Jasper Cillessen

oneirophobos

Bravo and Mats didn't compete for anything. They had set roles and no matter how either one played those roles were not changing. Bojan might have something to say about it because of his raging hate-boner for Mats but Cillessen really would weaken us if he got that kind of responsibility.

Yes, I know how the league / cup matches agreement worked. Here I meant the word compete in the sense that Bravo and MAtS were ambitious players who played on the same level so for that reason them both having getting more match minutes a set individual goal for the upcoming season made perfect sense, it's only too bad that FCB could only put 1 at a time in the goal. It doesn't however make sense for Cillessen who is far subpar to MAtS (and Bravo) in quality to see himself as an equal competition for the no.1 spot - which nonetheless is the impression I got from the guy's first official interview. And I don't like it.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Albert Soler confirms he won't be available for the match against Athletic because of the paperwork or the lack thereof. It will be either Mats or Masip, hope Mats is fit. Masip for Athletic away could turn out bad.

Horatio

You're welcome
I lold fırst when I heard that of all people Cıllessen was headıng to Barca. Then I saw the prıce and realızed what Barca ıs doıng.

oneirophobos

Some bits from Jasper Cillessen's first statements as a FCB player: "I'm very happy to be here. I've talked to Luis Enrique. We didn't go into details, but playing goalkeeper is not that different here than at Ajax."

"I didn't play with Suárez at Ajax, but I'm sure we'll get along well here."

"It's very special to follow Cruyff as a Dutchman here. I knew him and talked to him. Knowing that he was here is a stimulus."

"Ter Stegen is a great goalkeeper, talented, a lot of footballing qualities and I'd like to be at his level. I can talk to Marc in English or German, I'm sure we'll get along well."

"I've had good feelings since I got here. The coach will decide who plays and I'll make it as difficult for him as I can."

"I want to do great things like Van der Saar who is an institution in the Netherlands. Hesp was also very good."

F

Flavia

http://www.espnfc.com/barcelona/sto...-challenge-marc-andre-ter-stegen-at-barcelona

Jasper Cillessen doesn't want to make an enemy out of Marc-Andre ter Stegen and is happy for Barcelona coach Luis Enrique to decide who he picks as his first-choice goalkeeper this season.
Cillessen, 27, was presented at Camp Nou on Friday after joining the club from Ajax in a deal which could eventually rise to €15 million as Claudio Bravo's replacement, after he signed for Manchester City.

Bravo has played La Liga games for the Catalan side for the last two seasons, while ter Stegen has featured in the Champions League and the Copa del Rey.
Cillessen says he's unaware of how the situation will unfold this year, but hopes the competition between the two goalkeepers will help them both to improve.

"I think the coach decides who plays, so all I can do is make it as hard as possible," he said. "We won't be enemies, we will push each other on and leave it up to the coach to make the decisions.
"I hope I can make it difficult [for Luis Enrique] as soon as possible, but first I need to adapt, coming from Amsterdam."

The Netherlands international won't be available for Sunday's league game against Athletic Bilbao due to paperwork issues, but he was able to train with his new teammates on Friday.
And he was given a particularly warm welcome by ter Stegen, as well as by former Ajax striker Luis Suarez.

"This morning [ter Stegen] welcomed me and I told him we can speak in English but also in German, because I speak a little German, and I think we can get along quite well," he said.
"I think he is a great goalkeeper, he showed that in Germany when he started and now here.

"His most important quality is his footballing skills and I hope I can be at the same level. It will be great to play with Luis, too. I didn't play with him at Ajax but I know all about him, of course.
"The first thing he said to me was in Dutch, asking me how I was, so he made me feel immediately at home."

Cillessen, who cited Edwin van der Sar as his role model, is now looking forward to "winning a lot of trophies and making people proud"-- both in the Netherlands and in Catalonia.

Horatio

You're welcome

Home of Barca Fans