Ivan Rakitić

God Serena

okay? i think everyone has agreed we need an improvement in the midfield

but beating a dead horse saying he is bad and shouldn't be in the starting 11 is dumb, he is the best we got who should we play over him?
turan? Paulinho? rafinha? gomes? this forum has a mob mentality that it doesn't matter if we're on a perfect league / CL campaign the fans will still pick one or two players to hate on lol

Where do I say he shouldn't be in the starting 11?

Mob mentality or not he's still a terrible player and has been for years. And if Valverde was really the youth oriented coach he's chalked up to be Alena would be integrating into the first team by now and we could be discussing him starting over Rakitic.

Nothanks

nah the best thing for alena is to stay with barca b for minimum of one season to get consistent minutes
if we rush a youth player it has a good chance of backfiring / destroying confidence.

JerseyAddict

I was giving 50-50 chance he would say his wife saved him from police and forbid him to leave house. LOL jokes aside I wonder how he will play against Finland.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not expecting anything. Hard to watch our team these days without few beers in me.
So frustrating.

BBZ8800

Croatian crowd booing Rakitic currently in a match Croatia-Finland.

He still plays like a turtle and his every single pass is a safe backpass.
The worst player currently in a Croatian team.

He seems as if he totally forgot how to play football and lost all courage and creativity.
He was never actually the best creator in the world, but he was a very good attacking midfielder 3-10 years ago. With a lot of brave moves, dribbles, assists, goals and everything.

In the last 2 years, he plays like a 60 years old who is scared to make any risky pass both in Barca and Croatian NT.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Perhaps he's you know, just finished.

Some players just fall off a cliff with a sudden, sharp decline.

Maicon, Sneijder and others.

Home of Barca Fans