperforms for Belgium while it is usually De Bruyne who makes the difference.

Yeah De Bruyne and then Fellaini have been Belgium's best 2 attacking players.

Lukaku, Benteke, Hazard and others often go missing.

Last edited:
Nonsense, apart from the odd game here and there, Hazard usually underperforms for Belgium while it is usually De Bruyne who makes the difference.

Nonsense. Hazard's the one dragging defenders out of position & creating space for attackers. The play almost always goes through him.

He literally has 6 goals in his last 9 games. He's been great since the World Cup ended. When Belgium put 4 past France last summer. De Bruyne didn't even play and Hazard ran the show as usual. So to claim he NEVER perform is absurd. Even in the World Cup where Hazard was poor he was still the one who created Belgium's two game winning goals against Algeria & Russia.

My wife is Belgian and a huge Rode Duivels fan so I watch pretty much all their games.

Last edited:
Yeah De Bruyne and then Fellaini have been Belgium's best 2 attacking players.

Lukaku, Benteke, Hazard and others often go missing.

Fellaini lol. Most dont even want him on the plane to France but he's better than Hazard? Okay then, done with this thread.

Falcao

Fellaini lol. Most dont even want him on the plane to France but he's better than Hazard? Okay then, done with this thread.

I didn't say he's better but he rarely goes missing, unlike Hazard.

And rightly or wrongly Fellaini has been important to them, just watch their games over the past few years. Wilmots should be doing better with the talent he has at his disposal but some of the Belgian players should also look at themselves.

Yannik

I'm not watching Blegium that much but I've also heard multiple times that Fellaini has been Belgiums 2nd best player over the course of the last 4 years. And the best has been well, De Bruyne. I was able to approve that when I watched the WC and I did watch basically every match there. The rest were the typical case of "talented but totally underwhelming". Keep in mind that Fellaini was also a solid player at Everton and for Belgium in that time, he's only shit for United.

Acer

Again, very good player but he's not even the best Belgian in the Premier League. Hazard is miles ahead of him & it isn't close. He's the definition of a highlight player, gets alot of goals/assists but barely impacts games outside of the final 3rd.

Not a great dribbler, can't dictate games & isn't a great goalscorer.
Hazard is instead a you tube player who made a lot of dribblers but his impact in the games is not that great. He was never been able to make the differenze againts a top team in UCl.

J

Jamie Cal

Don't think anyone is performing too well for Belgium. They had a woeful qualifying group and still struggled, even Israel had like 12 points. I watched Bosnia, who finished 3rd in their group, against Ireland and they were terrible. International football as a whole is so boring right now.

BarçaBarça

Such a natural talent, and really a beast in the Manchester Derby. Clearly showed that he is way more quality than the WR-transfer at the other team.

Home of Barca Fans