Ibrahima Konate

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Heard he was trash/underwhelming at Euro U21 but if that makes him cheaper it'd be a very good gamble. He has great tools

Truth is Barto nor anyone else at the club will have ever heard the name Konate so we're never even gonna notice him unless he turns into a 100m+ value player

Leo_Messi

Heard he was trash/underwhelming at Euro U21 but if that makes him cheaper it'd be a very good gamble. He has great tools

Truth is Barto nor anyone else at the club will have ever heard the name Konate so we're never even gonna notice him unless he turns into a 100m+ value player

Can't comment on that.

I know that he played (full match) in all the 3 group games against England, Croatia and Romania and in those 3 games, France only conceded once and that was against England when Foden scored.

Only watched the Spain-France game (semifinal) and there the entire France team suffered from a meltdown, including Konaté himself whose one error lead to a goal. One bad game (the entire collective was bad) is not going to change anything at all even more so when Konaté has proven himself time and time again, against even stronger opposition.

Interesting to note that he was one of the highest rated defenders in all the 3 group games.

Anyway it is not very wise nor accurate to make any conclusions based on a 5 game (at most) youth tournament where you are sourrended by players whom you have barely ever played with.

I have no doubt that Konaté, stylistically, would be a close to perfect fit for us IMO. Has all the key attributes that you can't learn nor train (difficult at least) yourself to such as height, physical power and pace while at the same time having an above average technique, passing game and decision making. He is still a rough diamond naturally due to his age but definitely one of the most promising and complete CB's out there in his age group.

Last edited:

Porque

Luckily Konate shares Todibo's agent, so it is reasonable to suggest we are very aware of him.

Leo_Messi

Luckily Konate shares Todibo's agent, so it is reasonable to suggest we are very aware of him.

That is correct and have in mind that the local media has "discovered" him as well. I have no doubt that our extensive scouting network knows about him. The degree of that knowledge is difficult to comment on.

Riordon

Sell Umtiti and sign this guy.

He is beast. Compared to what a lot of people think, he is excellent with and the ball too. I want to go for Todibo right now as there are too many positions that need strengthening.

We need a true 9 to replace Suárez. Options could be Piatek, Moussa Dembele it Werner.

A LW. I like Oyarzabal.

Advanced midfielder. Ziyech, cheap and quality.

Starter RB. Youcef Atal, Serginho Dest.

Arguably another CM in the mold of De Jong and Arthur to replace Vidal, Rakitic and Busquets. Aouar.

After this, I would look at the CB position

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

With the fraud Umtiti being a permanent crook (his own doing), Piqué approaching 33 years and not getting any better, Todibo being very talented but so far an unknown and Lenglet being decent but not exactly a world beater, the useless board urgently needs to buy 1-2 CB's next summer. Preferably a talent of the caliber of Konaté and a finished article.

A reminder that RB Leipzig (top of the table after 3 rounds) is playing against Bayern at home on Saturday 6:30 PM. A good opportunity to see him in action against a top team for those who have yet to see the beast in action.

Leo_Messi

Did not watch the game but he had a very solid game, apparently. WhoScored's ranking agrees with that notion too. Did anyone here catch the game?

Riordon

Did not watch the game but he had a very solid game, apparently. WhoScored's ranking agrees with that notion too. Did anyone here catch the game?

Yeah, had a great game as all the other times I have seen him. Surprised how good he is with the ball. Always and still prefer him to De Ligt.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Konate was absolutely great today, so calm, so composed, always in the right place making the right decision. He single-footly cleared a Bayern goal today. Just Spectacular. He is our future 100m CB signing.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Konate was absolutely great today, so calm, so composed, always in the right place making the right decision. He single-footly cleared a Bayern goal today. Just Spectacular. He is our future 100m CB signing.

Pretty confident we can sign him for 70-80m.

Now I know you'll say that Leipzig will be tough in negotiations, Luft, but they also don't have a big market or the hype surrounding him like de Ligt had, or the performances of MDL in the CL.

When a club like Barca comes knocking for him, the player will understandably push hard for this and I believe we can sign him for somewhere between that fee.

That's if Man City who desperately need a CB don't come pouncing first though :shrug:

Btw, gotta say it's absurd the CB talent France have.

Varane, Lenglet, Laporte, Konaté, Upamecano. Then you have guys like Todibo who are talented, but raw. Umtiti was great, but he's broken now.

Scary to think Koulibaly could have been playing for France too.

*Now watch Barca sign some Sevilla CB with the same profile as Lenglet even though we could really use a tall, physical and pacey CB like Konaté*

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Btw this is one of the reasons I dislike Deschamps so much. The only reason he hasn't gotten a call yet for the NT is because he doesn't play for a well recognized club. No way someone like Kimpembe or freaking Kurt Zouma is more talented or useful than him or Upamecano.

The only reason Umtiti was called up in 2016 was because all their CBs started dropping dead. Only reason Umtiti became a starter was because we signed him.

Home of Barca Fans