João Laporta

KingLeo10

https://fbref.com/en/stathead/playe...=e06683ca&p2yrfrom=2021-2022&p2yrto=2021-2022

Araujo compares pretty favorably this season even with the gold standard - VVD

Can't afford to lose him at any cost. People forget that VVD in his earlier days (Celtic) was trashed by Barca 6-1 and such. Not saying Araujo's ceiling is VVD (for me, VVD is one of the top 10 CBs in history), but he can become one of Barca's great defenders, which is good enough for our CL ambitions in the future.

fergus90

I'm a massive fan of Araujo, but Christensen is getting underrated here too. He's a good player with plenty of CL and International experience now who Chelsea wanted to keep and Bayern tried to sign. Not like we are trying to bring in Titus Bramble on a free deal.

We will renew Araujo as i'm sure everyone at the club is aware, like the fans are of his huge potential. Club will want to have both and not one or the other as they know strength in depth is needed.

Last edited:

Birdy

https://fbref.com/en/stathead/playe...=e06683ca&p2yrfrom=2021-2022&p2yrto=2021-2022

Araujo compares pretty favorably this season even with the gold standard - VVD

Can't afford to lose him at any cost. People forget that VVD in his earlier days (Celtic) was trashed by Barca 6-1 and such. Not saying Araujo's ceiling is VVD (for me, VVD is one of the top 10 CBs in history), but he can become one of Barca's great defenders, which is good enough for our CL ambitions in the future.

It's not that he is trash on the ball as people here make it out. Last game vs Elche he was great on the ball too.
It's just that it's his only area that needs improvement

IF he becomes better on the ball, his ceiling is truly VVD.

JamDav1982

Against Elche they sat off him and Pique and let them have the ball.

When Araujo has that he can make a decent pass over top or out wide sometimes but he was trying it too much v Elche and not really achieving all that much.

His touch is ropey and doesnt move ball quickly forward or have a zing out wide early either but has got better.

Positionally he needs to get better as well.

Will never get anywhere near the levels of a likes of VVD on the ball and calmness he has to make the right decision.

serghei

I'm a massive fan of Araujo, but Christensen is getting underrated here too. He's a good player with plenty of CL and International experience now who Chelsea wanted to keep and Bayern tried to sign. Not like we are trying to bring in Titus Bramble on a free deal.

We will renew Araujo as i'm sure everyone at the club is aware, like the fans are of his huge potential. Club will want to have both and not one or the other as they know strength in depth is needed.

I like both and think they could match well. Christensen would make a good Pique replacement.

Porque

Why should they be. Christensen has shown nothing special in his career so far, Araujo is the better player between them, who can still grow and become a great CB. There is a reason why United, Chelsea and Liverpool are ready to triple Barcas offer for Araujo, while no one but Barca is offering big money to Christensen, both Chelsea and Bayer try to lowball him.

Let me start by saying if the choice was Kessie/Christensen or Gavi/Araujo then I would take the latter ofc.

With that said, experience and quality over time rests with Kessie/Christensen hence why I would place their current wages higher.

Certainly for Kessie vs Gavi and closer with Araujo vs Chritsensen.

Christensen is a very good defender who could look better than he is because he has a style made for Barcelona. My major concern would be injury history prior to the last seasons, but then again, Araujo ha hads injury concerns as well.

So in the end I hope and expect that the Christensen wage offer is a consolidation of Lenglet and Umtiti leaving, and Kessie, Sergi Roberto.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
After Laporta fired the compliance officer Xavier Mas yesterday, he hired his personal friend, Sergi Atienza, who shared an office with Laporta on Avenida Diagonal for 7 years to be the new compliance officer.

The real FC Amigos.

iniestaGOAT

After Laporta fired the compliance officer Xavier Mas yesterday, he hired his personal friend, Sergi Atienza, who shared an office with Laporta on Avenida Diagonal for 7 years to be the new compliance officer.

The real FC Amigos.

Great decision. Kicking out all the closet madristas from the club.

serghei

I hope he doesn't fuck it up.

Relatively simple.

Stegen/X

Alba/Dest - Christensen/Pique - Araujo/Garcia - Mazaraoui/Dest

De Jong/Busquets/Kessie

Pedri/Gavi - Kessie/De Jong/Gavi

Ferran/Adama - Haaland/Memphis/Ferran - Fati/Ferran/Memphis

Would be ideal for next season.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

You missed Auba ;)

But yeah, looks good and quite doable. Even without Haaland I would be fine going into next season with that squad.

Home of Barca Fans