Johan Cruyff

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I don't follow Cruijff all day in any discussion, but when it comes to football the man knows his info. Usually his statements are taken out of context to an extent that it makes a better headline if it is rephrased etc, so journalists do that. I only want full interviews with him, it's so easy to just take a couple of sentences from an interview and frame him of wanting to damage Barcelona.

Yes, he has a feud with Rosell. So what? Rosell has done some good stuff for the club, but most of his tenure has been below-par for Barcelona standards. Laporta wasn't perfect either, that is not what I am implying. But politics and football are, even within our club, two different worlds. Concerning politics I don't follow Cruijff usually, especially not his style. When it comes to football, he is second to none.

numero

Especially when it comes to Barcelona football, he is the godfather of Tiki Taka here

He is the Godfather of rejuvenated Barca. Not only because of tiki-taka or La Masia but also some of his forced decisions/advises at the club in last 20 years which helped Barca reach where it is now.

Cruyff for eternity.

P.s : Please don't be upset Sir and comeback again in future.....the doors will always be open for you... :cry: :wub:

numero

And his constant whining over Neymar signing this summer was also taken out of context? Good to see him backpedal a bit though.

Sandro was faced with 2 difficult choices this summer. Had to replace Tito at a short notice (we were already in pre-season) + biting the bullet on Neymar. Sad to see, he's not getting much credit for either of those decisions.

Looking very good so far I should say. Cruyff will whine no matter what though. Because, that's basically what he does ever since Nunez sacked him.

Dude he gave his entire playing career , coaching life ,dedication and devotion for Barca. He took the club to unprecedented success, the european cup, the future la masia model and what not. He has been giving Barca unconditional support since when he joined the club.

What would you do if you were sacked from your job even if you gave 100% and took your company to its peak and some morning you go to office and you see the CEO sends his assistant to sack you without even saying a word? Does that hurt ? Lets be honest here.

What Nunez did to cruyff was shameful and was a disgrace. Yet he joined back with Laporta when Laporta came back to power and helped Laporta make decisions that actually led the club to treble and CLs.

And yet he was sacked again disgracefully. Cruyff remains the legend at whole of the city of Barcelona and highly praised for in a day to day basis by Cules from the city. They have cruyff corner at plaza de catalonia etc. Not even thousand nunez or rosell can do shit to his image.

Ocurrente

cruyffyzu3f.png

F

Flavia

40 years since Cruyff's FC Barcelona debut

WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT10/28/2013 11:00

Cruyff had to wait two months to make his debut after bureaucratic problems with his transfer.

The Dutch master scored twice in his first game against Granada.

DEBUT_CRUYFF_LLIGA-PRIMER_GOL.v1382962338.jpg

40 years ago today, Johan Cruyff made his league debut with FC Barcelona - 28th October 1973 – when the then world number 1 helped Barça beat Granada 4-0.

Cruyff was signed on 13th August 1973 after a long negotiation with Ajax Amsterdam undertaken in large part by Armand Carabén. However, bureaucratic problems meant that the Dutch star could not make his official league debut for another two months.

Memorable debut

The day for Cruff’s debut finally arrived in round eight of the 1973/74 season just a day after the Dutch Federation’s transfer permit finally came through. The Barça fans were hungry to see their new signing in action, as the team were floundering down in 14th place, four points behind leaders Valencia with just six.

All the hopes surrounding Cruyff’s arrival were met, as in front of a packed Camp Nou, Cruyff led the team to a 4-0 win over Granada with two goals. Rexach’s injury meant he missed that game – he was replaced by Juanito- and that meant that coach Marinus Michels couldn’t put out what was to become his legendary line up of Sadurní, Rifé, Torres, Costas, De la Cruz, Juan Carlos, Rexach, Asensi, Cruyff, Sotil and Marcial – a team that ended the season as league champions, eight points clear of second place Atletico Madrid.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I find it astonishing that his book has not been published in english yet.

Which book? I have several, but not one big one about his entire career.

EDIT: You mean the white one, with him in the Dutch NT outfit on the front? Have been looking for it, seems to be a limited edition. Most of the books Voetbal International publishes are no limited editions, but I can't find the book anywhere on their website :(

Last edited:

Valdivia

Which book? I have several, but not one big one about his entire career.

EDIT: You mean the white one, with him in the Dutch NT outfit on the front? Have been looking for it, seems to be a limited edition. Most of the books Voetbal International publishes are no limited editions, but I can't find the book anywhere on their website :(

No, I meant the latest official one that he wrote himself describing his football philosophy.

This one:

Johan-Cruyff-Futbol.jpg

Home of Barca Fans