Ivan Rakitić

Zidane82

It is a fact when 99.9% of people think that way. You only need to open your eyes and stop being biased. Claiming that Busi is some kind of a genius nowadays is just absurd. Today's version of Busi wouldn't excel even with prime Xavi and Iniesta. He has declined big time!

99.9% is yet another opinion , for what it’s worth...

Last edited:

Zidane82

It is a fact when 99.9% of people think that way. You only need to open your eyes and stop being biased. Claiming that Busi is some kind of a genius nowadays is just absurd. Today's version of Busi wouldn't excel even with prime Xavi and Iniesta. He has declined big time!

I said that he still provides moments of genius ( brilliance) ..

He’s simply suffering from playing with lacklustre players ... imho

Afromaticz

It hurts to say this but you're 100% right.. Busi should be nowhere near our first 11.

Afromaticz

Play Busqs next season alongside FDJ and Vidal and note the difference..

I dont think that midfield is good enough to challenge for the champions league imo.
Dont get me wrong i like Vidal the guy is decent but we did buy him a few years too late and Busquets is out here lookin like a pensioner so that basically leaves us with De Jong and perhaps Arthur who are good enough to compete.

We desperately need some steal in the middle of the park but we're too busy chasing Griez and Ney

Arizona Scott

Play Busqs next season alongside FDJ and Vidal and note the difference..

I think if Rakitic played with FDJ and Arthur we would see a world of difference too.

I'd rather move on from both. If I was keeping one it would be Rakitic, who we would not have to stick in front of our back 4 and contributes to more goals. But I know that less politically feasible, there seems no appetite for trying to move Busi or force him out. It is fine if Zidane wants to keep Busi and move Rakitic, it is opinion, there certainly isn't hard data one performed clearly better than the other last year.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Manchester United have made contact with Barca of Rakitic's transfer. He could be sold for 50M if Pogba decides to leave.

Wouldnt mind Pogba here tbh if we were to offer them a swap deal, would be pretty good in front of FDJ and Arthur. Think He has his eyes set on Madrid though like hazard before him.

Zidane82

I think if Rakitic played with FDJ and Arthur we would see a world of difference too.

I'd rather move on from both. If I was keeping one it would be Rakitic, who we would not have to stick in front of our back 4 and contributes to more goals. But I know that less politically feasible, there seems no appetite for trying to move Busi or force him out. It is fine if Zidane wants to keep Busi and move Rakitic, it is opinion, there certainly isn't hard data one performed clearly better than the other last year.
They play different roles though.. Busqs plays deeper than Raks and drops in between the two CBs when the fullbacks are bombing up the wings ..then he’s THE link between the defence and the forward thinking players .
Rakitic simply goes missing in games and it became more and more noticeable . An assist and the odd goal here and there but is dreadfully slow over the ground so he isn’t tackling , rarely tries a long pass for some reason..
Rakitic’s ineffectiveness effects Busqs but Busqs playing has no effect whatsoever on Rakitic’s game .

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

In light of these recent United rumours, it's amusing to take a peek at Man U forums, and comments on tabloid articles regarding the news, to see that the vast majority of Manchester United fans do not want anything to do with Rakitic in their team. The world can see he's beyond past it.

According to the man himself though, he's the one to - verbally - claim he has a guaranteed 'occupied' spot in our starting 11. Not Pele, not Maradona, Rakitic. After the season he's had, how he played against Liverpool (180'). Talk about delusion...

Most arrogant statement I've ever come across from a footballer. It's hard to think of a way he'd be more unwelcoming towards de Jong.

abbbs97

Never wanted a player to leave Barca like I do for Rakitic. He's one of the most deluded and entitled Barca players right now. I dont care for how much he'll be sold, I just want him gone.
He should leave and take his wife, Valverde, with him too.

Tekkers

In light of these recent United rumours, it's amusing to take a peek at Man U forums, and comments on tabloid articles regarding the news, to see that the vast majority of Manchester United fans do not want anything to do with Rakitic in their team. The world can see he's beyond past it.

According to the man himself though, he's the one to - verbally - claim he has a guaranteed 'occupied' spot in our starting 11. Not Pele, not Maradona, Rakitic. After the season he's had, how he played against Liverpool (180'). Talk about delusion...

Most arrogant statement I've ever come across from a footballer. It's hard to think of a way he'd be more unwelcoming towards de Jong.

i'd be real wary about having him train with FdJ. those comments he made really revealed the resentment he held towards the guy. wouldn't want to risk any "accidents" happening out there

Home of Barca Fans