Ivan Rakitić

Dado

If the reports of him leaving to City are from Croatian media only then they are bullshit.

Croatian media have been "moving" him to either England or Italy since last summer...

serghei

Roberto isn't even a RB, Bravo isn't better than stegen (He's doing much worse for City now than Mats is for us) and Rakitic is equally as shit as Gomes/Denis due to Lucho's shitty tactics.

Bravo was better than Stegen at Barcelona. He used to have games for us where he saved in one match as many tough shots as Stegen saved so far in half a season. So, how Bravo does at City is of little importance. He played 2 seasons at Barcelona and did his job great, which is a lot more than I can say about Stegen now, considering he saves only the shots that other 30 keepers from La Liga would also save.

BBZ8800

Even if results were perfect, some players would need to leave our club eventually.

For the last 12 months, a lot of things went downhill in our team.
Real won more or less 15-20 more points than us in La Liga since March of 2016 till today.
Plus, they won a CL and we play like an absolute crap and we are worse and worse each new Month.

MSN have signed new deals for the next 5 years. You can't sell them.
Iniesta, well, you can't touch Iniesta.
Busi, well, you can't touch Busi.

If we'll have a poor season, which is highly likely, we will need some changes for a new, fresher start.
We will need a new coach, a lot of new players, and a lot of cash for changes.

I have already wrote before, the biggest candidates for leaving in the summer are:
1. Vidal, Arda
2. Rakitic, Mascherano, Paco, Cillessen
3. some random sale

Add to this, if we will need sales and changes, Rakitic is a guy on whom we can earn the highest amount of cash out of these 6 players.
Also, his form is really on a downhill since a treble season, and when people are saying: oh, no, don't sell Rakitic, they are probably thinking: "don't sell Rakitic from a treble season (the same story is with Neymar)". About current Rakitic, I don't think that we will lose too much without that guy.

Also, this is not only about Barca, imo, his plays deteriorated a lot even in Croatian NT team.
I am not sure whether he peaked 1-2 years ago.
Whether he lost motivation.
Whether he has family problems or something else, but something has changed.

My bet is still that the board decided that we need to sell some players for new players in the summer.
And on Raki's position we have 2 more or less equally as good (or as poor) players, so we will survive.
We spent too much on MSN.
Results are poor, changes are needed. Lucho doesn't like Rakitic anymore. He is the oldest out of Gomes, Denis, Rafinha, Alena.

Imo, chances are 90% that he will leave either this winter or more likely in the summer.
I don't believe in a fairytale story about him staying for one year, waiting for a new coach and then starting to play in a godmode under a new coach, new system (and maybe against some new Cm teammates).

Thanks for a treble season and for a first few months of your 2nd season.

Last edited:

impeh

Hi, its me..
Manchester City will not be launching a bid to sign Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic, according to Sky sources.

The 28-year-old was left out of the Barcelona squad for Sunday's 1-1 draw at Villarreal, prompting speculation in his homeland of Croatia that he could be set for a January switch to City.

But Sky sources understand City are not interested in making an offer for Rakitic, with Barca manager Luis Enrique also playing down talk of a move away for the Croatia international following the stalemate at El Madrigal.

:sherlock:

BBZ8800

Well, Copa is probably the best chance for us to win anything this season so I don't see it as a "relegation" for him if he keeps playing only CDR games regularly in January.

That is a clear relegation, mate.

Cup competition is for years 2nd or 3rd tier competition in 99% of football countries.

God Serena

Bravo was better than Stegen at Barcelona. He used to have games for us where he saved in one match as many tough shots as Stegen saved so far in half a season. So, how Bravo does at City is of little importance. He played 2 seasons at Barcelona and did his job great, which is a lot more than I can say about Stegen now, considering he saves only the shots that other 30 keepers from La Liga would also save.

"Don't pay attention to how Bravo is doing NOW, pay attention to how he WAS doing. Don't compare them when they were both here, compare them when both were starters! Other circumstances be damned, this is the only fair way to judge!"

Sorry, but that's not how it works. When both were here there wasn't any strong argument that could be made in favor of one keeper being better than the other, outside of diminishing the performances of your less favored keeper when he played well (I've done it, you've done it, we've all done it) and overreacting when he played poorly. Now that both keepers are undisputed starters neither one is making saves, it's as simple as that. You can plug your ears and scream that Bravo being shit now doesn't matter but you know damn well that if he was even 1/10th the keeper now that he was when he was competing with Stegen you'd be shouting it from the fucking rooftops that we made a mistake letting him go.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
"Don't pay attention to how Bravo is doing NOW, pay attention to how he WAS doing. Don't compare them when they were both here, compare them when both were starters! Other circumstances be damned, this is the only fair way to judge!"

Sorry, but that's not how it works. When both were here there wasn't any strong argument that could be made in favor of one keeper being better than the other, outside of diminishing the performances of your less favored keeper when he played well (I've done it, you've done it, we've all done it) and overreacting when he played poorly. Now that both keepers are undisputed starters neither one is making saves, it's as simple as that. You can plug your ears and scream that Bravo being shit now doesn't matter but you know damn well that if he was even 1/10th the keeper now that he was when he was competing with Stegen you'd be shouting it from the fucking rooftops that we made a mistake letting him go.

Why are you so obsessed with Bravo at City? When he defended this shirt he was among top goalkeepers in the world end of story.
If you find solace in Bravo's poor performances in fucking Shitty I got news for you: It won't change the fact Stegen is a very poor goalkeeper for FC Barcelona.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not like Bravo wasn't already struggling in the second half of last season and Copa America. If anything then his decline was again masked by that Copa America win, where he admittedly had one great save in the entire tournament, in the final.

serghei

Bravo was amazing in his first season and only "good" in his second season. Bravo in his second season was much better than Stegen now. There really is no comparison to be made.

As for him at City, maybe the dude doesn't like playing in England. There are a lot of factors that influence a keeper's performances, and it was pretty obvious that Bravo at Barcelona was a very nice fit. In England the culture is different, the style of the teams is different, a lot of things are different.

It doesn't mean that if Bravo plays poorly at City his performances at Barcelona are less than great overall. Stegen doesn't even come close. He looked at one point that he was on the right track, and after that he became a kind of keeper that doesn't save any tough shots. I'd even try Cillessen in the league.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Depends which version are you talking about. Valdes had highs and lows at Barcelona.

Valdes' highs includes important saves in two CLs and and 6 league titles.

Sure he might have cost us a Copa del Rey, but give me two CLs over that any day.

Greatest GK in club history.

If you believe two league titles are better than that then you're free to believe that. Remember. Two league titles. The other GK was standing in goal for the other major trophies.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans