Ivan Rakitić

Windhook

With that extreme poor form he is giving Andre Gomes some hope of staying at Barca for another year. Probably the rumors that he was part of the 100m + exchange deal for Verratti got to him. Not that he played great last season, but 2017/18 is his worst in Spain so far.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Coaches are just former players. And you know, footballers aren't most perceptive people.

Rakitic is absymal.

xXKonan

Going by some reddit comments he's not playing well this match so far.

and some suggesting he's playing like a 3rd CB.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The sky is blue.

Rakitic comes across as arrogant now too. Like he's made it and no one is there to hold him accountable.

Windhook

It is goalkeeper's mistake as he watched the ball pass him by. Obviously he wasn't expecting anything like that from Rakitic.:lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's an assist. He played as DM and have more effort but coach hinted he complained.

I have no doubt he can be useful if motivated. I just don't want to wait until he sees fit to play football.

clemente

He just needs to get benched and shown that he needs to work his way back, the way Valverde just straight up starts him every game is bad news, I can guarantee he is a starter against Atletico.

dakt

Great assist indeed, but I'm far from impressed. Modric was our key player, took initiative yet again.

xXKonan

Yeah great assist but for the most part he was poor this match.

In games like this where it can make and break your hopes in getting into the WC etc, he should be doing much more than he has shown. He should be there helping Modric in stamping out authority and making your presence known and instead of hiding and playing it safe mentality.

It just gets on my nerves that he's like this, hes playing like a guy that simply does not want any responsibility and would rather play the game at his own pace. He's a limited player that's true but it doesn't fully excuse his showings.

It's like Donak said it just reeks of arrogance. and it will be like this since Valverde will playing him in most games.

Home of Barca Fans