James Rodriguez

Jombi

Even our club legend Bartomeu wouldn't have thought that. What a genius move from RM.

We did loan Ibra though after splashing 70m on him and got rid of world class Eto'o who fit our system perfectly on the cheap in exchange. With the incredible wages players like Ibra and James are on, if they dont play regularly, its tough for other clubs to ruin their own wage structure for such players.

khaled_a_d

Omg real Loan a player after years of getting good deals for the players they want to sell. See see Barca isn't that bad. Smh

Now watch then sell morata a player that comes off the bench for them got 80m euros, while we would struggle to get 15m for Alba if she choose to sell him lol

Morata was a starter in a team that finished second in CL, just hitting his prime. He isn't typically your bench player.
And I doubt RM will get 80M for him, it is already said they didn't get a single offer for him. And now the talking about he is ready to stay and fight for his place is there.
There is only few clubs that can go there and pay 80M. Barca,RM,PSG,Manu & Man City. Chelsea is possible but they have yet to prove it.
Only the doubtful Chelsea could go for him, and they are smartly talking about Aubameyang now.
So don't be surprised if they had to keep him because they can't sell him, or will have to accept they can't get what they want from him. It is almost Chelsea or bust for them.

Neeraj

This is one of the strangest deals I would have imagined. Everything about it is so weird.

Also, great business by Bayern. If only Evergrande accepted to loan us Paulinho :coffee:

Messi983

Marca reporting Bayern must buy him in 2019 for 60M€.

Still very strange they didn't sell him to United for 80M or so.

Jombi

Morata was a starter in a team that finished second in CL, just hitting his prime. He isn't typically your bench player.
And I doubt RM will get 80M for him, it is already said they didn't get a single offer for him. And now the talking about he is ready to stay and fight for his place is there.
There is only few clubs that can go there and pay 80M. Barca,RM,PSG,Manu & Man City. Chelsea is possible but they have yet to prove it.
Only the doubtful Chelsea could go for him, and they are smartly talking about Aubameyang now.
So don't be surprised if they had to keep him because they can't sell him, or will have to accept they can't get what they want from him. It is almost Chelsea or bust for them.

The amount of money they are demanding for him is insane though. He is a bench player and they want to sell. How on earth can they expect 80m euros for him I dont know. But if they rather keep him than selling him for 50m, then fine. He is a good player and he can take over from Benz if they dont sign Mbappe.

khaled_a_d

We did loan Ibra though after splashing 70m on him and got rid of world class Eto'o who fit our system perfectly on the cheap in exchange. With the incredible wages players like Ibra and James are on, if they dont play regularly, its tough for other clubs to ruin their own wage structure for such players.

Ibra was a bad deal and was thinking it might be the only sold player that is as worse as James. But tbf Ibra was 29,had problem with coach and wanted back to Italy. Only 1 year loan too.
So I would still consider James deal worse as he is at his prime,didn't really became a trouble maker and never played in Germany to ask to go their specifically, 2 years of him under Bayern control,can negotiate his price later when he is 28 and doesn't want to go back to RM.
Meh, I would say they were able to top Ibra selling stupidity.

JerseyAddict

[FONT=expressway_light]Die beiden Klubs verständigten sich auf ein zweijähriges Leihgeschäft bis 30. Juni 2019 mit anschließender Kaufoption für den FC Bayern München.

How high is "Kaufoption"? [/FONT]

JamDav1982

Ibra was a bad deal and was thinking it might be the only sold player that is as worse as James. But tbf Ibra was 29,had problem with coach and wanted back to Italy. Only 1 year loan too.
So I would still consider James deal worse as he is at his prime,didn't really became a trouble maker and never played in Germany to ask to go their specifically, 2 years of him under Bayern control,can negotiate his price later when he is 28 and doesn't want to go back to RM.

Barca effectively let Etoo leave for free and signed Villa for 90m with Ibra on loan for a season in between. Awful deal was buying him for that amount.

By time came to sell him there was no great market for him amongst teams he was willing to go to. Worst transfer can remember from Barca.

Jombi

You have to look at the wages of these players. Wages are just as important as transfer fees these days. The signing of Ibra was an utter disaster and we severely weakened our team by signing him and getting rid of Eto'o. Practically handed Inter the CL that year. James was good for RM and is a good player but tough to get playing time in that team. Its true, Ibra had a great reputation in Italy which made it easier to get rid of him, while James hasnt proven himself in Germany, Italy nor England.

khaled_a_d

Barca effectively let Etoo leave for free and signed Villa for 90m with Ibra on loan for a season in between. Awful deal was buying him for that amount.

By time came to sell him there was no great market for him amongst teams he was willing to go to. Worst transfer can remember from Barca.

I differentiated between the sell and the buy here tbh.
And not sure about the math, we paid 40M for Ibra + Eto, 40M for Villa,got 24 from Ibra.
You basically counted Eto as sold for 20M ,then said we let him free and didn't count what we get back later from Ibra. can only understand the last part

khaled_a_d

You have to look at the wages of these players. Wages are just as important as transfer fees these days. The signing of Ibra was an utter disaster and we severely weakened our team by signing him and getting rid of Eto'o. Practically handed Inter the CL that year. James was good for RM and is a good player but tough to get playing time in that team. Its true, Ibra had a great reputation in Italy which made it easier to get rid of him, while James hasnt proven himself in Germany, Italy nor England.

Agree with that. That is why I would think if you looked at Ibra deal to Milan without factoring Ibra deal from Inter, he is more understandable and less worse than James.

JamDav1982

And not sure about the math, we paid 40M for Ibra + Eto, 40M for Villa,got 24 from Ibra.
You basically counted Eto as sold for 20M ,then said we let him free and didn't count what we get back later from Ibra. can only understand the last part

Aye sorry it is about 70m wasted from Etoo to Villa.

Jombi

We bought Ibra for 70m. Eto'o+50m. Inter didnt want the Hleb garbage so it was 50m in cash. Inter of course prevented us from getting a CL double as a result.

Yannik

[FONT=expressway_light]Die beiden Klubs verständigten sich auf ein zweijähriges Leihgeschäft bis 30. Juni 2019 mit anschließender Kaufoption für den FC Bayern München.

How high is "Kaufoption"? [/FONT]

according to Bild who are quite reliable with Bayern pays €10m for the 2year loan and then they have the option to sign him permanently for €35,2m

Jombi

Agree with that. That is why I would think if you looked at Ibra deal to Milan without factoring Ibra deal from Inter, he is more understandable and less worse than James.

Not sure about that. Ibra's reputation in Italy was incredible, while James has no reputation in any league really. But it is a bad deal by RM if there is no annual loan fee. No club willing to smash their own wage structure for him most likely. If James joins and becomes by far the best paid player in his new team, all other stars in that team will demand more as well.

Home of Barca Fans