I need the truth !!!

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Whether it's dialect or language, it's really subjective, isn't it? Dialect vs language? really thin line that divides in between. For me, I consider it a dialect bec. it's not spoken widely as compared to say, Spanish or French. I think Catalan is only spoken in Barcelona, Valencia & other parts of Spain.

Beast... sorry but that's in a nutshell for me as far as Franco regime is concerned. I admit I maybe bias as a Barca fan. That's just how I see the whole situation. :wave:

No it's not subjective in this case, if you knew anything you'd be aware that Catalan developed entirely seperately from Spanish or French. You're clearly unaware of what a dialect is.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
"She" could be Monica Bellucci wearing a skimpy undergarment and making come to bed eyes at me, I still wouldn't accept her making slurs against the Catalan language

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Whether it's dialect or language, it's really subjective, isn't it? Dialect vs language? really thin line that divides in between. For me, I consider it a dialect bec. it's not spoken widely as compared to say, Spanish or French. I think Catalan is only spoken in Barcelona, Valencia & other parts of Spain.

Beast... sorry but that's in a nutshell for me as far as Franco regime is concerned. I admit I maybe bias as a Barca fan. That's just how I see the whole situation. :wave:

Catalan is as much (if anything less, considering it split off earlier) a dialect of Spanish than Portuguese is. It's not exactly a language with worldwide use but it's spoken by 7.7 million people, is the official language of an independent state, and is the 6th most widely spoken Romance language. Sure there's very few Catalan speakers who aren't also fluent in either Spanish or French, but the majority of Spanish and French speakers do not speak or even understand Catalan, which kind of shoots down the idea that Catalan being a separate language is an opinion and not a fact.

Last edited:

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
By the way, about Franco's regime: beyond the Di Stefano "affair", we can forget that Spanish federation tried several times to hamper the entry of Cruyff's Barça as a player ... while it was known that several leaders of the RM went seeking to hire ... only that there prevailed, their willingness to play for Barca... that's a fact! Is an evidence!

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
By the way, about Franco's regime: beyond the Di Stefano "affair", we can forget that Spanish federation tried several times to hamper the entry of Cruyff's Barça as a player ... while it was known that several leaders of the RM went seeking to hire ... only that there prevailed, their willingness to play for Barca... that's a fact! Is an evidence!

While the extent of the government favouring Madrid will always be debated if there is anything that is undeniable is that from the 50s until the 70s Spanish immigration laws were manipulated to favour Real Madrid. In Jimmy Burn's book (yes it's biased but when it comes to Franco the author does a good job separating facts from rumors) he mentions how easy it was for Madrid targets to gain entry into the country - one South American player claimed Spanish ancestry from the nonexistent town of "Celta" (the imaginary home of Celta de Vigo?) and had no trouble getting by the usual xenophobic immigration requirements of Francoist Spain. Meanwhile Cruyff had trouble getting permission to play in Spain...

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Catalan is as much (if anything less, considering it split off earlier) a dialect of Spanish than Portuguese is. It's not exactly a language with worldwide use but it's spoken by 7.7 million people, is the official language of an independent state, and is the 6th most widely spoken Romance language. Sure there's very few Catalan speakers who aren't also fluent in either Spanish or French, but the majority of Spanish and French speakers do not speak or even understand Catalan, which kind of shoots down the idea that Catalan being a separate language is an opinion and not a fact.

There's considerable evidence to suggest that Catalan developed before Spanish, certainly the earliest discovered works of literature on the peninsula are Catalan. Both languages along with Portuguese derive much influence from the early Iberian language but Catalan differs in that it is also heavily influenced by Occitain.

Beast

The Observer
there was a ban on any foreigner playing in Spain for a good amount of time before allowing them back in the liga,yes Real was after Cruyff and we made an offer for Ajax and they accepted it .. Cruyff refused the move as Ajax agreed without asking him (quoting Cruyff ) this is the truth

You can't handle the truth!

Been done yet? No? Good.
FAIL

You Want the truth ..
557184_f260.jpg

you can't handle the truth

Yes Franco made problems for everyone , Barca , Realm u name it..
Barca had special focus due to the Catalan nation and the club represented them , my suggestion avoid "Barca " website there are some light books about the Franco relation with football in Spain like Jimmy Burns "Barca people passion " one or Phil Ball "Morbo" and plenty of research made by neutrals and good book store or library will help you

Guardian

the true is .....
that Real Madrid are fucking fascist club, which patron is Franco himself. Need to say more? Fascist scum who couldn't survive without cheating, spending millions on players and selling their base many times. Proof? Here's a proof, picture is worth more than 1000 words....
prealmadridcopy.jpg

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
well, it is a well known fact that many Nazis disappeared to Brasil, Chile and Argentina at the end of WWII.

Home of Barca Fans