James Rodriguez

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I love how last season everyone was like, "OMG Real are selling Ozil, Di Maria is so much worse, he's so inconsistent" and now it's all "OMG Real are selling Di Maria, James Rodriguez is so much worse, he's so overrated"

anguy

Twice as much then. Still doesn't change the fact that they sell their players for good value.

That's because they buy their players still young (under 25) so when they are reselling them, they still have value (Villa and Henry were exactly opposite examples). Plus they buy internationals, which adds to the price.

I love how last season everyone was like, "OMG Real are selling Ozil, Di Maria is so much worse, he's so inconsistent" and now it's all "OMG Real are selling Di Maria, James Rodriguez is so much worse, he's so overrated"

Nobody thought DiMaria was going to replace Ozil. He was supposed to compete against Bale on the wing. It was Isco, who was bought as Ozils replacement.

Adversus

On the issue of the fee, he's 23 and in 4 years will still be in his prime. Madrid will get 8 years out of him while with Suarez, Barca will only get 4.

Assume they go for the same price that still makes James half the price.

It makes sense to buy top players young even if they are expensive. Look at the value Real have got from CR and will also from Bale.

I'm not saying Suarez is a bad signing, for a club like Barca the fee isn't huge and he almost won the premiership for Liverpool last season. I think he's even better than some of you think he is, he's not too far behind CR and Messi.

Alarcón

On the issue of the fee, he's 23 and in 4 years will still be in his prime. Madrid will get 8 years out of him while with Suarez, Barca will only get 4.

It makes sense to buy top players young even if they are expensive. Look at the value Real have got from CR and will also from Bale.

I'm not saying Suarez is a bad signing, for a club like Barca the fee isn't huge and he almost won the premiership for Liverpool last season. I think he's even better than some of you think he is, he's not too far behind CR and Messi.

You are right about his age but it doesn't change the fact that he's not remotely as good as Suárez at the moment and we don't know what his further progression will look like. He might become as good as Ronaldo or he might remain around his current level which is not worth 85m. That's the risk. With Suárez, you don't get as many good years, but you also don't have the same risk.

Vilarrubi

On current form Suarez>>>>>>Rodriguez. Also just because Rodriguez is young and has a big fee who is to say that he will be on the same level as Ronaldo, Bale etc in the future? It's a lot for a player who they have bought mostly on World Cup form who they had no interest in before the World Cup. This is not to say I don't think he's great because I do.. just people trying to justify the Rodriguez fee and compare it to Suarez is laughable. I think a lot of people are forgetting Real Madrid were prepared to pay 100-120m for Suarez.....

Home of Barca Fans