Ivan Rakitić

LordLichtenstein

Rakitić has played 32 x 90 & 65 minutes this season. In other words, he has missed 39.4% of the season. After todays match, he will have missed 40.5 %.

Maybe Lucho is resting him a bit too much.

Last edited:

Kohe321

The way Rakitic is playing makes a good amount of rest necessary though. He's pretty much everywhere on the pitch, be it running into the box as a scoring threat, working the midfield around Messi or covering for Alves in defense. He needs a bit of rest to be able to fulfill his role in the team as it's so demanding, but when he's rested he is incredbily important for us. As he showed against Bayern. :)

I have become such a fan of Rakitic :barcascarf:

e28makaveli

The way Rakitic is playing makes a good amount of rest necessary though. He's pretty much everywhere on the pitch, be it running into the box as a scoring threat, working the midfield around Messi or covering for Alves in defense. He needs a bit of rest to be able to fulfill his role in the team as it's so demanding, but when he's rested he is incredbily important for us. As he showed against Bayern. :)

I have become such a fan of Rakitic :barcascarf:

Me too.

J

Jamie Cal

Love the guy. I do still wonder if we kept Cesc, and played him WITH Rak, would that have worked. Cesc's longballs could'a been good under Lucho's iteration. But still, I don't worry about it, he had his go, and there's plenty of options out there for us to divulge in.

anguy

Love the guy. I do still wonder if we kept Cesc, and played him WITH Rak, would that have worked. Cesc's longballs could'a been good under Lucho's iteration. But still, I don't worry about it, he had his go, and there's plenty of options out there for us to divulge in.

Yeah Fabregas/Raktic duo would have been amazing, I think better than Iniesta/Raktic.

Yeah Fabregas/Raktic duo would have been amazing, I think better than Iniesta/Raktic.

I don't think so, it might have been better for the first half of the season but Cesc can't hold on to the ball for shit and would't be able to hold off pressure from munich/psg/city/atletico/real like iniesta/raki/xavi.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
He was by far our best midfielder in a night which our midfield didn't show up at all.
He started slowly but now I can't imagine our team without him. :halilovic:

Jombi

Rakitic has been an absolute steal. I knew he'd be an improvement over that childish, petulant Cesc.
He offers so much in terms of work rat, defence and offence.

Rakitic had a year left on his contract. Its wrong to judge prices simply based on ability when contract duration plays a huge part as well. 25m euros for a player with less than a year left on his contract is not cheap! In fact, he is probably one of the top 5 most expensive players in the world among players who had only a year left on their contracts.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It was 18 million, not 25, I think.

If you want to speak of durations: Neymar had a year left only too and yet we paid through the roof.

Rakitic also had an offer from Real at the same time Barca made theirs but he picked us when we won nothing instead of CL winners and playing with Modrić.
One more reason to appreciate him.

AL-MALKI

It was 18 million, not 25, I think.

If you want to speak of durations: Neymar had a year left only too and yet we paid through the roof.

Rakitic also had an offer from Real at the same time Barca made theirs but he picked us when we won nothing instead of CL winners and playing with Modrić.
One more reason to appreciate him.

This is why I like the guy

For me in some games he stand out as the best player on the pitch in others he is gone missing .. I noted in a few times that his teammates don't pass the ball to him like they don't trust his control or the fluidity of his passing but overall he has been good....my only concern is on the defensive part he has to work more on his positioning while defending to cut off the other teams from making a pass that's the only negative IMO

Home of Barca Fans