Jadon Sancho

Leo_Messi

He is a big talent, no doubt.

But well, Dormund will fleece us for 120M+ at least. And I think Malcom should be given a proper chance first. Then we can talk about a new winger.

And then there is Man City clause, giving them right to match any offer. So, I don't think he would come cheap, else they will trigger the clause.

Also, getting a striker, LB & CB(De Ligt) are a bigger priority atm.

I was not saying a word about buying him now. Merely that he was one to follow closely in the immediate future.

Obviously he won't come cheap. No player with this kind of talent, potential and young age will move on for cheap.

I agree with a striker (number 9) being a bigger priority, finding a cheap substitute for Alba and possibly a CB. Not sure if De Ligt is the best option though. I prefer the player profile (quicker, more athletic and pretty much a complete CB) of Ibrahima Konaté.

BBZ8800

Why are we not going for this lad, he's quality and can play any wing

Because we can't be after every single lad.
We are already on a verge of paying 170-180m for two guys on a field, 20m for their agents and 12-15m NET per year for each of them.

Even with current transfers we are one of the biggest spenders in the world and we already have the highest wage bill in the world.

MTL_Barca

He was 17 when he joined Dortmund and City wanted to keep him, can't call that a flop. And judging a young player on a couple of CL games is pointless. Just watch him play, it's clear as day he is a special talent.

But that isn't surprising so i wouldn't call it genius scouting by Dortmund. Sancho was a known talent, he was already at City and many other big clubs were after him as well but he chose playing time and it seems to pay off for him. We'll see where he ends up but if he can keep this up he can become a beast. Still just 19 so he's 4 years younger than Sane and 3 years younger than Dembele for example.

PL clubs will go crazy over him next summer if he can repeat his great season.

Home of Barca Fans