Kevin De Bruyne

Jair Ventura

Eh, I don't think De Bruyne is as good as his statistics suggest while Sterling is the most overrated player in the world. City will win the premier league but I suspect they'll still struggle in Europe. Neither their fullbacks nor their midfield are imposing imo.

Alarcón

With all due respect to De Bruyne, he is not worth 80 million. He was voted best player in the Bundesliga last season yes, but that does not mean he is the best player. I could name 50 players worldwide who are better than him, easy.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Yeah I don't see Chelsea beating City to the title any more. We'd have to spend close to £100m on Pogba and a defender(Stones bid is over I believe) just to compete, unless our team completely clicks and we are fee of injuries for most of the season.

After 3 games played? Your squad is stacked. If any manager is not able to compete with that team he is shit.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
My opinion comes down to our form in general this year. We haven't really played well all year long, even though we did grind out a lot of results which lead us to the title, we also had Eden in top top form. If our team can hit good form we can push City but it'll be difficult, as we seem to have more players out of form than in form these days. Cesc is a weakness too, and Ramires can't really cut it any more.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I think you cannot compete last season's form to the new season.

And I would not say you are in such a bad form. In the 1st game Courtois had a rare blunder, got sent off and you were not able to win. Shit happens but at least you did not lose the game despite playing with 10 men for an entire half.
In the 2nd game you got hammered by a good team that has lots of momentum right now. City is on a roll and you got some issues, results like that happen at the beginning of a season.
You won the 3rd game and a new important signing has managed to play an important role from his first start.

One convincing win with a solid defensive performance and Chelsea would be back on track. Do not know why you are so pessimistic and calling players like Cesc a weakness. He can dominate against 90% of teams easily.
In general there should not be any excuse if you do not manage to fight for the title until the last moment.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Costa will hit form, I don't have any worries about that, the worry with him is more injuries than anything. More than anybody Oscar needs to hit form, be more consistent and strike up a good partnership with Pedro and Hazard, if he does those 3 could terrorise defences. I think whether or not he steps up this season will mean the difference between us winning the title or not, simply because while Pedro is very good, I think we need all 3 of our AMs/wingers to hit form for a good title push, as opposition teams have wised up to us and know if they shut Hazard down they can shut the entire attack down. Pedro will help take the focus off Hazard to an extent but all 3 guys firing and Costa on form should see us push hard for the title. Willian doesn't cut it as anything but a workhorse and our other AMs are too young while it seems Moses will probably leave too. The problem with Oscar is he drops off even worse than Cesc would for Barca after December, it's like having 1 less guy on the field sometimes, and Willian just isn't creative enough to play as an AMC.

Anyway, this is the De Bruyne thread I'll stop there. Sounds like the deal is done, let's see how he fits in.

Mitchell1978

its full of bullshit

“If you have a player knocking on your door and crying every day he wants to leave, you have to make a decision,”

That never happened, De Bruyne has said in interviews that he never talked about it with Mourinho untill the very end when he asked to leave.

The truth is that KDB was dropped for no apparent reason, the only thing thats true is that KDB isn't the hardest worker in training (same thing when he was in Germany) but he is one of the hardest workers in a game. If KDB had cost Chelsea 40 million like Hazard he would have had a lot more chances.

Last edited:

S7_MUFC

Biased and full of bullshit

That never happened, De Bruyne has said in interviews that he never talked about it with Mourinho untill the very end when he asked to leave.

The truth is that KDB was dropped for no apparent reason, the only think thats true is that KDB isn't the hardest worker in training (same thing when he was in Germany) but he is one of the hardest workers in a game. If KDB had cost Chelsea 40 million like Hazard he would have had a lot more chances.

KDB was signed as part of Chelsea's buy cheap, develop and sell policy they are doing so he never stood a chance..

KDB was signed as part of Chelsea's buy cheap, develop and sell policy they are doing so he never stood a chance..

not only that

MouRinho only wants full developed players, he doesn't care about youth
KDB doesn't like the bench
U can't bench an 80 million player but i don't know if he's that much better than navas, silva or aguero.

still think it's a stupid move, Manchester needs to take care of their midfield/Defence

Morten

I know its a different club this time(barely), would be so keen on returning to the same league so soon after his first failure. The failure might or might not have been his fault, but a failure nontheless.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Lol De Bruyne is prone to hissy fits, I've even spoken to German fans who know what's going on over there who have said he does it at Wolfburg, the difference is he's managed a lot better there, probably because he's important so they care more, he's not just another player, while Mou doesn't take shit like that. Why keep a guy who will potentially disrupt team harmony? Makes perfest sense why he wants to avoid Mou like the plague, and why he played so shit after he was dropped. Mou really liked him to begin with and wanted to use him, if he was just another kid we always planned to sell he wouldn't have even started once in the EPL, but he actually got a chance and Mou wasn't happy. I've read stories about him several times from various sources as well as people from Germany during his time at Wolfsburg, it's not bias or bullshit, it's just the truth. He had a chance here, he let his head drop cause he's weak, simple. He won't have that issue at City cause he won't be dropped since he's so expensive and you don't pay that much and drop a player. That, and he's probably more mature now so he won't cry if he does perform badly and is somehow dropped. I think he'll be a success there.

Last edited:

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Ridiculous transfer fee, but this is the EPL after all. City will dominate england and underwhelm in europe again.
His transfer is more the bundesliga's loss than city's gain

S7_MUFC

not only that

MouRinho only wants full developed players, he doesn't care about youth
KDB doesn't like the bench
U can't bench an 80 million player but i don't know if he's that much better than navas, silva or aguero.

still think it's a stupid move, Manchester needs to take care of their midfield/Defence
If he's as good as those two than even 54 million is a bargain..He's definitely better than Navas because he's absolute crap..

Home of Barca Fans