Ivan Rakitić

ebieymjunior

I don't see a way that we could swap Rakitić+money for Veratti? Or do you think zt is about raising some cash? To be honest he could be cashed in for some decent money...

but if we unload Rakitić and keep Arda&likes that no one would buy for decent money... if some out of first commers in middle injures? We would bang our heads watching AG or AT playing there cause we let Raki go?

It is about squad depth. This season tought some lesson. RM had bench depth. That is the reason they won La liga (besides the refs). I would keep Raki for at least bench.

Yeah, you're right. But we'd first offload both Gomez and Turan (he's basically already on the way out).
I'd personally like to see this midfield:
DM: Busquets, Samper
CM: Verratti, Sergi Roberto
AM: Iniesta, Rakitic, Denis Suárez

JerseyAddict

Nice midfield... Problem is... Veratti is UNavailable. I don't know what should happen that PSG would sell him to Barça. Especialy after La Remontada... ;)

I would add Kante to DM. But all that is wishfull thinking. Will not happen. Give God I am wrong ...

JamDav1982

Yeah, you're right. But we'd first offload both Gomez and Turan (he's basically already on the way out).
I'd personally like to see this midfield:
DM: Busquets, Samper
CM: Verratti, Sergi Roberto
AM: Iniesta, Rakitic, Denis Suárez

Not a fan of that really as dont think Samper is good enough to be back up, Roberto is not a technical type CM that keeps ball and there is not a great AM amongst the three of them.

ebieymjunior

Nice midfield... Problem is... Veratti is UNavailable. I don't know what should happen that PSG would sell him to Barça. Especialy after La Remontada... ;)

I would add Kante to DM. But all that is wishfull thinking. Will not happen. Give God I am wrong ...

Who'd you get at CM besides Verratti? My second preference would be Youri Thielemans, or just let Rakitic and Roberto play next to Iniesta and Suarez. I think Roberto would really surprise everyone in that role

ebieymjunior

Not a fan of that really as dont think Samper is good enough to be back up, Roberto is not a technical type CM that keeps ball and there is not a great AM amongst the three of them.

Last time I watched a game he played at CM was at Barca B, and back then he kept the ball extremely well. If you've seen him play there more recently, how would you say he plays there?

I think we can all agree, if we have to win trophies next year, we have to change the way our midfield has played recently

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Last time I watched a game he played at CM was at Barca B, and back then he kept the ball extremely well. If you've seen him play there more recently, how would you say he plays there?

I think we can all agree, if we have to win trophies next year, we have to change the way our midfield has played recently

The midfield does need addressed totally agree just dont think the changes suggested improve it and Veratti is impossible.

Roberto is not the type to be a back up to Veratti or a CM as not that type of player for me. Not quite good enough in tight areas etc and his game is more about work rate, covering ground etc than dictating play.

ebieymjunior

The midfield does need addressed totally agree just dont think the changes suggested improve it and Veratti is impossible.

Roberto is not the type to be a back up to Veratti or a CM as not that type of player for me. Not quite good enough in tight areas etc and his game is more about work rate, covering ground etc than dictating play.

How would you suggest they be addressed? Who'd you get and who'd you sell?

Galning

Summer of 2017 and people are still saying I would sell X and pay Y for Verratti. He isn't coming, look somewhere else.

weloveyuner

PHP:
m

I think he was always just a temp fox tbh

Nowhere near good enough to be a Barca midfield starter . IMHO

Really? I knew he injured his Achilles heel at the beginning of the season and was out for quite awhile. But I always thought he was good enough to play with Iniesta and Busquets.

Giginho75

Really? I knew he injured his Achilles heel at the beginning of the season and was out for quite awhile. But I always thought he was good enough to play with Iniesta and Busquets.

indeed it has been how you wrote for two years...
this season has been not positive, but i think he can do better and he can return to play as he know...

he's great player, not a monster, but with him we won treble...
then he showed enough to deserve to play for fcb...

i read only criticism about our midfielders...
it seems we have only waste and garbage in the middle...

we have to improve in the middle...
we need mostly of a refresh...
but raki is still a valid player.

Last edited:

weloveyuner

He should be given another chance. After all, he did help us win the treble. A strong signing paired with Rakitic and Busquets, with Iniesta coming off the bench, I think would make a world of difference.

Home of Barca Fans