Ivan Rakitić

Raketa10

Selling him is the only option. A huge salary for sitting on his arse... Arda and Gomes are already in that category.

Arda is in the category "i am not a player anymore" so the only way we can get rid of him if someone takes him for free.

On the other hand Gomes and Rakitic are still transferable. I would be more than happy if we could sell both of them this winter, earn some money and bring Coutinho in. With Roberto here and Alena knocking on the door of our first team we really don't need either one of them.

IMHO Busi-Iniesta-Coutinho-Alena-Roberto-Paulinho would be more than good enough midfield. Maybe we can bid for Goretzka too but I don't want him to block Alena in the future since I strongly believe that Alena can become a WC player.

Last edited:

Devils

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I think something goes on behind the scenes with this guy. I believe he plays a political game that puts him in favor with the manager.

His public voice of support for the board weeks ago gives me that vibe. No player ever voiced opinions like that out of respect, but Rakitic had no problems doing so.

xXKonan

I remember when he was being benched by Lucho for a short time last season for Gomes and the rumors of city etc wanting him in January and then came the interview that he was willing to jump off a cliff for Lucho etc and he eventually got his spot back.

He seems like a guy on the surface that won't complain if he was bench but in reality in the background he would raise hell like Alba did last season when he was benched. He just doesn't warrant a starting spot on the field right now in his awful form.

Raketa10

Another problem is the fact that if we want to earn anything from his sale we have to sell him ASAP or his value will further deteriorate with time. We don't need another Arda case. In this moment he is still worth a lot of money so we have to take advantage of that fact.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Another problem is the fact that if we want to earn anything from his sale we have to sell him ASAP or his value will further deteriorate with time. We don't need another Arda case. In this moment he is still worth a lot of money so we have to take advantage of that fact.

Problem is he could refuse to go, which is a distinct possibility because he is seeing a lot of minutes.

BBZ8800

In Croatian NT team lately, Rakitic plays when he wants, rests when he wants, fakes injuries when he doesn't want to travel to distant countries, he chooses who will play in midfield (some rumors).

I have no idea why or how, but Rakitic lately has insanely strong connections and influences both at Barca and NT team.
Not only that you can't drop him. You actually need to listen what he says and demands.

There's no way we will be able to sell him, lol.

Raketa10

In Croatian NT team lately, Rakitic plays when he wants, rests when he wants, fakes injuries when he doesn't want to travel to distant countries, he chooses who will play in midfield (some rumors).

I have no idea why or how, but Rakitic lately has insanely strong connections and influences both at Barca and NT team.
Not only that you can't drop him. You actually need to listen what he says and demands.

There's no way we will be able to sell him, lol.

That's bullshit. There is no way he chooses who will play in the midfield. I am also 100% sure Modric has 10x stronger influence in NT than Rakitic.

Last edited:

Windhook

BS. Raki could be shit right now but has reputation of being the second most popular figure in Croatia NT and that's main reason he's still untouchable. Not to forget his wonder assist against Ukraine.

Such rumors of picking the team were more likely to be true about Turkey NT during the 2002 World Cup, like in this article.
Turkey's soccer players have fallen into the hands of a tarikat, or Islamic sect, led by Hakan Sukur. In the absence of a team manager who can control them, it is Mr. Sukur's group who decides who is sent home and who stays, who plays and who doesn't. Ozkan even suggested that the team doesn't pass the ball to players who don't pray.

Home of Barca Fans