James Rodriguez

Beast

The Observer
Seems to me like he is a great talent, but then again he's already 23 (in July I believe)- that's not really that young anymore. He only scored 10 goals in 38 appearances, with 12 assists for Monaco. Let's not forget that although Ligue 1 is entertaining, it's not a top league.

Suarez' scoring record is infinitely better and lets not forget how he also creates and brings his teammates into the game. He also does it in the EPL which no one can argue is a very competitive league. Suarez over Rodriguez isn't even a question to me.

I honestly feel bad for the guy. He seems like a good dude and his teammates all like him. Do you think he honestly WANTS to bite; he looks just as shocked as everyone else when he does it. Probably suffered some kind of awful abuse as a child and acts out biting when he's heavily stressed. He's the type of guy that gets emotional and will cry when his team falls short- do you think he'd actively want to bite someone during the World Cup, on the international stage in front of the whole world, knowing that it will likely ban him from playing and participating? I can't excuse the racist remarks (supposedly, I still think that might have been exaggerated perhaps) or the blocking a shot with his hands- although in that case I think anyone would do that same thing.

We'd be lucky to have Suarez- I'd just hate to lose Sanchez because I'd love to see him playing for us at his true potential.

Has anyone told you Rodriguez doesn't play as a striker or not yet ?

L

linetty

He has said to the press he prefers rm to Barça. Falcao and James from monaco to rm this summer.
He was asked if he’d prefer Real Madrid, Barcelona or Atleti, to which he laughed responding, “I like Madrid more.”

He likes Madrid more, which not necessarily mean Real.

Mitchell1978

What are we? RM galacticos? Lets buy every top players that pops up regardless of how they will fit in the team. Its not always about buying the best players but about buying players that fit with the team. He is a great player but there's no room for him at barça.

Butaan4barca

What are we? RM galacticos? Lets buy every top players that pops up regardless of how they will fit in the team. Its not always about buying the best players but about buying players that fit with the team. He is a great player but there's no room for him at barça.

agred on first part, but on the second its about making our own, : la massiah. And thats what we have always taken pride of.

Galning

A good World Cup and all of a sudden we should be interested in him. Moving on. An attacking midfielder is the last thing we need.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
A good World Cup and all of a sudden we should be interested in him. Moving on. An attacking midfielder is the last thing we need.

Yup. I can still buy him in FIFA though :D.

In all seriousness, Manchester Utd. should have picked him up when they had the chance last summer.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Looks to be a brilliant player. Madrid should try to buy him after they sell Ronaldo in a couple of years.

M

Messi4life

I do not understand why everyone praises James Rodriguez. I watched the game yesterday and looked at him a little extra, in addition to the goals, he was not at all involved in the game that much, nothing on the drive with the ball and as he beat out some simple mis-pass.

That people start to even say that he's a superstar is for me laughable. Wait until the Friday after the game against Brazil for then he and Colombia come across one of those better teams this tournament, and so will the Colombian mediocre central defenders Cristian Zapata and Mario Yepes set on a much bigger test. Namely, to meet Neymars speed and technique, which is a little difference toward meeting compared with Cavani and Diego Forlan.

NotInHere

I think were getting ahead of ourselves..sure he has scored magnificent goals, but every sport has a breakout athlete, Ill name an example: Basketball

Anyone who watches basketball will be familiar with Jermey Linn, nobody knew this kid, he was just a nobody in the NBA when all of the sudden he turned into a superstar overnight in the New York knicks, he was posting up stellar numbers.. And you know what happened? He went to another team and since then he has returned back to reality.

I think James is one of those stories, while it is nice seeing him breakout, I highly doubt he could ever be a superatar like Suarez, Messi, and Ronaldo.

I honestly didnt even know who he was before this WC, usually you start to hear stories about cracks when there young.

Home of Barca Fans