Ivan Rakitić

BigBarcaBoy

he doesnt play like this in barca because the system is to just pass the ball to messi and let him initiate the attack. its the same thing in argentina. if i see this same "play everything through messi" football next season while barca have coutinho, dembele and some new midfielders then i might just quit watching them.

its not that this team doesnt have talent its just that they refuse to utilise them. rakitic didnt just suddenly become this player overnight, he was this exact player at sevilla, but unfortunately since joining barca the national team is the only chance he's had to display his talents
Bye bye then

Saladin

DEAR GOD WHAT A GAME FROM HIM! Maybe the best game of his life!!!!! HE WAS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Rakitic was fucking boss again today. Easily one of my top 3 players at Barca for the last year. Him and Modric is utter insanity in a midfield.

Judoman

Very happy for Rakitic, he was a boss today and he showed how good he really is. Croatia has awesome team, also happy for them.

Regarding Valverde, who is now the favorite pinata doll...he did what he could with the team he was given with all the drama in the summer. The next season will show if he can be a good manager.

The cause of Barca problems is Messi s desire to play in the middle and also....he doesn t cover enough ground.

Everything is harder because of this constant issue. I m sure that if he played on the wing with more movement, this current Barca team, without any MF reinforcements would dominate.

sundar

This guy is seriously underrated. Completely dominated the midfield. He should play like this rather looking for Messi or making safe passes.

BBZ8800

This guy is seriously underrated. Completely dominated the midfield. He should play like this rather looking for Messi or making safe passes.

As some others said, we force teams to park buses, with our slow transition and with playing safely.
Then, when the opponents park the bus, we try our possession game and 100s passes in tight spaces and we have to pass every ball to Messi.
For example, Rakitic is bad in that type of a game.

He had lots of awesome longballs in the first match.
Today he had a lot of forward passes, long balls, he hit a crossbar from a freekick, scored a goal, work hard in closing down Arg's midfield.

Maybe Barca should move away from slowing down our game and passing every ball to Messi.
Messi is getting older and we need to move from Messipendencia.
We need more variation in our game and more new players stepping up (not only waiting for Messi).

xXKonan

Funny but outside Barcas roster he has performed the best.
Different teams and systems.

He can perform well in Croatia and look really good but also look limited at Barca with a different system, It's just how things are. I think their is one consistent factor though, he thrives more in a double pivot setup than lets say a 4-3-3 these days.

In a 4-3-3 well especially under Lucho it was demanding. He wasn't a creator but he fit in as he had Messi and Alves with most of the creative duties and he helped linked up and covered a lot of ground. But when we lost Alves and Messi wanting to be in the middle Rakitic looked nowhere near as good as he also has a lot of mileage on them legs which also takes a toll.

Says a lot that Rakitic started to look good when he was played in a deeper role, as it suits him much more now than the 4-3-3.

Home of Barca Fans