Javier Espinosa

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
What I meant was that the competition is fiercer at Barca. Still those who are talented are given the opportunity to showcase their talent. IE Thiago and Fontas just got promoted. Pedro and Busquets got promoted a couple of seasons ago.

Don't think Bellerin left because of too much competition, though. Was probably more about the money.

Valdivia

Can someone tell us whats he been up to lately?

I've always thought Espinosa will be the next big thing, whether he fulfills his potential or not, it will be disappointing to not see the lad given a chance with the big boys. From the footage I've seen, he looks like a morph between Kaka and Iniesta.

Trickykid

Can someone tell us whats he been up to lately?

I've always thought Espinosa will be the next big thing, whether he fulfills his potential or not, it will be disappointing to not see the lad given a chance with the big boys. From the footage I've seen, he looks like a morph between Kaka and Iniesta.

From what I can gather, Eusebio isn't a big fan of his. In the majority of the Barca b matches I watch, he's been getting subbed on real late - often way too late for him to make a difference. If Eusebio still doesn't rate him next season, I'm hoping for a loan deal in order to get some regular play time.

Aside from that, I just don't see how he'd ever have a chance of breaking through with the big boys. Our midfield is congested as it is, and I bet both Rafinha and Sergi Roberto will be ahead of Espinosa at the moment. When that is said, I really do like his style, and I'm hoping he'll be a hit where ever he ends up playing in a few years time from now.

Last edited:

Tonykross

I prefer Espinosa to Rafinha, I've watched several of Barca B matches and Rafinha has not really stood out, am I missing something ? maybe my expectations are to high of him.

WaveGnom

I prefer Espinosa to Rafinha, I've watched several of Barca B matches and Rafinha has not really stood out, am I missing something ? maybe my expectations are to high of him.

I can't believe you are serious here. By all means a very decent player, but Espinosa is nowhere near Rafinha's standards imo. Rafinha has been a dominating force for Barca B the whole season. Definitely one of the best players on the team, arguably the best.

Tonykross

I'm not saying he is not a good player, he just does not provide that "whoa" factor, as I said maybe my expectations are too high.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
From what I've seen, Rafinha hasn't been as impressive lately. He was incredible at the beginning of the season.

Maria

I can't believe you are serious here. By all means a very decent player, but Espinosa is nowhere near Rafinha's standards imo. Rafinha has been a dominating force for Barca B the whole season. Definitely one of the best players on the team, arguably the best.

Montoya and JDS had a better season then him and in the last 2 months Deulofeu has been the star. I don't know what has happend with Rafinha(he certainly looked amazing at the beginning of the season), but I hope that all this hype about him being better then Thiago didn't got on his head.

Also, Espinosa is a very talented kid and in Juvenil A he was just as impportant as Rafinha, Sergi Gomez or Deulofeu. But Eusebio is more reluctant to use him in Segunda because he is not as developed physically as the other 3. I expect him to play more next year, when JDS and Riverola will be gone.

Yugi

did play in the charity game in Tito team
looks like Tito noticed his talent? I still have high hopes for him, he is just like Iniesta

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
always was a gem. hope he had a few more minutes this season. it would have been more magnificent.

Maria

always was a gem. hope he had a few more minutes this season. it would have been more magnificent.

With only 5 minutes/game, we didn't get to see too much of him..but I hope that with the departure of Riverola, he will play more next season.

Mesu

Played so well in the preseason friendly vs Bayern. What a talent he is! Hate Eusebio for not giving him enough playing time that he deserves.

Home of Barca Fans