Jackson Martinez

F

Flavia

It is certainly crazy. If you look at the top transfers made in this winter transfer window in terms of sheer $ the highest ones were mostly acquired by C-League (Chinese Super League and League One) clubs. Brazilian players glore, some of who are even current or former Brazil NT players.

Where does the money come from? Most Chinese clubs are owned by enterprises/companies but I am not really clear as to what exactly they are as I am not following C-League that much. I know a few companies are real estate companies (for example the one that owns Guangzhou Evergrande). I have no idea where they got all the money from. I guess some of them have been riding high and cashing in on our relatively booming economy (but has been making a down turn lately).

I fear a bubble is in the making and will burst one day. I hope I am wrong.

I read about the chinese league selling their tv rights from 2016-20 for 1 billion euros. Is that true?

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Why are people surprised that China has money ? lol

They have the greatest (by far) number of new millionaires each year .. obviously there are a lot of companies and businessman multiplying their wealth too.

Great business by ATM though, recognizing the mistake and chipping him off this fast, with profit, kudos!

Yannik

Chinese Super League fans watching the transfer window like

1.gif

Last edited:

StarLord

Why are people surprised that China has money ? lol

They have the greatest (by far) number of new millionaires each year .. obviously there are a lot of companies and businessman multiplying their wealth too.

Great business by ATM though, recognizing the mistake and chipping him off this fast, with profit, kudos!

People in general have not yet come to terms with China's fledgling superpower status. If the Chinese CP manages to keep things going (China's enemies will do everything possible to derail that) even at a decelerated rate, then China would (at least economically) soon dwarf even the USA. European states will be mosquitoes in comparison.

As for the money available to the Chinese economy, simply forget the rubbish you read in the mainstream press. China's economy generates much more savings each year than even the US's, and by some considerable margin at that.

Barcilliant

People in general have not yet come to terms with China's fledgling superpower status. If the Chinese CP manages to keep things going (China's enemies will do everything possible to derail that) even at a decelerated rate, then China would (at least economically) soon dwarf even the USA. European states will be mosquitoes in comparison.

As for the money available to the Chinese economy, simply forget the rubbish you read in the mainstream press. China's economy generates much more savings each year than even the US's, and by some considerable margin at that.

This is so true.

China had 35% of global gdp before British Imperialism destroyed it with opium. India had 27% of global gdp before the damn Brits tore the country apart.
Both cultures emphasise savings too and both buy alot of gold. China and India always were superpowers but they're only now beginning to rediscover their place in the world today.

i_bleed_blaugrana

This is so true.

China had 35% of global gdp before British Imperialism destroyed it with opium. India had 27% of global gdp before the damn Brits tore the country apart.
Both cultures emphasise savings too and both buy alot of gold. China and India always were superpowers but they're only now beginning to rediscover their place in the world today.

You can also thank them for the shit show that is the Middle East today.

EdmondDantes

Have any Chinese DOFs ever heard of a certain legendary treble winning full back that's in our books?

They could have a Barcelona star for a mere 50 million. A trifle...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I mean if they overpay by that much for Martinez, indeed perhaps Douglas could be exported too! Shame the window has closed

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Won't be inflating the market. The best won't go there and if a club says the chinese offered more, than you have the upper hand cuz it means noone else in europe offers more.

Home of Barca Fans