Ivan Rakitić

jairzinho

Every coach has his personal favorites. I think it's safe to assume now that Raki is clearly a Valverde favorite.

Dado

Im reading this and i don´t get it. Did we watch the same game?

He created atleast 4 chances, and all the goals we received went trough the left side.

Player rankings on the net:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/barcelona-2-2-celta-vigo-11626747
Ivan Rakitic 6

A couple of nice passes but lacked goal threat and sacrificed for Paco Alcacer as Barcelona looked for a winner.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/la-liga-2017-18-barcelona-2-2-celta-vigo-player-ratings

Ivan Rakitic: 8/10

The Croat was a willing runner in the midfield. He covered for his fullbacks and then contributed going forward as well. He looks to be getting back to his best after a below-par start to this season.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/liga/2017-2018/barcelona-v-celta-vigo-live_sto6429547/story.shtml

Rakitic 7

https://sportsactuantes.com/2017/12/02/barcelona-2-2-celta-vigo-player-ratings/

Rakitic - 6,9

:thinking:

Zuti

This thread has become unreadable, some people are going way overboard with their " criticism" and everyone else is just jumping on the happy hate train. His performances are far from great most of the time, but boy do people overreact, he ain't awful, not anymore then the rest of the team bar Messi, Matts and Umtiti this season.

FCBfan22

This thread has become unreadable, some people are going way overboard with their " criticism" and everyone else is just jumping on the happy hate train. His performances are far from great most of the time, but boy do people overreact, he ain't awful, not anymore then the rest of the team bar Messi, Matts and Umtiti this season.

If you look in the match thread, I said that he was good in the beginning (where he created a few chances). But soon he begun doing the same old shit again and went invisible on the pitch. He needs to be benched and fight for his spot on the pitch. What makes things worse is that he has shown us what he's capable to do against Sevilla and Asspanyol. Most of the time he plays (except for those two games), he seems like he can't be arsed to run, make a forward pass, play a man through and help defending the opposition's left winger (that's why Semedo and Roberto suffer a lot + they must cover for Pique, who is slow and clumsy).

There is one major difference between Suarez and Rakitić this season. Suarez is trying to do something, but for whatever reason (being finished/out of form/injured) can't/fails miserably. On the other hand, Rakitić looks like he's on the pitch just because he has to be and doesn't bother to try and create something, but we all know that he can, as he has shown against Sevilla and Asspanyol.

JerseyAddict

But sayin he was the worst today is not true. And people are gettin used to point finger at him all the time. It is safest to do. No one will oppose cause Raki is semishit this season with flashes of good/brilliant. I agree that he is way way underperforming but today he was realy not the worst.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
People are on his back because he's been underperforming for a long time now. There's one thing to have a bad run of form like Pique is having this season and another thing to have a bad run of many months and even a couple of years..

He's been underperforming for two years where he's had some good games and flashes of brilliance in between, but he's playing for Barca in a very important position. This is not good enough and he's lucky that our board and management been incompetent enough not to sign anyone decent yet or else he would be on the bench.

FCBfan22

The thing is that great players perform good in most of the games and have a shit game once in a while. He is exactly opposite.

xXKonan

I wonder if this dude is even motivated with football in general anymore.

He's won everything you could win for us at a club level and he's checked out, it feels the same with the Croatian national team, he looks like he just shows up and does the bare minimum while the likes of Modric does all the heavy lifting in the Midfield.

Messi983

Im reading this and i don´t get it. Did we watch the same game?

He created atleast 4 chances, and all the goals we received went trough the left side.

Haters gonna hate. :)

I've given up and usually don't even read this thread anymore.

ASordidGod

In fairness he put in one great cross for Paulinho, and straight after second goal fired a good ball through for Suarez that he, shock, horror, miscontrolled. Overall though he was still a passenger for long periods, and so freaking lazy chasing back. He just ambles! I want to scream: you are not good enough not to give everything!

rakishit-computers-hazratganj-lucknow-computer-dealers-3lh79mp.jpg

Home of Barca Fans