Josep Maria Bartomeu

JamDav1982

Paulinho might prove useful. Fact is, though, that we overpaid for a backup and that he's 29. As written before, our board probably pushed for him because of connections Bartomeu company has in China.

It's a rotten deal from the looks of it but you are right, he might turn out good.

Paulinho deal is on the bottom of the list people have been complaining about since Bartomeu took charge anyway.

It has already been said there are no business deals between Barto and owners of Chinese club. It was completely made up.

Fuck knows maybe the deal could be dodgy in some other way but not th way has been made out. Which didn't make any sense on Chinese side anyway.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
It has already been said there are no business deals between Barto and owners of Chinese club. It was completely made up.

Fuck knows maybe the deal could be dodgy in some other way but not th way has been made out. Which didn't make any sense on Chinese side anyway.

Who said ? Barto? the club? Chinese owners? :lol:

JamDav1982

The apologies made for publishing those lies who said it was easily corroborated as being untrue.

No doubt there will be some more lies to explain that though.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So, best scenario and explanation for Bartomeu and his minions signing Paulinho is that they are stupid. But that wouldn't be a surprise after learning they tried for Di Maria.

LeeRomeno

So, best scenario and explanation for Bartomeu and his minions signing Paulinho is that they are stupid. But that wouldn't be a surprise after learning they tried for Di Maria.

Actually I believe main reason is that he was only midfielder with profile we wanted with low enough buy out clause. Prices for any player we wanted tripled during summer. I'm glad we got Semedo early, would have cost us 70 in the end of summer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's their fault and comes under his responsibility as the President.

Bad planning. Had they gone for Coutinho early in June, there's a good chance he would have been a Barcelona player right now, but instead of that they kept chasing Verratti and seemingly never even made an official bid(which PSG would have rejected anyway).

JamDav1982

That's their fault and comes under his responsibility as the President.

Bad planning. Had they gone for Coutinho early in June, there's a good chance he would have been a Barcelona player right now, but instead of that they kept chasing Verratti and seemingly never even made an official bid(which PSG would have rejected anyway).

Dont think it would have made much difference.

Liverpool were making a stand this summer about not selling their best players. It wasnt about the money.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dont think it would have made much difference.

Liverpool were making a stand this summer about not selling their best players. It wasnt about the money.

Just an example and Klopp claimed the issue was the timing of it. Late July/Early August.

Not just about Coutinho. They could have looked at other players, but were all braindead.

JamDav1982

Just an example and Klopp claimed the issue was the timing of it. Late July/Early August.

Not just about Coutinho. They could have looked at other players, but were all braindead.

Maybe Klopp said that but the owners said they were never selling him.

It was a stand they took this summer and even when teams did make moves early teams were still just turning down offers a lot of the time.

Too many things like Liverpool selling best players in past, CL qualification, new contract and not needing the money. Dont think Barca get him at any point this summer.

Which means they spent too long chasing player couldnt get anyway.

raskolnikov

I dont get how they can be this stupid. Fucking arm chair fans have 20x more insight,skill, vision than these people actually in charge. Things like that always baffle me. How can you be in a position like that but are a totally clueless idiot.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I dont get how they can be this stupid. Fucking arm chair fans have 20x more insight,skill, vision than these people actually in charge. Things like that always baffle me. How can you be in a position like that but are a totally clueless idiot.

Maybe not that strange he after all. It's the same in politics. Ambitious poltrons that can be corrupted always come out on top.

El Flaco

[tw]905919440356872192[/tw]

http://cadenaser.com/programa/2017/09/06/el_larguero/1504724737_122882.html

Quotes from Catalan Edition

- Florentino Pérez: "I can only speak good of Rosell & Bartomeu. Obviously, Rosell is your friend." (directed at SER).

- Florentino Pérez: "I think Bartomeu is a good president and I wish him the best. We have a great relationship."

- Florentino Pérez: "I don't know what will happen with Bartomeu (regarding vote of no confidence), but I hope it ends well for him."

Home of Barca Fans