Jordi Alba

ammarfcb

ze special one
I'm not discussing Nani in the Alba topic... but he's one of the best wingers in the world. Now go away, troll.

ok, we were discussing alba. but sadly you couldn't come up with a good counter arguement so you just said "go away troll". to enclose your self in your cave of sky sports news and the sun's idea of football. instead of exposing your eyes to some real football.

anyway. alba is great. he is a team man. great work ethics. and great potentional.

qualities lacking in nani,bale,theo and the rest of the sprinting wingers crew.

Superfly

Banned

If he does it for Spain I can't see why he can't do it for Barca. We better sign him up before the Euro's start before City/United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Whatever try and get their grubby little hands on him ;)

B

barcelonista

If he does it for Spain I can't see why he can't do it for Barca. We better sign him up before the Euro's start before City/United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Whatever try and get their grubby little hands on him ;)

Maravilla. :(

SamperFCB

Come on, people... Bale is one big hype, nothing more. He's not a player who fits in the Barca philosophy. He runs hard, but isn't a passer, not somebody who can play the tiki-taka football. And this boy can't defend.

Jordi Alba is the only left back of the right level who fits in the Barca game. He knows the club (played in the Barca youth teams) and can play the tiki-taka game. His value is around the 10-15M euros. So in my opinion Barca has to buy him. Big chance Abidal will leave the club this summer, so than will Adriano be the only LB. If we buy Jordi Alba we will have a LB who can play there for years.

I hear a lot of people about Grimaldo and Fran. They are definitely very big talents, but it is much to early to put them in our first team. Grimaldo (the oldest of the 2) is now 16 years old.. so come on, give him some time to develop. It is his first year in the Juvenil A, so let him develop this and next year there... And after the Juvenil A a few years Barca B. So there are still some years for those 2 to go until they achieve the right level to come to the first team.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

Hype? What Hype?

Also you seem to be forgetting the wonderful attacking and defensive display from Alba vs Barca last year. I have no idea where the false "Alba can't defend" statement comes from. Yes, he's a winger who's adapted to LB over the last season, and whose to say he can't get better if he moves here. You're not going to get another Abidal as there is no other LB like him in the market. Unless you want to wait 6-7 years for Grimaldo and be stuck with Adriano, Alba is the best option.

It's not a false statement.

so he made a few interceptions of long crossfield telegraphed balls and tackled Dani Alves and Iniesta once. That is hardly a wonderful defensive display.

Like I said before, don't let the hype blind you. He can't defend in my opinion.

Jose Enrique is miles better than Alba as a defender. He is absolutely SOLID, you just don't go past him, and if by some miracle you do he will disposess you.

Alba is overhyped because of his good forward play while his number 1 job as a Left Back (DEFENDING) is nowhere near as good as it should be. it sucks in fact. The same goes for many a left back that is good at attacking, their defending is overlooked and therefore overrated to be put on level with their good attacking play. Leighton Baines is another good example as well as Bale.

Alba should just be thrown on the wing.

Last edited:

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
It's not a false statement.

so he made a few interceptions of long crossfield telegraphed balls and tackled Dani Alves and Iniesta once. That is hardly a wonderful defensive display.

Like I said before, don't let the hype blind you. He can't defend in my opinion.

Jose Enrique is miles better than Alba as a defender. He is absolutely SOLID, you just don't go past him, and if by some miracle you do he will disposess you.Alba is overhyped because of his good forward play while his number 1 job as a Left Back (DEFENDING) is nowhere near as good as it should be. it sucks in fact. The same goes for many a left back that is good as attacking, their defending is overlooked and therefore overrated to be put on level with their good attacking play. Leighton Baines is another good example as well as Bale.

Alba should just be thrown on the wing.

LOL!!!!!!

Wow........

Hatem Ben Arfa

laugh all you want.

Any Newcastle fan will tell you the same.

I'm sure Liverpool fans will also tell you something similar.

He was the best left back in the premier league last season and he is again this season. No Left Back in the league defends better than him. Evra, Clichy, Ashley Cole have been dog poo the last 2 years. No one notices Baines poor defending, only his goals on a 9 minute clip of a game on match of the day.

ammarfcb

ze special one
laugh all you want.

Any Newcastle fan will tell you the same.

I'm sure Liverpool fans will also tell you something similar.

He was the best left back in the premier league last season and he is again this season. No Left Back in the league defends better than him. Evra, Clichy, Ashley Cole have been dog poo the last 2 years. No one notices Baines poor defending, only his goals on a 9 minute clip of a game on match of the day.

this is what i hate. bale is not a left back never was. just because it says it on paper doesn't mean he plays it. the only reasoon his all over the place it's becuase thats his only advantage - running. if he were to keep one position he would be as useless as marcelo with 1 leg. he is a terrible left back. a sad excuse of a footballer. and it's a disgrace that some of the media *cough* english *cough* want to hype him as the best. but its even sadder that you would go along with that.

i don't have anything against English. i'm kinda English myself but you can not call a player 'one of the best in the world' just for 2 good games against a mediocre inter side and before you bounce back at me with have you seen him eversince. well yes i have. i stream spurs games week in week out so im forced to watch him. he runs great with the ball but that's not impressive enough. he has no fixed role. his passing,shooting and general understanding of the game is below average. not to mention his inconsistency

gingerless

get taiwo, i have him on fifa 12, like fucking 89 acceleration and 90 sprint speed!! good to shut down madrid since they play through the wings

Hatem Ben Arfa

this is what i hate. bale is not a left back never was. just because it says it on paper doesn't mean he plays it. the only reasoon his all over the place it's becuase thats his only advantage - running. if he were to keep one position he would be as useless as marcelo with 1 leg. he is a terrible left back. a sad excuse of a footballer. and it's a disgrace that some of the media *cough* english *cough* want to hype him as the best. but its even sadder that you would go along with that.

i don't have anything against English. i'm kinda English myself but you can not call a player 'one of the best in the world' just for 2 good games against a mediocre inter side and before you bounce back at me with have you seen him eversince. well yes i have. i stream spurs games week in week out so im forced to watch him. he runs great with the ball but that's not impressive enough. he has no fixed role. his passing,shooting and general understanding of the game is below average. not to mention his inconsistency

????

so Alba is better than Bale?

That is so not true.

Bale can't defend to save his life and that is where he played the majority of his games until last season, when they decided to stick him on the wing. since then he has been fantatic. You are doing him a great diservice, he's got a lot in his locker and could potentially be Premier League player of the year, if not for Van Persie.

Jenks

Bale is not a bad defender, I don't know where that comes from. He's not top class by any means, but he's solid at least. Still, probably not good enough for Barca.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Bale is not a bad defender, I don't know where that comes from. He's not top class by any means, but he's solid at least. Still, probably not good enough for Barca.

:lol:

sorry but if you had watched the games Bale played at left back he would almost always or at least every 2 games give away a goal because he can't defend. he's awful at defending.

That is why he is a winger now.

Home of Barca Fans