Jordi Alba

El Gato

Villarato!
You dont really believe that?!

No? Who doesn't fall into the former category that was bought after James Rodriguez going into the post-CR preparation bracket? Maybe Odriozola, even Jović is a stretch, because he says so little nobody knows how passionate he really is about the badge, but we both know he's a mature guy. Even Ceballos indicated his goal is to succeed in a RM shirt in 2-3-5 years time.

Batistuta9

Ramos and Pepe are so far removed from being horrible people. They're actually cunts on the pitch in defense of the shirt more than they are off it. CR7 is the best example of an ego being 'tolerated' because the benefits were so high. Alba though? He sets no example, he isn't resilient, he's only there, not because of unquestioned quality, but due to lack of options and the club's sense of 'duty' to his señorio in the side.

Ramos and pepe are universally hated by football fans, much more so than jordi alba. There are countless videos of them doing scumbag things on social media. Again I don't know Alba personally and he may be a horrible person, but footballing wise, replacing alba isn't a priority for me. Even Andy Robertson, who i rate as probably the best LB atm, said jordi alba is a reference point for him. There are other areas we need to improve before LB

El Gato

Villarato!
Ramos and pepe are universally hated by football fans, much more so than jordi alba. There are countless videos of them doing scumbag things on social media.

What scumbag things? Give an example.
Doesn't matter about those hating them. Actually most who hate them aren't ever talking about their football either so yeah, objectivity is not the strongest suit of people holding a negative opinion on either of the pair. Diving or whatever low-level tactic you can point to says nothing about them as people nor does it show their qualities as veterans in the side. Qualities Alba never showed that wasn't a flick for the cameras. Even Carvajal who I always thought is close to being his annoying twin has half the amount of annoying traits.

Batistuta9

What scumbag things? Give an example.
Doesn't matter about those hating them. Actually most who hate them aren't ever talking about their football either so yeah, objectivity is not the strongest suit of people holding a negative opinion on either of the pair. Diving or whatever low-level tactic you can point to says nothing about them as people nor does it show their qualities as veterans in the side. Qualities Alba never showed that wasn't a flick for the cameras. Even Carvajal who I always thought is close to being his annoying twin has half the amount of annoying traits.

I'm sure ramos was only sent off 25 times for being an all round great guy 😂

https://youtu.be/UxnmEPF9ANQ

https://youtu.be/ARVQrBlYqXQ

El Gato

Villarato!
I'm sure ramos was only sent off 25 times for being an all round great guy ��

https://youtu.be/UxnmEPF9ANQ

https://youtu.be/ARVQrBlYqXQ

Ah, another one pointing to disciplinary record as evidence for something other than the guy being an unprecedented hothead. Love this angle.
Still, you're not giving any examples of either player nature being detrimental to what can be loosely defined as 'team spirit' or 'togetherness' in the locker room.

Pepe at 37 remains an important player for his national team and starts most games having not caused a single malicious drama since Mourinho or pre-Mourinho days, has in fact been a very underrated world-class CB who got sent off only twice (one of these at a time a very debatable Alves tackle) since the Casquero incident.

Ramos on the other hand, while reckless, is resoundingly liked, because he's always first to assume blame whenever it is obvious he fucked up. Silva got asked who he'd like at City out of Real Madrid players and despite hesitating to single anybody he chose to say his name. That's probably enough to tell you what kind of a person he is.

Batistuta9

Ah, another one pointing to disciplinary record as evidence for something other than the guy being an unprecedented hothead. Love this angle.
Still, you're not giving any examples of either player nature being detrimental to what can be loosely defined as 'team spirit' or 'togetherness' in the locker room.

Pepe at 37 remains an important player for his national team and starts most games having not caused a single malicious drama since Mourinho or pre-Mourinho days, has in fact been a very underrated world-class CB who got sent off only twice (one of these at a time a very debatable Alves tackle) since the Casquero incident.

Ramos on the other hand, while reckless, is resoundingly liked, because he's always first to assume blame whenever it is obvious he fucked up. Silva got asked who he'd like at City out of Real Madrid players and despite hesitating to single anybody he chose to say his name. That's probably enough to tell you what kind of a person he is.

I'm not denying their ability as footballers, they are excellent. I'm questioning them as people. Spitting at people, stamping, elbowing, starting fights, kicking out when players are down and trying to break peoples legs aren't what good upstanding people do. You can be good with class like van dijk.

gregorrin10

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">�� Jordi Alba: "No one likes the fans going against us. I respect everyone. But they also have to respect me. I don't like being whistled in the 15th minute when the score is 0-0." <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/fcblive?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#fcblive</a></p>— �� FC Barcelona Fl �� (@FCBarcelonaFl) <a href="https://twitter.com/FCBarcelonaFl/status/1236379612466368515?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 7, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

You deserve to be whistled every second since seeing that ridiculous half time break down in the Anfield locker room, crying like a baby even though we still had a 2 goal advantage going into the 2nd half. Loser mentality at its peak. Alba is basically done, just like Pique, Busquets, Rakitic...sell them and move on to players, who actually haven't won everything in club football so far in their careers, so they have something to play and fight for and are determined to win games and trophies. These old timers have already ''been there, done that'', and now they're just greedy and don't wanna give up that fat pay check until they absolutely have to, just like our corrupt president Ratomeu, who will stay as president until 2021 and will try to ruin the club some more until then.

And to think we gave Alba a fucking 5-year extension just last year so he has a contract until 2024, mind boggling! I'd seriously make a clear out and sell at least half of this team this summer already, but with elections not coming early (what's up with that?) this will have to be postponed until 2021 at least, and even then we'll waste half the summer to even get a new Board in, so no chance for massive moves right away. Elections should really be in April/May, so that the new Board is in and ready for the summer transfer window right after it opens.

El Gato

Villarato!
I'm not denying their ability as footballers, they are excellent. I'm questioning them as people. Spitting at people, stamping, elbowing, starting fights, kicking out when players are down and trying to break peoples legs aren't what good upstanding people do. You can be good with class like van dijk.

Almost nothing that happens on the pitch is comparable to what happens in the training grounds or between the people on streets. You're trying to project a player's personality from an environment of competition to one of life and learning. Which, I'm sorry, is nonsense. Many players praised them as veteran figures. Critics are few and far between. In the context of them somehow being more detrimental than that prick Alba, who really stands for pretty much nothing positive in your club, ask yourself, how do you think Alba would react if he got a real competitor for his spot? I think I know. Because we saw how pissed off he was when he got dropped by Lucho 2 years(?) back. Except a younger, better and more regular competitor would not go away and expose him for who he is.

Batistuta9

Almost nothing that happens on the pitch is comparable to what happens in the training grounds or between the people on streets. You're trying to project a player's personality from an environment of competition to one of life and learning. Which, I'm sorry, is nonsense. Many players praised them as veteran figures. Critics are few and far between. In the context of them somehow being more detrimental than that prick Alba, who really stands for pretty much nothing positive in your club, ask yourself, how do you think Alba would react if he got a real competitor for his spot? I think I know. Because we saw how pissed off he was when he got dropped by Lucho 2 years(?) back. Except a younger, better and more regular competitor would not go away and expose him for who he is.

I'm not arguing that alba is not a prick, i'm saying that ramos and pepe are as well, but you are defending them. Alba would cry if he was replaced, but so did pepe when mourinho dropped him for varane. And ramos will most likely do the same

El Gato

Villarato!
I'm not arguing that alba is not a prick, i'm saying that ramos and pepe are as well, but you are defending them. Alba would cry if he was replaced, but so did pepe when mourinho dropped him for varane. And ramos will most likely do the same

Nope. Pepe didn't cry and even stayed an extra season to play 3rd choice when Zidane moved Varane to starting lineup.

Ramos is a captain, is 33-34 and joked several times something would be wrong with us if he ended up playing for us beyond 35-36.

It's actually amusing how it's the soft Brits (assuming you're indeed from where your indicator points) that continuously point and poke fun at the 'thugs' when the UK football was raised on Keane and is generally the 'league of a hardman'.
All you're doing here bro is proving you're not objectively ready to accept the idea that people who have done or do something reprehensible, particularly RM players, on the field, are actually class and respected off the park. Keane for example has shown he's really good with the kids and is actually quite humorous and well liked. Most thugs are thugs because they're passionate. Alba is not a thug. He's a lackey for a group of bullies. It's quite clear which ones the players themselves prefer and respect more.

Last edited:

Batistuta9

Nope. Pepe didn't cry and even stayed an extra season to play 3rd choice when Zidane moved Varane to starting lineup.

Ramos is a captain, is 33-34 and joked several times something would be wrong with us if he ended up playing for us beyond 35-36.

It's actually amusing how it's the soft Brits (assuming you're indeed from where your indicator points) that continuously point and poke fun at the 'thugs' when the UK football was raised on Keane and is generally the 'league of a hardman'.
All you're doing here bro is proving you're not objectively ready to accept the idea that people who have done or do something reprehensible, particularly RM players, on the field, are actually class and respected off the park. Keane for example has shown he's really good with the kids and is actually quite humorous and well liked. Most thugs are thugs because they're passionate. Alba is not a thug. He's a lackey for a group of bullies.

Just because pepe stayed an extra season doesn't mean he didn't cry when he was first replaced. I remember a mourinho quote saying 'pepe has a problem called varane'. Fair enough bro, you are entitled to your opinion and there is probably bias when you look at your players.

I am from the uk and ramos and pepe are seen as thugs. So is suarez and he probably is but you won't find a teammate that will say a bad thing about him. As for keane, he can act nice for the cameras, but he is a grade A thug. Ended haaland's career deliberately

El Gato

Villarato!
Just because pepe stayed an extra season doesn't mean he cried when he was first replaced. I remember a mourinho quote saying 'pepe has a problem called varane'. Fair enough bro, you are entitled to your opinion and there is probably bias when you look at your players.

I am from the uk and ramos and pepe are seen as thugs. So is suarez and he probably is but you won't find a teammate that will say a bad thing about him. As for keane, he can act nice for the cameras, but he is a grade A thug. Ended haaland's career deliberately

Nope, not grade A. Grade A thugs are those that have done nothing redeemable in their careers.

Nor has he ended Haaland's career deliberately, it was a revenge foul, not a career ending one. Haaland got up, played the rest of that match and subsequently the case didn't stand up in court because he retired from left leg issues rather than one Keane targeted.

The Mourinho quote about Pepe and Varane is nothing to do with Pepe being upset, it's said to outline Pepe being out of form and Varane outperforming him as a hot youngster, not some long lasting bitterness.

You need to let go of the hate for thugs. Again, most players would choose this type of personality over Alba's on the field or off it.

Batistuta9

Nope, not grade A. Grade A thugs are those that have done nothing redeemable in their careers.

Nor has he ended Haaland's career deliberately, it was a revenge foul, not a career ending one. Haaland got up, played the rest of that match and subsequently the case didn't stand up in court because he retired from left leg issues rather than one Keane targeted.

The Mourinho quote about Pepe and Varane is nothing to do with Pepe being upset, it's said to outline Pepe being out of form and Varane outperforming him as a hot youngster, not some long lasting bitterness.

You need to let go of the hate for thugs. Again, most players would choose this type of personality over Alba's on the field or off it.

Come on man, it's obvious that keane wanted to break haaland's leg. Ramos and pepe can obviously do no wrong in your eyes. They could probably kill an opponent and you would say they are well respected in the dressing room and are very well liked veteran figures.

Home of Barca Fans