John Stones

Adversus

I only started watching him last season because of the hype surrounding him, and I thought he was awfully error prone - easily the worst amongst the young CB stars out there.
Apparently he was better during the 13/14 season where he blew up, but I can't comment on that because I barely watched him there.

I doubt you watched every game. There was a period before he was dropped where leading up to it he made a couple of mistakes then did the turns in the box and the spotlight and pressure was on him and then he cost a goal in 2 or 3 games in a row. I actually was calling for him to be dropped a couple of games earlier than he was because you could see both him and team was struggling but Jags wasn't fit.

He also went through a bit of a dodgy period around the time of the transfer request.

However our midfield offered our defense no protection and Howard was a calamity last season behind him.

Basically around the time most people tuned in to watch him he was going through his worst form.

Taking the 3 seasons together as a whole and now he's settled at City he will go on to be a top player and a bargain.

Zincubus

Banned
Well Pep has already worked wonders why Stones's confidence and all round okay .

He looked to be in a simply role as Busqs and was magnificent .

Adversus

Well Pep has already worked wonders why Stones's confidence and all round okay .

He looked to be in a simply role as Busqs and was magnificent .

City play different to Pep's Barca. On the ball Stones is basically the one responsible for starting all the attacks from the back and more than often finds himself playing in midfield with Fernandinho dropping back to defense. When City lose the ball Stones stays in midfield unless the opposition avoid the first press and then he goes back into defense.

My Dad says he reminds him of Beckenbauer.

Zincubus

Banned
City play different to Pep's Barca. On the ball Stones is basically the one responsible for starting all the attacks from the back and more than often finds himself playing in midfield with Fernandinho dropping back to defense. When City lose the ball Stones stays in midfield unless the opposition avoid the first press and then he goes back into defense.

My Dad says he reminds him of Beckenbauer.

You make some good points and I'd agree with your dad , I grew up watching Beckenbauer as well :)

I believe that we missed a glorious opportunity when we passed up on the chance of getting Stones .

We could have paired him with Pique and had the best central defence pairing in the world for the next 10 years .

Hamzah

High Definition Member
They are comparing him to other English players, who are fucking shite. wilshere is their Xavi and he couldn't control a five yard pass in the England iceland game, let it go under his foot :lol:

gasgas

You make some good points and I'd agree with your dad , I grew up watching Beckenbauer as well :)

I believe that we missed a glorious opportunity when we passed up on the chance of getting Stones .

We could have paired him with Pique and had the best central defence pairing in the world for the next 10 years .

You mean Pique plays in his forties? :amazed:

Home of Barca Fans