Ibrahima Konate

snowy

I'm one of Drury Lane's most cryptic resident ghostwriters

i often fill in for Elon & Pot-us J. T. :D

Leo_Messi

aw, yes indeed those striking habesha beauties can take you to cloud9 in hypersonic mode Just gotta make sure to pack a chute on the way down

gotta have escape artist skill levels though... my 3 kunama wives keep me on a tight watch + the warlord of the village cross the river placed a bounty on my scalp ever since I offered an apricot to his sister
during the last red supermoon ⚠️

I am on the same page as [MENTION=12859]Alik[/MENTION]. I sometimes (whenever I see your posts around) find it rather difficult to depict what the hell you are on about. Might be due to English being my fourth language but I doubt it.:lol:

However at least we agree about the Habesha lot (I could mention the berbere spice blend as well) and I get that your answer was a confirmation of my question.:valverde2:

Lo and behold, finally a highlight video of the future CB GOAT!

Last edited:

Messi983

After watching him a few times I'm becoming a fan of this kid but I don't think he's a very realistic option. He has recently renewed until 2023 and Leipzig is a rich club who don't need to sell so they could demand a very high price in the range of De Ligt IMO. I believe they will try to cash on Upamecano this summer and keep Konate for a few more years. They also have Willi Orban who is a pretty good defender too so they won't exactly need to invest a lot in Upamecano replacement if he's sold.

Riordon

Looks really good in that video. We should get one of him and De ligt. I really dont care who.

A CB (Konate/De Ligt), LB(Mendy) and attacker (different options) would be an excellent window. If we want to go after Konate, it might be a good idea before he gets massively overpriced.

Havesaks

Woow if Konaté is anything near the level showcasted in the video posted by Leo_Messi, then i rate him higher then MDL. And yes, these athletic types of center backs are spectacular to watch. Hope the board considers him.

Edit: His passing looks also really really good. Thanks for the video!

Leo_Messi

After watching him a few times I'm becoming a fan of this kid but I don't think he's a very realistic option. He has recently renewed until 2023 and Leipzig is a rich club who don't need to sell so they could demand a very high price in the range of De Ligt IMO. I believe they will try to cash on Upamecano this summer and keep Konate for a few more years. They also have Willi Orban who is a pretty good defender too so they won't exactly need to invest a lot in Upamecano replacement if he's sold.

I don't think that Ibrahima Konaté will be sold for anywhere near the inflated price that Ajax wants for MDL. Not to mention the rumored €10 million commission that Raiola wants to have if a deal is made.

It is correct that Leipzig is not a poor club and on the rise and thus unlikely to sell their best players for peanuts but they don't strike me as a club that would refuse a sale to a giant like us if the player wanted out. They probably prefer to sell abroad as well than to Bayern. He might not move this upcoming summer but I don't think that he will play for Leipzig for long. A Frenchman that fairly recently moved to Leipzig (summer of 2017) staying in Dresden of all places for many years? Can't see it happening.

Woow if Konaté is anything near the level showcasted in the video posted by Leo_Messi, then i rate him higher then MDL. And yes, these athletic types of center backs are spectacular to watch. Hope the board considers him.

Edit: His passing looks also really really good. Thanks for the video!

Better watch this goal that he scored less than 2 weeks ago. Surprised that it was not included in the video. Not many CB's can do what the GOAT did in that video.

https://streamja.com/veVG

:worthy:

A truly special player IMO.

For those interested, he can be seen (most likely, not sure if he has been called up but I imagine so or if he will be rested) today at 18:30 CET (UTC+1) against Wolfsburg in the DFB-Pokal.

Porque

Perhaps the sporting department will think that Konate's profile is what we have with Todibo if he fulfils his potential. He seems to share similar traits to me, with what little I have seen of both.

With that in mind we might favour De Ligt who's characteristics are seem closer to a higher potential Pique, and personality seems that he can lead the whole defensive unit.

BUT, I must add that Konate looks outstanding and especially in that compilation.

Leo_Messi

Perhaps the sporting department will think that Konate's profile is what we have with Todibo if he fulfils his potential. He seems to share similar traits to me, with what little I have seen of both.

With that in mind we might favour De Ligt who's characteristics are seem closer to a higher potential Pique, and personality seems that he can lead the whole defensive unit.

BUT, I must add that Konate looks outstanding and especially in that compilation.

I don't think that MDL will ever be better than Piqué (at his best) let alone have a career even remotely similar to him in terms of trophies won, recognition etc. Anyway I am one of the bigger Piqué fans around here and I like the guy a lot but while I rate MDL highly, we need to relax a bit. Piqué is one of the best CB's in football history. Lapses of concentration against inferior opponents on paper from time to time (more common nowadays) won't change this fact.

Yes, I get the Todibo comparisons and from what little that I have seen from Todibo (Youtube) there is somewhat of a resemblance but Konaté should be on another level IMO on every front but Todibo might very likely be another gem in the making. Let us hope so. However why not have both Konaté and Todibo? I would certainly not complain as the eternal president of the Ibrahima Konaté penya.:lol:

Last edited:

Porque

I don't think that MDL will ever be better than Piqué (at his best) let alone have a career even remotely similar to him in terms of trophies won, recognition etc. Anyway I am one of the bigger Piqué fans around here and I like the guy a lot but while I rate MDL highly, we need to relax a bit. Piqué is one of the best CB's in football history. Lapses of concentration against inferior opponents on paper from time to time (more common nowadays) won't change this fact.

Yes, I get the Todibo comparisons and from what little that I have seen from Todibo (Youtube) there is somewhat of a resemblance but Konaté should be on another level IMO on every front but Todibo might very likely be another gem in the making. Let us hope so. However why not have both Konaté and Todibo? I would certainly not complain as the eternal president of the Ibrahima Konaté penya.:lol:

That is fair enough regarding Pique and your right to suggest that Pique's talent gets underrated. Pique hit the ground running here with Pep but he did not seem that outstanding in his term at Man Utd. If we can find any CB with the longevity that Pique has given us then we will have done more than incredibly successful recruiting.

I wouldn't be impartial to going for Konate instead of De Ligt. As long as he can distribute the ball consistently. They both seem the best 2 young defenders in Europe right no.

Havesaks

Will maybe see the match, and yes hot goal; he is almost moving similar to Pogba when running through the lines.

__

Cant agree on Pique, he is a topclass defender, and if a player with spirit, (speed), and good in 1 vs 1 duels plays besides him like - mascherano and puyol - he truly shines and could maybe be considered top 3-5 in the world, but when not, he just has to many flaws espically in his down periods when he lacks motivation.

He disappointed me big time after Puyol retirement; he was a disaster for some time, and first when Mascherano took control as a "newcommer" he started to show some of his old self. Look at a player like Van Dijk, he is compatible to almost every kind of cb type, and makes his cb buddys play better. He is a leader as good as they come and has all the physical traits to be truly WC (only at times lacks a bit concentration). Well its getting a bit off-topic, but I do think MDL can be a better CB than Pique even tho he is less "talented". Because he has the mental abilities and even tho i think he is best with a pacey CB buddy, he can play alongside everyone because of his tactical mind.

Leo_Messi

Missed the game yesterday so I have no clue how he performed but he played the entire game, did not receive any cards and helped Leipzig keep a clean sheet. Upamecano has not played for a while. Not sure if he is injured or out of favor or whether he has lost his place in the starting lineup.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans