Josep Maria Bartomeu

Leo_Messi

What a disgrace to use Tito's name in such a way. Anyone supporting the current regime is mental.

The elections cannot arrive quickly enough and drastic measures should be taken to remove those retards from power. They have systematically been destroying our club from within and everything we as a club used to stand for.

This cannot go on.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Even if we appeal to our better and most lenient side and give Bartomeu the benefit of the doubt that he was not trying to deflect blame onto Tito, that would still leave bringing up Tito's name specifically as being of poor taste, and lacking tact and awareness.

He could have used a general term to identify the party that desired the player like "we" or "the technical staff" or "the team". Further, attributing mostly Neymar to Tito is very disingenuous, which doesn't really help in people feeling like he should get the benefit of the doubt in other areas, because it was widely known that Barca, and specifically Rosell, had interest for the player before Tito ever was the Barca manager.

Leo_Messi

CBGio9KWoAAoM-A.jpg:large

Exactly. What a disgraceful person that Bartofeo clown is. I pray to God (if he exists) that both he and Rosell will be condemned and face prison sentences. As long as possible.

F

Flavia

Even if we appeal to our better and most lenient side and give Bartomeu the benefit of the doubt that he was not trying to deflect blame onto Tito, that would still leave bringing up Tito's name specifically as being of poor taste, and lacking tact and awareness.

He could have used a general term to identify the party that desired the player like "we" or "the technical staff" or "the team". Further, attributing mostly Neymar to Tito is very disingenuous, which doesn't really help in people feeling like he should get the benefit of the doubt in other areas, because it was widely known that Barca, and specifically Rosell, had interest for the player before Tito ever was the Barca manager.

Yes... but one has to be too naive or dumb to believe Barto didn't have a bad intention here. Whether if for his fear of jail or whatever, he didn't just say Tito's name following an impulse. I bet this was practiced with his lawyers beforehand. These people have done a lot, for anyone to still believe them. I mean, saying he signed THIRTEEN contracts without reading any of them? And now this? It's a disgrace.

Leo_Messi

Yes... but one has to be too naive or dumb to believe Barto didn't have a bad intention here. Whether if for his fear of jail or whatever, he didn't just say Tito's name following an impulse. I bet this was practiced with his lawyers beforehand. These people have done a lot, to anyone believe them. I mean, saying he signed THIRTEEN contracts without reading any of them? And now this? It's a disgrace.

Why even mention Tito at all? What difference does it make whether Tito wanted him or not? I mean is this a joke? The fact is that Rosell and Bartofeo screwed up when they signed Neymar. Royally. Now they are trying everything to save their asses. They don't care about the club but themselves at this point if not from the very beginning they reached power within the club. Many of the previous and current board members simply use their positions at FCB to better their private careers and to establish networks. That's unfortunately the reality.

Laporta on the other hand, although he also had his problems and weaknesses like every human, is a genuine fan who genuinely loves the club.

At least we now know that Bartofeo won't be "reelected" (LOL). He signed his death sentence today. Just read the comments in the local press and on local forums. People are enraged and with good reason.

But our Scottish friend here is as usual doing everything to defend the indefensible. I don't know whether he is trolling or serious. Or maybe even related to Bartofeo.

mobster_1930

I'm really sad to see how many of Barca's supporters are just plain stupid ... Also, I can't believe that some of the guys here on the forum think that Barto really said something like "Tito is responsible for bringing Neymar". Yes, Tito was responsible, but in the sporting way, he wasn't the one who was negotiating the transfer and fees. Club is playing great again and this is clearly media from Madrid trying to destabilize club. This is stuff for front pages, sensational journalism, and sadly people are biting for the hook. Both Rosell and Bartomeu are in some deep shit (especially Rosell ), but you need to give some credit where it's due :

1) Barto called early elections this year (he didn't have to)
2) He handled post-Sociedad game EXTREMELY WELL, with cool head. Most of us were calling for Lucho to be sacked, what's our opinion now ?
3) He was utterly supportive to all of the players and he sacked Zubi (better late than never)

Believing that acting president of FC Barcelona BLAMED deceased manager for Neymar saga is unthinkable to me. This is clearly a big media attack on Bartomeu and the club from Madrid medias, just check out AS and MARCA frontpages and check out elmundo and sport - one with the big fonts and images, the other two like side stories and explanations. I really feel for Barto and I think that Neymar mess is all down to Rosell ...

Leo_Messi

I'm really sad to see how many of Barca's supporters are just plain stupid ... Also, I can't believe that some of the guys here on the forum think that Barto really said something like "Tito is responsible for bringing Neymar". Yes, Tito was responsible, but in the sporting way, he wasn't the one who was negotiating the transfer and fees. Club is playing great again and this is clearly media from Madrid trying to destabilize club. This is stuff for front pages, sensational journalism, and sadly people are biting for the hook. Both Rosell and Bartomeu are in some deep shit (especially Rosell ), but you need to give some credit where it's due :

2) He handled post-Sociedad game EXTREMELY WELL, with cool head. Most of us were calling for Lucho to be sacked, what's our opinion now ?
3) He was utterly supportive to all of the players and he sacked Zubi (better late than never)

Believing that acting president of FC Barcelona BLAMED deceased manager for Neymar saga is unthinkable to me. This is clearly a big media attack on Bartomeu and the club from Madrid medias, just check out AS and MARCA frontpages and check out elmundo and sport - one with the big fonts and images, the other two like side stories and explanations. I really feel for Barto and I think that Neymar mess is all down to Rosell ...

You are being too generous and too naive. I would agree with you had the current board had a clean track record before another unfortunate episode out of dozens upon dozens by now since 2010.

As I wrote previously why even mention Tito? Does it change that Rosell and his right hand the VICE PRESIDENT screwed up royally when they bought Neymar? Zero. Nada. Nothing.

F

Flavia

There is no media attack, this time. Bartomeu said all this, it's his fault, again. You should feel for the club, not for barto, who is using Tito as shield for his own screw ups. There was no need for him to involve Tito in all this. at all.

mobster_1930

Why mention Tito !? What's wrong with saying : Manager wanted to sign player who can bring something different. They mentioned Neymar, Tito gave green light. Neymar signing happened during Tito's tenure with Barca, that's a fact, he was just stating a fact.

@instinct - Yeah, I do feel for him. Give credits where it's due. If it was up to Barca fans, Lucho would have been sacked after Sociedad game ...

Chong Li

Yeah Barto is abviously a saint, didnt sign the Neymar contracts etc. It's the evil Madrid media attacking a blameless poor victim once again.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barto called for early elections because he was in tremendous pressure to do so and could have possibly faced a motion of no-confidence which could have scuppered his re-elections plans.

He handled the Lucho situation well, credit to him.

Barto was the one who kept Zubi for so long because he believed in him while most of the board reportedly wanted to sack him a long time ago.

Yeah you gotta feel bad for poor Josep Maria Bartomeu.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Why mention Tito !? What's wrong with saying : Manager wanted to sign player who can bring something different. They mentioned Neymar, Tito gave green light. Neymar signing happened during Tito's tenure with Barca, that's a fact, he was just stating a fact.

@instinct - Yeah, I do feel for him. Give credits where it's due. If it was up to Barca fans, Lucho would have been sacked after Sociedad game ...

This is not a press conference or a random question. This is a criminal proceeding for tax fraud where jail time is on the line. That Neymar was signed is not the issue, but the manner in which he was signed. Flinging Tito's name into the criminal proceedings for tax fraud is irresponsible at best, despicable at worst.

Further though, it is very disingenuous of Bartomeu to attribute Neymar's signing to mostly Tito when in fact Rosell wanted him badly even before Tito was named Barca's manager.

I

instinct

@instinct - Yeah, I do feel for him. Give credits where it's. If it was up to Barca fans, Lucho would have been sacked after Sociedad game ...

Barca fans are no professionals and our opinions are mostly based on emotions while people like Bartomeu have to make decision based on rationalism. I don't give him credit for a logical decision which probably every president would've made.

You must have lived under a stone in the last couple of months. Blaming madrid media for our boards' failures? I simply can't understand it. For 5 years, Rosell and Bartomeu have damaged the image and state of our club in such an unimagineable manner that it's not even possible to live one day without reading the words ''tax-fraud'', ''crime'', ''judge'' etc.

They're a bunch of hypocrites, it's baffling how you can defend them. Blame the madrid media all you want but it's undeniable that they have destroyed our club in almost every possible way. Our public image has greatly suffered because of these clowns and the madrid media wouldn't be able to harm our image, if we didn't give them stuff to write about every day.

F

Flavia

You have to ask that to Bartomeu. He was the one who mentioned Tito. And he also said only Tito should be praise for Neymar's signing, not barto or rosell. Tito was the responsible from bringing him earlier, which made ney's cost increase, according to Barto. He just wasn't involved in the economic part. Poor Barto just did what Tito asked him to do.

This is not a press conference or a random question. This is a criminal proceeding for tax fraud where jail time is on the line. That Neymar was signed is not the issue, but the manner in which he was signed. Flinging Tito's name into the criminal proceedings for tax fraud is irresponsible at best, despicable at worst.

Further though, it is very disingenuous of Bartomeu to attribute Neymar's signing to mostly Tito when in fact Rosell wanted him badly even before Tito was named Barca's manager.

Pretty much this.

Home of Barca Fans