James Rodriguez

I

instinct

Couldn't care less. We got Halilovic who is 5 years younger and if he develops properly, he'll probably be better than James now.

Adversus

He won the golden ball in Portugal, the youngest player to win it.

Had the most assists in the French league and a lot of media think he was the leagues best player.

He then went on to win the golden boot at the World Cup and I think he deserved the golden ball but at least was nominated for the best 11.

He's also played and scored in the CL.

At 23 I'm not too sure what more you think he could have done.

Vilarrubi

Had the most assists in the French league and a lot of media think he was the leagues best player.

He then went on to win the golden boot at the World Cup and I think he deserved the golden ball but at least was nominated for the best 11.

No-one is questioning how good he is... Although the French League and Portuguese League aren't the best. It's your comparison to the fee of Suarez and how it's more justifiable because of his age? If Barca are overpaying as you are suggesting because of Suarez' age then what would Madrid be doing if Suarez didn't prefer Barca and they paid the 100-120m they were going to? Whichever way you look at it the Suarez fee is actually reasonable if you look at his current form and what the market is like currently. Also one of the main reasons the Rodriguez fee is so inflated is actually because Monaco paid 48m last year for him.. a current trend with French clubs overpaying.

Trafalgar

Still we don't need that guy ...

Howes

I think the age argument is fair, I mean Suarez has had his peak years already, from 28 and on he's only going to get slower.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
And i bet RM fans say that "spending 80M on suarez is a huge risk since he could bite again and get his 1 year ban. he apologized but it doesn't mean he will succeed to stop biting other people".

That aside, i wonder how many of you all watched him play this season. (you know the same argument many here use against those who criticize mathieu...)

Anyways, i'm out.

Bertus, I wonder how come RM and other teams didn't rush to sign him before the WC? Their scouts didn't pay attention to him and therefore failed to discover this gem?

It would have been a lot cheaper. ;)

Howes

Not really. It varies from player to player, but a football player's peak years tend to be around 27-29.

It's a valid argument then, he will have 1 and a half season at what's usually deemed a players 'peak years' physically at Barcelona.
Hardly a great investment for he amount paid

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Bertus, I wonder how come RM and other teams didn't rush to sign him before the WC? Their scouts didn't pay attention to him and therefore failed to discover this gem?

It would have been a lot cheaper. ;)

Man Utd wanted him last season. But nobody wanted to pay what Porto wanted for him.

Adversus

I wasn't actually saying Barcs overpaid for Suarez, I even specifically said I think Suarez is better than I think most of you think he his. I rate him up there with Messi and CR.

All I said was due to their relative age James is actually about half the price given the amount of years Madrid will get from him.

slim boogy

Di Maria was amazing for real. A 3 of him, alonso and modric was perfect.

Kroos isn't as disciplined as alonso in the sitting role and James won't work as hard to cover the likes of cristiano and bale like di Maria did.

A football team needs balance. It's not play station.

Smacks of perez going back to his galactico route

GoobiePls

S♥NE
Di Maria was amazing for real. A 3 of him, alonso and modric was perfect.

Kroos isn't as disciplined as alonso in the sitting role and James won't work as hard to cover the likes of cristiano and bale like di Maria did.

A football team needs balance. It's not play station.

Smacks of perez going back to his galactico route

Who says that Kroos will displace Alonso. They could very well go with a midfield of Kroos, Alonso and Modric. All capable of great long balls for Ronaldo and Bale, while still creative and balanced enough to control the pace of the game against weaker teams.

xavi_the_Boss

Who says that Kroos will displace Alonso. They could very well go with a midfield of Kroos, Alonso and Modric. All capable of great long balls for Ronaldo and Bale, while still creative and balanced enough to control the pace of the game against weaker teams.

Then where would James Play?

Home of Barca Fans