Ivan Rakitić

johantenenbaum

in 2014 (when we signed him) he was really bad until january 2015. Team was bad actually. Neymar, Suarez and Leo was having trouble with Zubizaretta. Board sacked him and suddenly we improved on the field. Lucho also was having trouble with Leo and Suarez and they worked it out. Even Rakitic started to play superb. However I always criticized his style. He scored good amount of goals, his passing was ok, his zonal defence was ok but he wasn't that good. He never was a creative midfielder in Barcelona eventhough he played as attacking midfielder before. And now Valverde counts on him too much. Even when he plays bad which he only played good couple of games this season he always found himself in the starting 11.

EV is a traditional person who always counts on same players, same tactics and never tries to do something new. He even played with Rakitic-Vidal midfield in the first 2 months of this season and what do you know, we played really bad. And then he replaced Vidal with Arthur and suddenly things started to work out. And fast-forward to this last 2 months, Arthur attended Neymar's sisters birthday party before El Clasico and Valverde cut Arthur from the starting 11. Granted Vidal played really good 3-4 games including Liverpool games, Rakitic was nowhere to be seen eventhough he was allegedly on the field. Valverde didn't think of replacing him one second. He didn't use Arthur even after he apologized. He never challenged Rakitic's poor form by replacing him with Arthur nor Alena. And now we have this player in our hand. What are we going to do with him? I don't know. Bartomeu promised De Jong that they will sell Rakitic but then they extended Valverde's contract and Valverde wants Rakitic to stay. Suffice to say, if we had Valverde as our coach back in the day, we wouldn't have xavi-iniesta at all. We need to get rid of Rakitic and we need to get rid of Valverde.

xXKonan

What did he post?

D6ELDsZWsAAu4Mu.jpg

Basically, he was hanging out in Seville taking photos and all smiles not even a full 24 hours after the debacle.

Potroh

WTF. Yeah, that's a big shame..

Big shame to smile on a photo?
Yes the other friend/guy whomever he is did a bad job posting the photo, and the timing is really bad, but professional players are rarely very emotional after a backfall.

Do you want them to cry 24 hours at least?

They are usually not the crying type. Yes, in the heat of traumatic moments they might, but it doesn't last too long and shouldn't last long.
If they learn the individual and collective lessons from a great fizzle, it's enough.
Mere crying leads nowhere...

Neymessi

Well, the club is definitely right here. You can't be doing that just less than 1 day after that embarrassment. I am just a fan and I found it tough to stay positive the whole next day and he as a player should be feeling much more. This just shows your laid back attitude

Total-Football

I massively disagree.. couldnt give a flying fuck about what they do outside the pitch.. 24 hours or 24 minutes. remorse should be shown on the pitch.. everyone can cry and sob..

booge

my history on this forum shows im a rakitic supporter and wanted him to stay albeitmaybe a bench role but this is it.it's over now.

i hope messi sees this dog breed smiling picture and kicks his ass out of the club.

im a rakitic out.

so for me rakitic and coutinho out so far. and of course the manager.

Andrew M

I've also supported Rakitic in the past but it's time he was shown the door. Sick of seeing his crappy haircut too

FinBarcelonafan

Big shame to smile on a photo?
Yes the other friend/guy whomever he is did a bad job posting the photo, and the timing is really bad, but professional players are rarely very emotional after a backfall.

Do you want them to cry 24 hours at least?

They are usually not the crying type. Yes, in the heat of traumatic moments they might, but it doesn't last too long and shouldn't last long.
If they learn the individual and collective lessons from a great fizzle, it's enough.
Mere crying leads nowhere...

This has happened multiple time in a row. Showing your happy face after another disaster shows you don't give a shit. I don't want to see an attitude like that. I want them to cry because that shows at last they cared.. I hope they care enough to change this team for better. This team is done, they need to change it, management (Coach) and some old VETS need to go.

Home of Barca Fans