Jasper Cillessen

JamDav1982

Diego Alves is not poor by any stretch!

I'd agree with you if second option was some random poor old guy... Diego Alves was perfect for this role, happy to sit on the bench and can be relied upon if ever needed.

Obviously Cilisen is happy to spend time on the bench as well.

The situation where the second keeper wants more football is just as likely to arise with him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I reaaally don't get this signing :(

Why bring another young GK that will certainly grow frustrated with lack of playing thus continuing this shitty situation and unhappiness of GKs ?

So we can sell him for profit later :troll: :robert: :lucho: :bartomeu:

God Serena

I reaaally don't get this signing :(

Why bring another young GK that will certainly grow frustrated with lack of playing thus continuing this shitty situation and unhappiness of GKs ?

He clearly understands the role he was signed for. Both Mats and Bravo signed here with the understanding that they'd be our first choice. Mats has the #1 jersey despite his inconsistent playing time, even. Not the same situation at all.

oneirophobos

He clearly understands the role he was signed for. Both Mats and Bravo signed here with the understanding that they'd be our first choice. Mats has the #1 jersey despite his inconsistent playing time, even. Not the same situation at all.

Does he? Genuine question, I watched the (short) FCB youtube interview and when asked what will be of chief importance for him at Barcelona, he replied to play a lot of matches, then repeated it later throughout the clip so it was rather odd to be honest. I'm getting a headache just thinking about it .. and kind of worried Robert and Lucho didn't disclose his expected role at the club (so, as a backup) as much as they should have when having the talks with the guy and now he's under impression that he was brought here to compete for #1 goalie choice in the tS/Bravo sense rather than in Masip/tS one. If that's the case, then there might be a pattern of "the goalie's expectations clashing with the intentions of the club" going on for a while :unsure: These speculations about giving CdR to the guy better be false as well, what's the point of getting through all this hassle and weakening our squad by switching Bravo for Cillessen if ter Stegen still doesn't become the undisputed undisputed starter for fuck's sake.

Vilarrubi

Do we think Mats will play La Liga, CL and Copa then? and Cillessen will just be on the bench?

I hope it's like that, excited to see Mats' passing week in week out!

F

Flavia

Do we think Mats will play La Liga, CL and Copa then? and Cillessen will just be on the bench?

I hope it's like that, excited to see Mats' passing week in week out!

Cillessen should play at least all the cdr matches.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
ter Stegen should play La Liga + CL with Cillessen taking the CDR.

However.....Cillessen should get the odd game here and there in the league + CL too. Before the cup games.

God Serena

Does he? Genuine question, I watched the (short) FCB youtube interview and when asked what will be of chief importance for him at Barcelona, he replied to play a lot of matches, then repeated it later throughout the clip so it was rather odd to be honest. I'm getting a headache just thinking about it .. and kind of worried Robert and Lucho didn't disclose his expected role at the club (so, as a backup) as much as they should have when having the talks with the guy and now he's under impression that he was brought here to compete for #1 goalie choice in the tS/Bravo sense rather than in Masip/tS one. If that's the case, then there might be a pattern of "the goalie's expectations clashing with the intentions of the club" going on for a while :unsure: These speculations about giving CdR to the guy better be false as well, what's the point of getting through all this hassle and weakening our squad by switching Bravo for Cillessen if ter Stegen still doesn't become the undisputed undisputed starter for fuck's sake.

Bravo and Mats didn't compete for anything. They had set roles and no matter how either one played those roles were not changing. Bojan might have something to say about it because of his raging hate-boner for Mats but Cillessen really would weaken us if he got that kind of responsibility.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
ter Stegen should play La Liga + CL with Cillessen taking the CDR.

However.....Cillessen should get the odd game here and there in the league + CL too. Before the cup games.

Exactly, he should get some "easier" home league games for example, to get some match fitness. CdR trophy should not be taken lightly.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Haha, he understands the situation and will be happy on the bench ... gotcha! let's revisit this next summer :)

Home of Barca Fans