Kai Havertz

Riordon

The scouts, the article says, were also worried about his lack of pressing and defensive work in general. And that’s my feeling about him too.

We should not get another striker, let alone midfielder who needs to be compensated defensively.

Ziyech is my choice for the third midfield position.

mc_lovin

Do I disagree? You tell me.

I don’t really mind. Maybe you’re correct. I personally don’t like assuming stances that lead to ‘one true way’ of footie. Which profiling players often is.

You are right. Players should be rated individually, but certain profiles are nice to have. But nothing more than a consideration. Its not like every small midfielder is like Iniesta and every big guy another Andre Gomes.

That being said, I dont get the Havertz hype at this point.

Laplacian

It makes sense because we need someone attacking in the midfield next to De Jong and Arthur, and he is the most talented prospect right now with that arsenal. I'm just worried about his height, Gomes is the same height and he looked impressive before he was put in a midfield where he was expected to replace Iniesta, so not too confident on these tall guys in such position.

You'd be worried if laudrup or zidane were available?

Rory

2 goals and 1 assist in bundesliga, 0 goals and assists in champions league. I haven't watched him much so can't comment to how good he looks but are these numbers reflective of how good he is? If not then why is he not contributing more to G+A. I'd wait before throwing another €100m at an unproven player.

These numbers perfectly reflecting his actual season..he has been terrible and if his performances wont improve dramatically, then Leverkusen can say good bye too 100m+

MTL_Barca

2 goals and 1 assist in bundesliga, 0 goals and assists in champions league. I haven't watched him much so can't comment to how good he looks but are these numbers reflective of how good he is? If not then why is he not contributing more to G+A. I'd wait before throwing another €100m at an unproven player.

Yeah the numbers are a good indicator in this case, he doesn't have a very good season this far.

Riordon

News about we are interested again. I think he right now is the closest young player out there compared to Lampard/Gerrrard IMO. He is a great space invader and showed this season he can create from deep aswell.

Still worried about his work rate, athleticism though. If those are in check he could be great in our midfield.

Riordon

Hes not a midfielder. I cant stress that enough, hes another Ozil, James, Odegaard, Coutinho...

Yeah basically a 10, I wouldn?t mind a 10 till when Messi retires. Right now I agree though, it may be difficult to fit a 10 unless they can work hard and are athletic. I need to see more of Havertz to judge that.

Messi983

Yeah, he's not what we need right now but if we can get him for 50-60m after this corona crisis I'd prefer him over some other names recently linked to us. There is no way I'd pay close to 100m or whatever his previously rumoured price was though. Still think we should (and are) looking for a different profile of midfielder but if we'd go for an offensive midfielder my target would be Aouar who I think would easier adapt playing in a 3-man midfield.

Also, when Messi leaves I believe Pedri should be ready to take over as an AMC and that's another reason why I wouldn't spend big money on an AMC before we see what we have in him.

Messi983

I'm talking about 2-3 years from now. He's the one of our younger midfielders who I have the highest expectations for. Both Alena and Puig are imo very overrated by La Masia "lovers" (I think Collado will have a better career than both of them but don't think he'll stay here longterm either; I also like Ilaix because he's different than our usual midfielders but we'll see if/how he'll establish himself at Barca B next season before making any projections about his potential first-team future) but I believe Pedri is for real. He still needs to learn a lot but he's a very mature player for his age. Now we just need to make the best decision for him to fully develop his potential. I still think loaning him to a team like Sociedad or Betis next year is the best option but if Setien will decide to keep him after a preseason then he needs to give him minutes.

Home of Barca Fans