Jose Enrique

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Is the quality of fullbacks in England really so low as to argue over players like Jose Enrique and Clichy?

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
what's so funny?

he's as good as Kolarov (maybe even slightly better) and he is definitely miles better than Clichy...

Are you joking? Most Citeh fans don't even rate Kolarov... He's a below average LB.. He's slow as well. Clichy will take Kolarov's place... I'd imagine.

SwiftGuyver

Are you joking? Most Citeh fans don't even rate Kolarov... He's a below average LB.. He's slow as well. Clichy will take Kolarov's place... I'd imagine.

Kolarov is better than Clichy IMO.

they are both poor though.

thinking about it Enrique is much better than both of them...

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
Ckichy is not even in top5 LBs in EPL... Of course Kolarov is better, the only thing Clichy has over Kolarov is his 1-1 tackling and his speed, nothing more.

As for Enrique, you guys are underrating him. last year he was phenomenal in Newcastle. He is one of the best LBs in EPL. We just have to wait and see if he can cope with the pressure of playing in Liverpool, otherwise, so far, he showed he is more than just good player. Imho, should be Spains first choice LB.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak

That;s because Kolarov was mostly injured last year. He didnt settle in EPL as he should have, and i blame only injuries for that. otherwise, he is GREAT player, who has seen him in Lazio, knows that... Clichy might take his place, because he is more settled in EPL, or who knows..

Co0ter

I don't know what Wenger was thinking. Cesc is gone and he'll have 30mil upfront from it. Keeping Nasri for a year then letting him go for free is just stupid. He's was good for half of last season then sucked- his stats aren't even good either. He wants out, sell his ass to City for 23mil and close the door.

With 53mil...23m on Mata, 18 for Cahil, 10 for Enrique (I believe that is what Liverpool paid?)- And you still got 2mil left over + what he gets for Eboue and Bendtner. He could even squeeze in a solid DM for around 16mil after those sales.

Wilshere is amazing and imo is ready to take the team on his shoulders. It's up to Ramsey to step it up too.

He sold Clichy and completely missed the opportunity to replace him with someone who is twice as good for basically same price as what they sold Clichy for.

Wenger out. Anyone else in ;)

Last edited:

poltergeist

Great game today. Had Walcott in his pocket all the while Walcott was on the pitch and fed Downing some brilliant passes. He's looking like Liverpools best signing this summer.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
Didnt watch the game, but i cant say im surprised. I told my Pool fans friends that he is one hell of a signing for them. :)

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
A solid performance form the left back today, looked like he's been playing for Liverpool for ages...
Downing is continuing to look sharp, and Adam is also playing confidently.

Liverpool might have something going here...

Hatem Ben Arfa

OMG what a surprise!

Fans of other clubs are finally waking up to the fact that Jose Enrique is a fantasitc left back.

'had Walcott in his pocket' you say? I've been saying for ages that defensively, there is no better Left Back in the Premier League. You just don't get past him period. and if you somehow manage to get past him, he will do you for pace and strength and dispossess you and make you look like a non-league player. And on top of that add his fantastic close control typical of a Barca player, ability to be cool under pressure and play it out of the back and keep possession. He still has his faults, overconfidence/cocky which leads to lack of concentration with regard to some rare occasional misplaced passes.

I suppose now that he no longer plays for Newcastle, he now gets noticed as one of the best left backs in the Premier League.

I'm laughing at all those who laughed at my claims and said he's nothing more than a decent LB for a club like newcastle and just avearge.

He was the best Left Back(DEFENDER) in the Premier League last season. As soon as he gets used to his new teammates at Anfield I'm sure the football media and therefore fans of other clubs will finally realise it.

The ignorance of some fans who can't look past the club a player plays for when judging their abilities, or who cant look past a lack of goals when it comes to judging a LB's abilities(ranking goals(Baines) above good defensive play(Enrique)) is DUMBFOUNDING!

And OH YEAH, I see it didn't take long for the JOSE JOSE JOSE JOSE (Ole tune) chants to start up at Anfield. I'm glad Liverpool fans can see and appreciate his fantastic defensive play. Liverpool fans.....you will be doing that chant EVERY SINGLE WEEK because that is how consistent Jose is defensively, that is how consistently he puts on a defensive masterclass, that is how conssitently he comes up with those THOU SHALT NOT PASS MOMEENTS and then goes on a fatnastic forward run with fantastic creative link up play. You haven't seen his messi like runs yet though, just you wait. He needs to add goals to those runs though, and you will truly go crazy for him.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans