Jack Wilshere

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Thiago
Roberto
Sampler

Don't be ridiculous. Thiago isn't better than Wilshere and Roberto isn't anywhere near Thiago. Thiago is extremly talented but Wilshere has much more experience and has shined in big matches. When Sampler makes an appearance for the first team then you can mention him. Wilshere is a couple of steps behind Busquets, he is far ahead of the fringe players you mentioned.

jamrock

Pep did say in masia so the fact that Roberto and samper doesn't play first team football doesn't count. In fact to put thiago there was unfair to wilshere.

:lol:

Theconomist

I repeat what I've said again, I've watched Wilshere pre injury and have been watching him lately; he hasn't progressed in 2 years.

Mr Hulot

This guy does not need to improve. He just needs to stay in Arsenal, play with the same passion every game as he does now, become Arsenal's leader/Puyol and inspire some of those mercenaries to actually care for the team. He did not play that well, but I found his perfomance moving..

oz187

People saying Wilshere is better than Thiago reminds of when Arsenal fans were universally adamant Fabregas was better than Iniesta :lol:

Thiago steps into the Barcelona midfield and doesn't look out of place. Not looking out of place when you're replacing Xavi or Iniesta, possibly(probably?) the 2 greatest midfielders of all time says everything about his quality. He's still a squad player so doesn't have as many opportunities to shine as Isco and Wilshere, but he's superior to both of them. Don't take this as a slight though, I been impressed with Wilshere. If he improves he could even be close to Barca midfield quality, I think he's got the potential to even be better than Scholes/Gerrard.

Mr Hulot

Wilshere is better for the Arsenal way of playing ad Thiago is better for Barcelona's way of playing. No need to compare them!

Sezmic

His passion is what separates him from Thiago and what will make him improve and become the world's best.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't even know how Samper got in this conversation, he's still only 17!!! I think Roberto is more of a well rounded utility player but doesn't have what it takes to be a real star, although I'd love for him to prove me wrong. Thiago is better than Wilshere, but Wilshere is one of the few quality English youngsters I have seen in a long, long time. He's a great leader and Arsenal is pretty damn lucky for him to be so loyal.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Wilshere is better for the Arsenal way of playing ad Thiago is better for Barcelona's way of playing. No need to compare them!

No there is no need as Wilshere is a cut above the ones mentioned here. When Thiago makes it, he will be better than Wilshere but so far his games have been ranging between very good and bad.

oz187, Thiago hasn't replaced Xavi and Iniesta well, rather he does well for his age and experience. Just because Wilshere is English and is an Arsenal player doesn't mean he isn't better than what is in La Masia/first team. His technique, hustle, passing, and tackling are splendid and all he has to do now is continue to play. Iniesta wasn't half what Wilshere is now at the same age, but exploded when he was 24. If Wilshere isn't surrounded by failures and isn't managed by a historic coach, he'd be up for Ballon d'Or in 1-2 years time.

F

Frejsgodes

His passion is what separates him from Thiago and what will make him improve and become the world's best.
684utw.gif

Sezmic

No there is no need as Wilshere is a cut above the ones mentioned here. When Thiago makes it, he will be better than Wilshere but so far his games have been ranging between very good and bad.

oz187, Thiago hasn't replaced Xavi and Iniesta well, rather he does well for his age and experience. Just because Wilshere is English and is an Arsenal player doesn't mean he isn't better than what is in La Masia/first team. His technique, hustle, passing, and tackling are splendid and all he has to do now is continue to play. Iniesta wasn't half what Wilshere is now at the same age, but exploded when he was 24. If Wilshere isn't surrounded by failures and isn't managed by a historic coach, he'd be up for Ballon d'Or in 1-2 years time.

Agree with everything you said. Fantastic post.

jamrock

So?
As it relates to the ballon d'or part stop talking crap, if he move to bar a today he couldn't come close to winning it in two years

Dude's a good player and will be one of the better players of his generation, but his talent level isn't anything special

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans