Karim Benzema

El Flaco

Quotes from Valbuena himself about the sex-tape affair in an exclusive interview to French daily, Le Monde

I can’t defend the indefensible. I wouldn’t have done this to my wortst enemy

Valbuena confirmed that the Benzema tried to act as a go-between between Valbuena and Zenati

"In the first discussions, I said to Karim: Did you see that, Cissé had a similar situation in 2008'. And he replied: 'And what, he paid up?'. I replied: 'Yes, he paid up'. He answered: 'So did the video go public?'. I told him that it didn’t. He told me on more than one occasion that blackmailers were thugs and he replied: The video is hot. I know what I would do with a family and everything… one has to be strong'. He also told me: 'If you don’t want them to go with the video, I can introduce you to my friend'. I am really disappointed. At the end of the conversation, Benzema asked me: 'What do I do? Do I give them your number? Will I give you theirs?'

Valbuena was annoyed when the discussion arose between Benzema and his friend Zenati

“I was disappointed, really disappointed. His words show a lack of respect. I respect everyone, but this story portrays me as a fool. He concluded: “I am only really, really disappointed and I now realize that my relationship with Karim (Benzema) was not as genuine as he would have had me believe”.

Source

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Of course he woud, here is a picture of him hanging out with Badr and Ronaldo.

0e97c79521a716e656f5d13da6bfe7f7.jpg

Al your options are worse than Benzema though.

When Benzema came to Madrid he was also a prospect and he was struggling and being benched for a long time. I wouldn't call Lacazette or Aubameyang worse than Benzema and Reus could work too(especially with position swaps). Not to mention that players like Morata,Kane,Embolo or Bats could end up better than Benzema. We can't afford our new CF to be someone with huge ego. That's why it's better to get somebody who's younger and willing to assist Ronaldo and Bale like Benz did.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
When Benzema came to Madrid he was also a prospect and he was struggling and being benched for a long time. I wouldn't call Lacazette or Aubameyang worse than Benzema and Reus could work too(especially with position swaps). Not to mention that players like Morata,Kane,Embolo or Bats could end up better than Benzema. We can't afford our new CF to be someone with huge ego. That's why it's better to get somebody who's younger and willing to assist Ronaldo and Bale like Benz did.
How long did it take for him to actually help you guys win some thing?

You never bring a prospect to be your main striker!

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Benzema look to be guilty and his reputation is tarnished. It's better for Florentino to get rid of his bad son because it can hurt RM's reputation. Lacazette and Aubameyang seem like viable options. There's also the option of getting somebody like Reus and playing him as CF or simply moving Bale/Ronaldo to CF and getting a winger. There are countless of options and I think if proven guilty that Benzema will be shipped out to EPL or something. There's also Morata,Kane,some younger prospects like Embolo and Bats etc.

Good luck selling him if he's found guilty

t'was the first time he talked in public in all those weeks. Valbuena listened to the files himself like ten days ago

Benzema is done with the NT

silvia

Seems a bit odd that Valbuena would talk about the case in public before it goes to court. You'd expect the lawyers to advise otherwise ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34941410

Valbuena doesn't even need a lawyer nor have to testify. He participated this case as a civil party to know the truth and didn't sue Benzema yet.
Plus, Valbuena must be furious at Benzema now, he literally 'volunteered' to play the middleman when Nasri offered too.
if Benzema admitted he did serious wrong and begged for forgiveness at first situation had been a little different, but he played otherwise and mocked Valbuena at the back so....

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
t'was the first time he talked in public in all those weeks. Valbuena listened to the files himself like ten days ago

Benzema is done with the NT

You sure about that? For some reason I won't be surprised if they stick with Benzema while Valbuena is frozen out from the French NT.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
You sure about that? For some reason I won't be surprised if they stick with Benzema while Valbuena is frozen out from the French NT.

Deschamps would put himself in a very very bad position, a lot of frenchies hate Benzema, don't even consider him good (same criticism he gets from a lot of RM fans), add to that his political incidents (doesn't sing the antheam, recently spat during it in el Clasico, he's arab wich shouldn't count but does, etc ..) .. and he's the fucking culprit in this, Valbuena is the victim, the only reason the media are being soft with Benzema is because of Madrid, if it was a random french player (say Cissé or anyone else) Vs Valbuena they would have destroyed him and dragged his name in the mud before even being sure, now with Karim everyone is playing "cautious" (let's wait till it's proven bla bla bla)... bullshit.

It's either Benzema out or both Out, no way Benzema is staying and Valbuena gets locked because of this.

A very remote possibility would be that both stay... but, paye ton ambiance as you'd say in french :D

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Deschamps would put himself in a very very bad position, a lot of frenchies hate Benzema, don't even consider him good (same criticism he gets from a lot of RM fans), add to that his political incidents (doesn't sing the antheam, recently spat during it in el Clasico, he's arab wich shouldn't count but does, etc ..) .. and he's the fucking culprit in this, Valbuena is the victim, the only reason the media are being soft with Benzema is because of Madrid, if it was a random french player (say Cissé or anyone else) Vs Valbuena they would have destroyed him and dragged his name in the mud before even being sure, now with Karim everyone is playing "cautious" (let's wait till it's proven bla bla bla)... bullshit.

It's either Benzema out or both Out, no way Benzema is staying and Valbuena gets locked because of this.

A very remote possibility would be that both stay... but, paye ton ambiance as you'd say in french :D

Best decision would be kicking Benzema out of the NT. Would be really harsh if Valbuena is kicked out too or if Benzema is allowed to continue as well.

Don't know about the anthemn thing. Don't consider it a crime if a player doesn't sing, although spitting is idiotic. Not sure where the tolerance level lies among the French public these days, but they've had players who weren't "totally French" like Zidane and Desailly. Benzema's case might be more related to him being dumb as hell along with being Arab than being Arab itself.

He had that underage prostitute thing with Ribery in the past and is generally not the sharpest tool in the shed....

Btw, talking about Cisse. It seems like he did nothing at all except warning Valbuena and telling him of a similar experience he faced himself?

Media was making it out to be like he was a part of it all.

Last edited:

CuleLife4Life

Benzema may be kicked out of the French team because it looks bad but Valbuena has been very vocal that the FFF have NOT supported him at all the way they have Benzema. Even last month, Benzema wasn't called up because of injury while Valbuena just wasn't called up. If they had to choose between the 2 without their being outrage, Valbuena stands no chance against Benzema.

Its true Karim has had problems in the past with the public because of his speculation to commitment of France. He is the child of immigrants and most of them usually play for France because its a better option than their ethnic countries( same way Catalan players feel Catalan but play for Spain). He has also said this in an interview a few years back.

The Madrid media is seriously still treating the whole thing as if its an attack against Benzema but the rest of Europe is looking at him in disgust. Very idiotic of him. There is no way he will be found not guilty but he probably won't do jail time.

I'm very, very curious to see if Madrid keep him. Realistically, there are no world class strikers available right now like Lewandowski or Aguero. Plus on his day, Benzema can be a very good player when not injured or worried about compeition. Do they stick with a convicted criminal?

Home of Barca Fans