Ivan Rakitić

El Flaco

Rakitic's interview with Mundo Deportivo

Using Google Translate, sorry.....

You are the only one who has played all the matches of Barça to date, what has changed so that he has all the leading role again?

For me, honestly, nothing has changed. That would have to be asked to Luis last year or now to the míster. I always try to give the maximum. Now I have a slightly more defensive and focused role because we have a fixed right wing and that has also changed a bit, but outside of that, I do not see anything special. I am very confident, very comfortable, I see that the coach and colleagues are grateful for this work and I am very happy.

I ask it in another way. What has the arrival of Valverde meant for you?

As usual, new ideas, as with the departure of Neymar, change several things, also for the coach. I try to understand what the coach wants, he speaks to us very clearly, I think I have understood very well his way of watching football, I think that we have joined with each other and that is why I think I can do what I am doing.

Luis Enrique said he would pull a bridge for him. What would you do for Valverde?

We are winning little by little (laughs). The truth I had before in Luis and now in the coach the maximum confidence, that does not depend on whether I play two games more or less, I think it has always taught my commitment to be 100% and it is normal to have good or bad times as Throughout the season, I hope to play 60 games, a sign that things have gone well for us.

So far you are the only player who has played all the matches with Barça and, nevertheless, they do not stop sounding names of signings to reinforce the center of the field. Is it something that worries you?

It's up to the club, every new player that comes will be welcome. What can improve the whole group is always good. Barça always picks the best players.

League leaders, in the eighth of Champions, with a foot and a half in the Cup eighths ... what more could you ask for?

Honestly, many things. We have a lot of room for improvement in the game, both in attack and defense, in the game's output, in the pressure ... honestly, in everything. We had a major change after a change of coach and that one of our best players has left us. It is a very big change but we have done very well. We have gained confidence and strength and now we need to improve, thinking about each game that comes, without thinking further. The rivals dare with us more and more, they press much higher and I think that will be good because they will leave us more spaces behind. And in each game go to the top.

So far they have managed to convince with the results and, with the exception of Valencia, it was necessary to convince also with the game. How do you get both?

In general, in all the matches, we have had control. Before with Ney we had more imbalance and 'show' in the three or four years that he was here, maybe we need a little bit of that, which was what Ney gave for himself. With the change of system everything changes a little. We have won in balance, in going together, either forward or backward, and what we have to do is improve and finish the matches with ease. In some games we will shine more, in others less, but the line in which we go is very good and the brio will also come.

With the option of adding one more, with you there are already 16 representatives of Barça in the World Cup, a historical fact. Does that mean there is a better template than in previous years?

I do not know. It is the titles that determine it. You may like a template more or less, but in the end it is the titles that mark where you have arrived. I think we have to be very happy with the staff that we have now, we are very close, we see a very strong group, we are working very well and it is in the way we are leading. I think it was good for us to lose the Spanish Super Cup to win. The dynamics are very positive and in that we have to continue but in the end the titles will determine if the template is better or not.

Jordi Alba recently acknowledged that the departure of Neymar has benefited him in his game. Do you also live better without the trident?

Honestly, I prefer Ney. If I had a magic wand and could have it by my side, I would. Once he's gone, he opens many spaces to Jordi or Andrés, it's normal, but I'm sure Jordi would also like to find the pass when Ney was open. When there is such an important change, we have to get together more. We've talked a lot about Ney, but it's gone and we're doing very well. Wish you the best.

You have a very good relationship with Neymar. Have you confessed that you regret having left Barça?

What Barça gives you is not in any other club or city. I miss Neymar too, not only in the field but also in the dressing room. It happened to me too. When I left Germany for Seville I missed everyone, and then when I came from Sevilla, the first year I wanted to go every two to Seville, but then you get the rhythm and meet other colleagues. The strength of the team are the values ​​that are in the locker room, we also miss you. Whether he regrets or not, is something he has to say, but if playing sad is playing like that, go when he is happy ... So so surely surely he is not.

The controversy continues for the Mestalla. How did you see the action of Leo's goal not granted?

I can not add more than what has already been said because it is very clear that the ball enters. I was close to the play in that action and I saw it clearly. It seemed very strange to me and I was very surprised that I did not score. But it has already happened, we can not change it and they are the first to know that they have done it wrong. We are also wrong about what is ours and we must forget it and move forward.

At some point the referee and his assistant admitted the ruling and asked for their forgiveness?

We talked to the referee and everything, but once the decision was made, and even if he wanted to give it, he could not. First you're hot and you do not believe it, but then it's over. The worst thing of all is that the match would have been very, very different if we had gone ahead because we made a great first part, the best one so far. But we have to keep that, with the game, with the way we play. Also, if he had asked for forgiveness, he would not help us either. What we wanted was the goal, but nothing happened now. They already know, little else can be added.

With this and are two goals that do not give them counting the last season in the field of Betis. Are you in favor of applying the VAR already?

The people who can decide that have to get involved. I think everything that can help the game is fine, but personally I would not like it if the game stopped every two times, because I think football would be lost a little bit. They will decide what is best for all of us.

The other news of the weekend was the renewal of Messi. What did it represent for you?

It is a huge joy for all culés. Leo is part of the Barça shield and as a wardrobe partner I will be able to enjoy it four more years. It's a long journey together.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo.../rakitic-barcelona-valencia-var-polemica.html

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...tic-entrevista-mundo-deportivo-barcelona.html

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...itic-barcelona-un-poquito-de-show-adidas.html

raskolnikov

Sick of half the questions are these standard Neymar questions for clickbaot purposes. Thats (sports) journalism in general. Clickbait title hunting forcing a bullshit narrative.
Why isnt he being called out for his bad form for example? Not a word mentioned by him or the interviewer about it at all. Why doesnt nobody call out the disgracefull madridista refereeing instead of excuses its disgrace?

henias

Terrible player, he's definitely way past it, doesnt provide much attacking options, he's also a liability at the back, slow and looks lethargic for most parts, I'm not sure why he's still playing. Shud offload him in January ASAP while we still can.

jairzinho

It would be better if he plays a supporting role off the bench from now on. Interestingly, there are still some who think he can do no wrong.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Dear Valverde,

Can you please give us a pre- christmas gift in benching Suarez and Rakitić for a month, especially now that Roberto is back.

Thank you,
Most of Barca fans.

BBZ8800

Dear Valverde,

Can you please give us a pre- christmas gift in benching Suarez and Rakitić for a month, especially now that Roberto is back.

Thank you,
Most of Barca fans.

Suarez is a Cf, Rakitic is a Cm, Roberto is a RB and a back up (but not a starter) for all positions.

I get your point about benching these two, but if our options are Denis and Roberto, then we are going from bad options to suicidal options.
Instead of changing bad options with even worse options, we should try to find a solution No3, where players would be way better than all these 4 mentioned in my post.

Majority of ideas here are totally desperate and too emotional solutions.
Again, there is an incredibly strong reason why Roberto isn't a CM starter for years here. And he isn't even close to that position.
Hint: it is not because our coaches are blind or dumb...

FCBfan22

Valverde tried every RB we have along Rakitić and he still isn't happy with our right side apparently. I'm just saying that he should at least try Semedo at RB and Roberto at RCM combo in one liga game (especially with a team, which has fast left winger) and see how that works.

IMHO Rakitić can't play RM in a 442 defending system, which we use. That's why a winger on the right side is so important, because he drops into the RM position when we are defending, with Rakitić and Busquets acting as pivots and Iniesta as LM. That would be my solution in defense (we have done that previously) against teams with good wingers. I don't know why we haven't done that against Valencia.

How to wake up Rakitić attacking-wise to perform like he did against Espanyol and Sevilla in most games is beyond me.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Suarez is a Cf, Rakitic is a Cm, Roberto is a RB and a back up (but not a starter) for all positions.

I get your point about benching these two, but if our options are Denis and Roberto, then we are going from bad options to suicidal options.
Instead of changing bad options with even worse options, we should try to find a solution No3, where players would be way better than all these 4 mentioned in my post.

Majority of ideas here are totally desperate and too emotional solutions.
Again, there is an incredibly strong reason why Roberto isn't a CM starter for years here. And he isn't even close to that position.
Hint: it is not because our coaches are blind or dumb...

You keep talking this shit without backing it up...

Roberto became a member of the first team in the 2013/14 season and made all his appearances, 17 of them as a CM. He was used as both a starter and a sub for mainly Xavi... In the 2014/15 season he made less appearances but saw more playing time but again he made all his appearances as a CM sub and as DM starter to the injured Busquets. In the 2015/16 season he made 31 appearances of which only 11 were at RB while 12 were CM (many of them starts), 5 were DM, 2 were LB and 1 was RW. It was only last season that Lucho used him exclusively as a RB because he had run out of options.

Roberto is a way better midfielder than Rakitic and there’s a reason why clubs like Man City and Juventus want his services and it’s not because the coaches are blind or dumb.

Edit: I don’t see clubs of this calibre lining up to sign your beloved Rakitic. He’s a bum and has been since the treble season.

Last edited:
20720750.jpg

Bye mate

Alena-Busquets-Arthur

Would be beautiful.

Jakabor

Unbelievable how shit he is. No control, no touch. Poor passes all over the field (bar the cross to Paulinho).

Get this piece of garbage out of here.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He should just fuck off and let some kid have a good. At least there would be hope of improvement and some fight in him.

Home of Barca Fans