Ivan Rakitić

El Barcelona

What? He was bellow average like for the last 2 seasons. No impact so far on the midfield. This is not what you expect for a barca midfielder.
I thought that he plays way better the last 2 games? And agree that he was off form a while. Just like that the team is performing hot and cold the whole season.

El Flaco

Some few quotes from Rakitic's interview with RAC1

"I’m sure that the president & whoever will choose new coach will do so looking for a person who they trust, who'd keep them calm."

"New coach? Unzue is someone who's had years w/ us, was already here. I’m sure club will decide what's best & I'd back them"

"Unzue is a man who we know well, he works with us and that’s it"

"Messi's renewal? He knows that what he has here will not have anywhere else. We all want him to stay here & I hope he does"

"Potentially leaving Barça? I've always been very calm, it's not true that I was calling my representative when I did not play"

"I want to be at Barca, but I do want to play. I think about football for 24 hours a day & I want to enjoy it here for many years."

"It doesn't bother me when there's talk about signing a starting midfielder. We want to improve."

"It's very difficult to explain what happened in Turin, and even more difficult to understand. We had very bad 30 minutes."

The CL is decided by small details. We must learn from the mistakes against Juventus so we don't repeat them."

"Sevilla beating Real Madrid so Barcelona could win the league? Don't worry"

"We hope that Real Madrid slip up, but we have to worry about us and win everything."

"Real Madrid doesn't have a better team than ours. Our playing styles are different."

[tw]860377202717806592[/tw]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanx, Flaco :cheers:

Don't know but it seems he is pro-Unzue.
He is right about Real having a different style than us but I am not sure he meant it in the same way we do.

Galning

All players interviewed on the matter so far have been pro-Unzue, it's just because they can't talk shit about him can they? :D I just hope it isn't him, need new ideas and motivation.

Cool

Of course he'll be pro Unzue, do you guys expect the players to straight out say "No, we don't want him?", doesn't work out like that.

Neeraj

Of course he'll be pro Unzue, do you guys expect the players to straight out say "No, we don't want him?", doesn't work out like that.

It's not that. Nobody likes change, especially not if it's going to be detrimental. Players like him would be comfortable with the status quo to continue next season, without a new guy coming and shaking things up. The starters may not need to work extra hard and prove that they belong in the team; that's why the fans don't want Unzue. Someone like Unzue in all probability will make just incremental changes here and there, and not the overhaul the team really needs.

Bar players like Messi, who are obviously so good that they just want the best coach they can get for the team, most players think about themselves rather than the team. It makes him sound like as asshole, but most people here would do the same.

JerseyAddict

I don't see a way that we could swap Rakitić+money for Veratti? Or do you think zt is about raising some cash? To be honest he could be cashed in for some decent money...

but if we unload Rakitić and keep Arda&likes that no one would buy for decent money... if some out of first commers in middle injures? We would bang our heads watching AG or AT playing there cause we let Raki go?

It is about squad depth. This season tought some lesson. RM had bench depth. That is the reason they won La liga (besides the refs). I would keep Raki for at least bench.

Home of Barca Fans