Jordi Alba

Leo_Messi

At last! At last, man! At last, Bartomeu is PUBLICLY talking about the wage structure and why players, in this case Alba, no matter how highly valued they are or important, cannot demand unlimited wages or unrealistic ones. There is a hierarchy at every club and it is no different when it comes to wages.

This should be a message to other players as well. Good to hear that they are aware of the situation. Once Messi, Suárez, Busquets and Piqué are gone, things should be run in another way. Less collegial feeling and more brute business even though we have not been such a club historically but given the professionalization of the club and what an enormous business the club has become in the past 15 years there is really no other alternative. So that change is inevitable, Bartomeu or no Bartomeu.

As good as Alba is and has been, in particular in recent seasons, he is not as important as the players who received contract extensions recently. Thinking about Messi and Suárez here.

He will turn 30 in a few weeks time. I don't agree, at all, with us "being fucked" should he leave. It would require buying the right successor and we could certainly afford doing that given Alba's market value. Not saying that we should sell him but if he insists on an outrageous contract extension, the club should do what they need to do.

Similarly with the 31 year old Rakitic.

Alba depends almost entirely on his pace. Once that is gone he won't even be recognizable anymore. I will give him 2-3 seasons (at most) on the highest level before an inevitable decline. Selling him this summer alongside Rakitic for an outrageous fee, might not be the worst business in the world provided that the board will replace him with the right substitute. Not saying that the likes of Junior Firpo or Ferland Mendy are guaranteed to work but I see no reason why they could not work. As good as Alba is, he is not a generational talent. I always rated Marcelo much higher but that is maybe unfair on Alba who is a great, great player on his own. No disrespect here.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
At some point you have to stop this madness rather than pointing to the past.
Also Busquets style of play seemed like a one that will last longer (didn't happen) than Alba who relies on his speed

He just gave him a renewal last September after he had already been underperforming for a long time. Don’t know what you’re talking about, tbh. Don’t try to push your Barca reddit-like naivety in my face. I have my views on Barto and the rest of the board, you have yours.

Messigician

He just gave him a renewal last September after he had already been underperforming for a long time. Don’t know what you’re talking about, tbh. Don’t try to push your Barca reddit-like naivety in my face. I have my views on Barto and the rest of the board, you have yours.

Wow you're hard. People can voice their opinions on here, if you don't like it leave

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Wow you're hard. People can voice their opinions on here, if you don't like it leave

Can’t see where I said you can’t. Just don’t push your opinions on people. Also, who attacked who here for having an opinion to begin with? That’s right. Double standards much. Having seen the kind of stuff you post on here, by the way, maybe take a close look at yourself next time before you so eagerly jump at others.

Last edited:

Messigician

Can’t see where I said you can’t. Just don’t push your opinions on people. Also, who attacked who here for having an opinion to begin with? That’s right. Double standards much. Having seen the kind of stuff you post on here, by the way, maybe take a close look at yourself next time before you so eagerly jump at others.

Please point out where you think he attacked you compared to what you said...

khaled_a_d

The renewal was agreed -and promised- before September.
Many people didn't realize Busquets aging before that time. I remember when I pointed out his decline at the end of last season and many were laughing at me.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Referring to the club breaking their wage structure time and tine again with renewals os an attack on you?

What?
Just what I was referring to with Busi to begin with. He called my opinions for madness. How is that for letting people voice their opinions and respecting them as you are creating such a fuss about? Anyway, I don’t want pages to be filled up with silly fights like JamDav was still on here. No bad feelings towards khaled at all. Just some misunderstandings.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
tenor.gif

Givenchy

best LB in the world right now, perfect understanding with Leo. i'd say hes irreplaceable currently. damned if you do, damned if you don't though as in 5 years he'll be old and most likely slow as fuck on big wages

wisconsincule

5 more years takes him until he’s 35 as he turns 30 in March. Deserves the pay raise but why so long? Extend him until 2022 and go year to year if he’s still performing at a high level.

Home of Barca Fans