Joshua Kimmich

vuji_31

Difference between us and Madrid is that they pay 100+ mil for Bellingham and we pay 80mil for 29 years old Kimmich.

fergus90

Difference between us and Madrid is that they pay 100+ mil for Bellingham and we pay 80mil for 29 years old Kimmich.
I rate Bellingham very highly but he’s not a 100million pound player.

Bayern will never sell Kimmich either. I think Xavi insists on Zubimendi and he’s the most realistic.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I rate Bellingham very highly but he’s not a 100million pound player.

Bayern will never sell Kimmich either. I think Xavi insists on Zubimendi and he’s the most realistic.

IMO it's a very high chance we don't end up with Zubimendi either even if we agree to pay his 60m buyout clause. He's been pretty consistent about wanting to stay with them and play CL for them.

In that case I hope we just do a Kessie-Brozovic swap or something and look at our options next summer. Rather that than spending money on an average player or some mediocre player Xavi rates.

IMO it's a very high chance we don't end up with Zubimendi either even if we agree to pay his 60m buyout clause. He's been pretty consistent about wanting to stay with them and play CL for them.

In that case I hope we just do a Kessie-Brozovic swap or something and look at our options next summer. Rather that than spending money on an average player or some mediocre player Xavi rates.
Barca's transfers last 10 years ruined the club.

JamDav1982

This is Frenkie's 4th season.
He came here as the future best midfielder in the world, the savior of football, the savior of Barca, the most perfect TikiTaka addition.
Yet, even in his 4th season, 90% of fans had no clue what is his best position in our team.

So, it is hard to say that Frenkie has ever clicked, especially not in his early days.

If Brozovic is anything more than 15m, pass.
For that money, we should stick with combinations with Gavi or Nico.

About Kimmich, I haven't read al, the posts.
What is his rumored price?
Anything more than 30m is the new version of Arda and Griezmann, retirement home/the last big check.

Yes his 4th season and was voted player of year in 2nd and been best mid in league this season... stop trying to compare him to likes of Kessie or Coutinho.

FDJ been best mid since arrived and been a very good signing.

His best position is clear to anyone with half a brain.

Best player in team.

Yet Kessie was the one you and others proclaimed the saviour and exactly the player Barca need... and he so far off FDJ it is frightening. He was going to be best mid at Barca... better than Pedri/FDJ etc... aye that one went well.

You as usual moan about the players then dont mention any credible alterntatives and just say.. 'dont sign anyone'.

Last edited:

Porque

Zubi in Jan after Sociedad are out of the CL perhaps, Xavi to go with whatever he has until then.

fergus90

I wouldn’t mind Brozovic at all for a couple seasons. I’d much prefer him to Zubimendi but fair play on his behalf if he does want to stay at Sociedad to play CL football with them.

ajnotkeith

Brozovic is a good fit for Xavi, if he wants to come, we are probably getting him.

He is probably the most similar to Busquets available in terms of effect on the team and also is very physically capable, amazing stamina (think he set some records for distance covered recently).
Use him for a year or two then go for Rice (if he hasn't already moved) or another big gun on the market.

BBZ8800

Brozovic is a good fit for Xavi, if he wants to come, we are probably getting him.

He is probably the most similar to Busquets available in terms of effect on the team and also is very physically capable, amazing stamina (think he set some records for distance covered recently).
Use him for a year or two then go for Rice (if he hasn't already moved) or another big gun on the market.

Brozovic might experience the same fate as others, similar players who don't have Barca DNA.

Like Rakitic, Vidal, Kessie, Gomes, Paulinho, Arda etc.

People here hated Rakitic and called him as the worst midfielder who has ever played for Barca, yet Rakitic is like Xavi compared to Brozovic's skills.
Brozovic can run a lot, he is good at defending, he can play some possession/forward passes, but in general he is a very negative-minded footballer (in terms: he will rather play a backpass than try something risky).
And he often makes costly mistakes and is always on a verge of making a red card/penalty/deadly backpass mistake.
They call him a ticking-bomb in Croatia's locker-room.
Plus, he often has that Pedri's: I don't care, I am bored attitude, but even in a stronger way.

I mean, I like him, he is from my country.
But again, if people hated Raki and Vidal who are 100 levels above him, it is reasonable to question Brozo's fate here.

Brozovic is a good team player (something like any Atletico Madrid player under Simeone) where they all look good if the whole team is good.
In that sense, Brozovic looked good as a part of midfield in 2018 with Modric and Rakitic where those two were playmakers and he was "the 3rd guy" following the flow and brains of these two.
When Rakitic retired from Croatia and when Kovacic stepped in, Croatia's midfield dominance was way weaker on Euro 2021 and WC 2022'.

At Barca, where Pedri will be a playmaker and where Frenkie has questionable playmaking skills (regardless of what JamDav says), Brozovic might run into the same problems as in Croatia's midfield from 2022' with Modric and Kovacic, and you could argue that Modric and Kovacic are way more creative than Pedri-Frenkie combo.
So, a potential midfield of Brozovic-Frenkie-Pedri might be pretty boring and uninspiring, outside of Pedri.
But, if Messi comes back, that is a different story.
Then Messi-Pedri are playmakers and in that case you need Frenkie-Brozo duo to cover for Messi's lack of running, just like in Argentina's WC winning team from 2022'.

In short:
If Messi returns, Brozo will be a babysitter for Messi witout too much creative input.
But if Messi won't return, then be prepared for a disappointment in Brozo-Frenkie-Pedri anti-Barca midfield.

mc_lovin

Brozovic might experience the same fate as others, similar players who don't have Barca DNA.

Like Rakitic, Vidal, Kessie, Gomes, Paulinho, Arda etc.

People here hated Rakitic and called him as the worst midfielder who has ever played for Barca, yet Rakitic is like Xavi compared to Brozovic's skills.
STOPPED READING HERE

Please, people only hated the washed up version of Rakitic.

Also (old) Vidal, Kessie, Gomes (!!!) and mentally checked out Arda were never Barca quality, nothing to do with Barca DNA.

And leave Paulinho alone ffs. His stint was great (like Auba's).

Home of Barca Fans