Jackson Martinez

BarcaJack

Chinese league beat Liverpool to sign Teixeira from Shakhtar Donetsk. 50 million euros... Are Chinese all MAD... :w000t:

MasChe

we should really really try with Douglas.
it's like stocks,timing is everything and now is the right time!

Yannik

I think at this point it's still difficult to lure players for chinese clubs. They offer immense wages, we all know that, but that's not convincing everyone to give up a future in football.
They are limited into signing those, who actually want to go there, and those are relatively few and there is no alternative to them, that's why chinese clubs forced to pay the huge prices that the selling clubs demand. They can't say "oh ok, Zenit want's 90m for Hulk, thats too much maybe I should go with Saio Mané for less instead" because Mané might probably not want to play in china.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
we should really really try with Douglas.
it's like stocks,timing is everything and now is the right time!

People on redcafe also dreaming about selling Fellaini and Rooney to Chinese:lol:. I think it will work out well for European clubs, - they will just get rid of flops for insane amount of money.

oggydude

Money talks though, personally I didn't expect City/Chelsea to overcome United/Liverpool/Arsenal dominance in the league and with PSG are also becoming real contenders in the CL. Slowly but eventually if the Chinese investors perverse for a long enough time they will become a major player in world football, the Arab teams could also copy this model and overcome the dominance of European teams in club football. City/Chelsea probably have more fans in South America than Milan.

Jombi

I think at this point it's still difficult to lure players for chinese clubs. They offer immense wages, we all know that, but that's not convincing everyone to give up a future in football.
They are limited into signing those, who actually want to go there, and those are relatively few and there is no alternative to them, that's why chinese clubs forced to pay the huge prices that the selling clubs demand. They can't say "oh ok, Zenit want's 90m for Hulk, thats too much maybe I should go with Saio Mané for less instead" because Mané might probably not want to play in china.

Lots of players will though. They said the same about City and Chelsea and PSG etc etc when they first got all the oil money.

Jombi

People on redcafe also dreaming about selling Fellaini and Rooney to Chinese:lol:. I think it will work out well for European clubs, - they will just get rid of flops for insane amount of money.

Alex Teixeira certainly is no slouch. He is considered better than Douglas Costa was in Shaktar.

Yannik

Lots of players will though. They said the same about City and Chelsea and PSG etc etc when they first got all the oil money.

That's different. You don't give up on european football, prestige or a future as a footballer by moving to England or France.

El Flaco

Jombi

That's different. You don't give up on european football, prestige or a future as a footballer by moving to England or France.

But players did choose money over ambition when they went there. Players who were in their prime dropped out of CL and European football to play for mid-table teams and the money in Chelsea, City etc. Players who went to Chelsea instead of Milan or Inter were laughed at. Anzhi Machkachkala is another example until the owner folded.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans