Grup 14 - Be part of the change

JamDav1982

So going by that we accuired his rights for 40 million then we invoked tje penalty clause at the cost of another 40 million

I dont think they is correct as nowhere has it been stated that Barca paid Neymars father 80m for his rights.

Not in court, not by Barca, not in any of the hundredge of articles about the 'true' cost of Neymar.

As I said all that is beyond the point as Neymar could have been signed by Real.

If it was true that Barca had already paid 40m for him it makes more sense to take him a year early not anyway.

frog-fcb

Unless they either got there figures wrong or the scouting etc was added in to that payment at the start or perhaps the scouting etc was made up.to cover the payments neymar snr basically got around 80 odd million out of the deal

Zebulun

What possible good can it do the club bringing up all these issues at this time in the season?

Wait a few months and blog/twitter/interview until their heart is content but let the team be for now.

Smacks more of attention seeking than actually what is good for the club. Handle it like Laporta, keep quiet until the time is right and you don't damage the team anymore than needs to.

I disagree. While we fans sit back and talk about whose attention seeking and whose right and wrong. they're actually doing something about it. they've gotten up and assembling everyone to initiate change and are allowing any person to contribute.
while we sit back, bartomeu and MD/Sport continue to spue lies and excuses for this sorry board in attempt to deceive despite their impending jail time. Its ok to criticize but what have you done to contribute to the love of the club and the future of the club?

JamDav1982

I disagree. While we fans sit back and talk about whose attention seeking and whose right and wrong. they're actually doing something about it. they've gotten up and assembling everyone to initiate change and are allowing any person to contribute.
while we sit back, bartomeu and MD/Sport continue to spue lies and excuses for this sorry board in attempt to deceive despite their impending jail time. Its ok to criticize but what have you done to contribute to the love of the club and the future of the club?

Why do it now during the crunch part of the season?

What difference would it make to wait until the end?

People who care about the club like Laporta and Cruyff have stayed very quiet for now for a reason.

JamDav1982

Unless they either got there figures wrong or the scouting etc was added in to that payment at the start or perhaps the scouting etc was made up.to cover the payments neymar snr basically got around 80 odd million out of the deal

The figure that is wrong is saying Neymars father got 80m for his rights

You are about only one claiming that.

frog-fcb

I didnt claim.he got 80.million for his rights im saying he got 40.million from his rights then due to the fact we wanted to bring him in a year early we had to pay another 40.million + any other shady dealings

JamDav1982

I didnt claim.he got 80.million for his rights im saying he got 40.million from his rights then due to the fact we wanted to bring him in a year early we had to pay another 40.million + any other shady dealings

The 40m plus 40m has been repeated nowhere official or in barely any media anywhere.

If true that 40m had been paid up front and Barca were at best to get money back from Real they had more to lose. So it makes signing Neymar a year early more preferable.

But 80m was not paid to n&n for Neymar anyway so beyond point.

F

Flavia

This is wrong. 10m were paid in advance and then 30m more to complete the 40m. Neymar didn't get 80m from Barça.

frog-fcb

The breach of this agreement by one of the signing parties (FC Barcelona not buying Neymar Jr. until August 25th 2014, or buying him before he was a free agent) would bring with it the payment of a 40 million euros penalty to the other party.
There ya go its in the first part of the article

JamDav1982

The breach of this agreement by one of the signing parties (FC Barcelona not buying Neymar Jr. until August 25th 2014, or buying him before he was a free agent) would bring with it the payment of a 40 million euros penalty to the other party.

It quite clearly states that only 40m was paid to N&N in that article.

Not 80m.

F

Flavia

The author probably made a mistake there. This is different from everything else being published, from the other sources I read. It would add an extra 40m to the almost 100m Neymar cost.

frog-fcb

@jam dav FCB acquired said rights for 40 million Euros. The contract also guaranteed the player a salary of 36.125.000 Euros in 5 years. The breach of this agreement by one of the signing parties (FC Barcelona not buying Neymar Jr. until August 25th 2014, or buying him before he was a free agent) would bring with it the payment of a 40 million euros penalty to the other party.*

First line barca aqquired the rights for 40 million then signing him before 25th august 2014 woud incur a penalty payment of another 40 million

Home of Barca Fans